1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/5/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, Portland is top 5 in rebounding percentage. OKC is top 3 in rebounding percentage and we beat them . In our next two games we play Denver and Milwaukee the top 2 teams in rebounding percentage. We'll find out how big of a problem it really is, I mean in the sense that is it an effort thing, or do we just need different players for some things(which I doubt but we'll see).

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you dun have the rebounding advantage, you have to shoot extra accurate for a chance to win.

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

When Gordon is on, he's way better than what Rivers can offer. Rivers will be a really decent guard to get CP3's minutes down. I just don't see him as one of the main key contributors once everyone is healthy (unless of course Chris Paul or Eric Gordon are still shooting like garbage).

4. HP3

HP3 Member

True, in that OKC game, I forget how well we shot but we did actually out-rebound them by 7. So we can do it, lets see if we can pull it off in these two games after this loss.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude just stop.

He has been finishing just fine until last night,now its about his weight,where were you when he was dropping 40 every night?

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His 0-3 ft shooting percentage is the lowest it has been as a Rocket this season.
    He's compensating with being a otherworldly pull up shooter. But this is definitely his worst year a a Rocket finishing.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

So what? It doesn't matter, He's posting elite Ts% on the highest PPG in the league, it does not matter at all.

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

It might matter a bit if he doesn't sustain his epic contested 3pt shooting efficiency streak.

3 pt shooting has more variance than paint scoring.

If his shot goes cold for a couple of weeks and he's at the worst level of his career at finishing in the paint, he could have very bad stretches. I'm worried because 3 pt shooting has a lot of variance. The hottest shooter on the planet one week can turn into Corey Brewers the next week.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

https://stats.nba.com/players/drives/?sort=DRIVES&dir=1

TRUTH: Harden leads the league in drives, points off drives, assists off drives, getting fouled on drives. Truly elite if you ask any unbiased high bball knowledge person.

LOFs: he's too fat

question for lofs, if he's too fat, which superstar would you rather have?

Mazulis and HP3 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

The only thing you do is beat up strawman. No one here is implying to trade Harden? Wtf.

He's at his lowest percentage at finishing around the rim and it matches the eye test for me seeing as he plays so under the Tim with barely any lift except on a few occasions.

Again, look at his 2013 highlights. He was a much stronger finisher then. He can get back to that by being leaner. That doesn't imply that I want to ****ing trade him .

Stop getting so butthurt dude.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL he's stil too fat for you LOF?

he had a slight better percentage last year but he's scoring more on drives this year. And leading the league in scoring.

and you're sure it's all because he's overweight??

HP3 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

He's finishing the worst of his Rocket career around the rim.

I don't know why you keep calling me a LOF.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Highest usage of his career by far. Think last I saw he was still at 58% finishing at the rim.

Yeah...lower than his career norm, but this situation he's in is causing it. If you were expecting an uptick in efficiency while also doing more with less, then that's on you. He has Austin Rivers as his guard help. That's it.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

With Gordon and Paul coming back the variance won't matter as much since his volume will go way down leading to higher efficiency. Harden is fine dude, sometimes he'll have games like tonight but for the most part he will still be highly effective.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon is just so streaky. He really stinks at times.

16. fchowd0311

I understand the context, but visually watching Harden's game this year, you have to admit hes having more difficulty finishing around the rim. Compare his highlights when he first joined the Rockets to now. He was far more explosive. I mean he did things like wrap around reverse lay ups his first year here. When is the last tie you've seen Harden go full speed euro step on a defender?

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure. When the spacing is poor because we have limited offensive threats shooting the ball, of course he's receiving more attention, especially in the paint.

You do this literally every time Harden has a bad game. He is literally in the midst of one of the greatest stretches of offense in history, and you're talking about how much better he looked in 2013. lmao. C'mon man. You're trying too hard. The concern trolling isn't necessary.

biff17 likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Agreed. I liked his driving the last few games before he got injured though. The spacing he provides for the Rockets is just so important, and if he regains his shot, the team has a higher ceiling than it would with Austin Rivers. I just can't imagine that Eric Gordon just suddenly forgot how to shoot.

19. fchowd0311

I'm genuinely not trolling. The way Harden is scoring can fall flat in our faces especially if he has a cold streak from his step back in a 2 week stretch when that two week stretch is round 2 and 3 of the playoffs.

Getting to how he was a finisher when he first entered the team can decrease variance especially in the playoffs.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

How much lower is it?