1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/7/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Welcome back, P.J. Tucker, and maybe Capela, my fellow is an All-Star.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Got back to my sister's (League City) from the game, busy decompressing, and there's one comment I want to make. It was an easy win. Maybe it looked tougher on TV, I don't know, but we just beat the team with the best record in the West and it didn't look that difficult. James cranked it up when he needed to in the 2nd, appearing to effortlessly give us a decent lead, and Denver never seemed to be a serious threat again. Green has really improved and looked it in this game, PJ rediscovered his shot, and Capela were outstanding.

I loved it!

dcfma, Deuce, bro2044 and 10 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Nuggets announcers were insanely salty in the last couple of minutes calling harden a stat padder and saying it must suck being a role player on the rockets

5. riko

riko Member

From what I’ve seen the

Rockets
    Warriors
    Thunder
    Spurs
    And even a full stregth lakers team are all better then Denver.

hakeem94, Roomba and BigShasta like this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Awful game
    1) I’d rather backpack through a fungal infection in my nether regions then ever watch Harden get a ring
    3) **** the refs. Houston outplayed us starting at about the 6 min mark of the 3rd quarter. But the 27-7 FT discrepancy while our players got elbowed in the face, smacked in the nuts and poked in the eyes was a ****ing joke and took us out of our game
    Posted by DownIsTheNewUp on Jan 7, 2019 | 8:42 PM

Everyone complains about the refs when they lose...

hakeem94, BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

And straight away Green hit a three with a smile on his face. So life ain’t all bad for the wing players

Remlap, pippendagimp and saleem like this.
  8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

And, if Paul and Gordon are the top tier competitors that they really are, this should be a win-win for the Rockets, because this means they'll come back from injury raring to go and show the world why they're essential to this team.

#768 BeBreezy, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  9. riko

riko Member

And straight away Green hit a three with a smile on his face. So life ain’t all bad for the wing players

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yes Ray...we know what's it like. Go watch game 7 highlights. No one can win when the refs are against but don't make every loss about the refs.
    When the rockets hit 22 3pts, they will most likely win (like they did tonight).

Even with the shitty reffing last year, we could have won had we made 4 of the 27 straight 3s we missed. Just 4.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

PJ zero rebounds in 38 minutes, how is that possible??! Awesome there point shooting from him and Green. Capela career high against Jokic, impressive.

12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I think as Rockets fans we're bigger than going into the fan forums of other teams, pulling their comments and posting them here, then roasting them... Don't you?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

For the Denver announcers.....

[​IMG]

rhee and hakeem94 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh, lets see how we look against the Bucks, I think that will be a better thing to feel better about. We have always had Denver's number, they just cannot match up with us tbh.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll worry about the Bucks Wednesday. We play one game at a time.

D-rock, hakeem94, RocketWalta and 2 others like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

14 assists, and they are saying he is a stat padder?:rolleyes: Harden is a very unselfish player, that is why Chris and he play so well together. James takes a lot of responsibility on himself, unfortunately excessive minutes make him exhausted.

If he gets more help soon, his assists will go up. He is not looking to go 35 and 5 every night. We know this as Houston Rockets fans. The rest of the league would love to have his talent. He certainly has Stephen Curry rattled and the foolish Nuggets announcers too.:)

rhee, Deckard, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

James Ennis needs to develop inner confidence, he can shoot. His defense can improve too. He needs a lot of practice and encouragement. The Nuggets were too weak against us, but we want quality minutes from him.

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tucker the 20-22 points scorer.......happened seldom. Great for a change.

I think it was the first game at the Oracle's last season.....he had an outstanding offensive game.

BasketMAD, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank @BasketMAD for the anti-jinx :D

BasketMAD, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Wasnt trying to be negative, I'm all for the positivity, I just think beating Denver(while it is a great win) is not too amazing since we always beat them.

BasketMAD likes this.