1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are making a false equivalence in order to make the defense seem as bad as the offense was. I know at least a couple of them are doing it to avoid the QB getting any blame, but I don't know why anyone else would.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Any line that was this bad against base rush is not a good line. They need to invest in the product.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not true, the defense was good enough to win the game holding the Colts under their season average. The offense was too pathetic to win any game. Don't worry, I know why you are doing these mental gymnastics, I don't need you to admit it.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

If I am Cal, I don't break the bank for Clowney or Honey Badger. If they are reasonable, fine, if not, let them go. I would INSIST on an offensive coordinator, maybe even a QB coach. The defense needs work. It is overrated. They underperformed today, that is for sure. The offensive line needs to be reworked along with the secondary. Time to let Joseph and Jackson go. There is a lot of work to be done. The team should be congratulated on a great year, but they sucked when it mattered most.

BigM likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes they do but we will still have a large amount of sacks even with a decent line unless Watson learns how to read blitz packages and makes quick decisions.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Get a line that blocks even half well, and you’ll see better consistency from him.

As it is, he made super human plays at times where the line offered nothing.

ReliantTexan, Rudyc281 and BigM like this.
  7. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I'd rather re-up on Mathieu since he's still young & in his prime & a better athlete, him & Reid are solid starting safeties. I'm just not sure Kareem is worth the $ at this point, since there are younger/cheaper, better options at that position but it also wouldn't hurt to have a vet in the secondary. But J-Jo is not worth it any more I'm afraid, he's always been over matched with his small size but made up for it with quickness & vision but he just doesn't have it anymore.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It all started with the best Rockets team in years losing in game 7 of the NBA Finals.
    Then, the Astros lose to the Red Sox in the League Championship game.
    Then, it only got worse as the Texans lose in the first round of the playoffs to a Wild Card team.

Such is the life of a Houston fan.
    Now let's try again. The Rockets need to win tonight, and keep their momentum going.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It all started with the best Rockets team in years losing in game 7 of the NBA Finals.
    Then, the Astros lose to the Red Sox in the League Championship game.
    Then, it only got worse as the Texans lose in the first round of the playoffs to a Wild Card team.

Such is the life of a Houston fan.
    Now let's try again. The Rockets need to win tonight, and keep their momentum going.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would pay Mathieu, franchise Clowney and make sure to stock up on CB's so that neither Kareem Jackson or Mathieu have to play CB ever again.

BigM and solid like this.
  11. fchowd0311

He made super human plays running the ball. Nothing super human about his pocket passing. His pocket passing was Osweileresque today .

The former trait isn't good enough in today's NFL to be a franchise sb qb.

12. Texanstradamus

Y’all can blame Watson all y’all want but of all the teams he has the most inferior coaching staff

Spacemoth likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Will a new coach teach him not to throw it short and into the ground too?

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Wow.

The irony.

Holy ****, you're actually a sociopath. You're literally doing the same thing, yet you don't see your own holier-than-thou attitude.

Both were trash, offense was more trash. But that doesn't excuse either side. There's just no point of moral victories when every phase was outcoached and outplayed.

for the record, DW4 was bad today. one of his worst games ever, sucks that it was in such a big game. coaching staff and o-line did him no favors, but he can play better than that.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Will a new coach teach him not to throw it short and into the ground too?

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He absolutely has a lot of the blame, but absolutely the bulk of it belongs on the coaching staff. He's a young QB who will learn as he gains experience, the coaching staff is just straight up garbage and has to go

18. fchowd0311

I would say the **** coaching staff is part of the reason Watson's pocket passing, reading blitzes and coverages has regressed.

19. pocketrocket81

I understand where you are coming from and I agree about the coaching. I see it a different way and don't consider it a "mindset"when you consider our receiving corp changed drastically with Fuller injury not to mention Demaryius Thomas lost. Our O-line was patchwork at best all season and Watson was running for his life all year. There are a lot of adjustments that need to be made when the talent just isn't there on offense. I fault Obrien for not playing Watson more in preseason. It hurt Watson in those first few games that we lost for him to get up to speed. But yes I hate a lot of things management and coaching do but we do have a good core of players.

ReliantTexan and tmactoyao like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans have some high level talent at the skill positions. Good drafting and a coaching change and I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go very far and possibly win a Super Bowl.

I do have concerns with this coaching staff.