1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Ennis debate: Did Ennis lose his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 26, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He reminds me of Corey Brewer tbh. Ennis does I mean.

He plays wild...sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't and at the end of the day he's too wildly inconsistent to get starting minutes every night. He's more of a guy you throw in there for a burst of energy and a spark if he has it for the night and if he doesn't he sits.

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hope this bum Ennis never touches the floor except for in garbage time.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Look at Small forward
    Ego + House + Ennis
    20 Mins + 20 Mins + 8 Mins

This should be Sufficient for the Small Forward position
    EGO would get about 10 minutes at SG
    Ennis best hope is Green getting his minutes at SG instead of SF

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

More data points pointing towards D House keeping a strangle hold on the 3 spot. Looks like a natural fit and put together another fine game against the defending champs.

Seeing Ennis play last game; I don’t know how this guy gets his job back - don’t fix what ain’t broken MDA

jboslett, BaselineFade and bilaal14 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't like the idea of a player losing their spot while they're injured, but sometimes the body of work is too great to ignore. We've been winning while missing key players and House is playing better with each game. I think House gets that spot with the knowledge that he could lose it if his effort dips a little bit. House is thriving on playing with heart as well as playing for a contract. For 99% of players, that's difficult to sustain, but if he does it he keeps his spot.

Nothing to lose for the Rockets. An excellent problem to have. Meanwhile, I still maintain we need a 3&D Forward with legit height/wingspan. These two guys have destroyed my willingness to accept an undersized wing like Courtney Lee or Iman Shumpert. We need someone 6'8 with a 6'10+ wingspan who is active on defense and can hit the corner 3. I was dreaming/hoping Caboclo would shock us, but that pipe dream is done. I was also hoping Clark would be the one to give us 15 minutes, but it's not realistic to expect him to draw a defender in the corner - Draymond/Durant would have a field day ignoring him and collapsing on our perimeter drives.

I know no one is going to stop Durant or Giannis, but we need someone to help Tucker keep them to their average without a forced switch. Rockets need to be thinking about Knight and 2 firsts for a PLAYER, rather than Knight and 1 pick for an expiring nobody. The players have done their part to make Morey's job easier, I commend them for that.

BeBreezy, RyanB, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  6. AXG

AXG Member

I agree with the Ennis/Brewer comparison. Both are active on the court but don't really do anything. House has played more under control and has a bit of a mean streak to him. Ennis is also made of glass.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ennis is hot garbage

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ennis and green are only good for bringing a spark off the bench in spot minutes when we need to change the pace of the game. they shouldn't be regular rotation players if we want to be a championship team. neither should any of our vet min guys.

but between house, green, and ennis, house has the edge as the best two way player, then green for his offensive combustibility.

RyanB, xaos and saleem like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I had high hopes for Caboclo too...I just don't get it. Put pretty much anyone on Clutchfans into his body and we'd at the very least have a solid 3-and-D player. His physical tools really are excellent, but there's something mentally that's causing him to still be 2 years away.

Maybe the Rockets will sign him in February and he'll become our version of Hassan Whiteside (without the ego, of course) but I don't have my hopes up.

Little Bit and Mathloom like this.
  10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is right on, we need someone who can guard the 2-4(lebron, kawhi, KD, etc) on switches...only problem is those dudes are hard to find. who's on the market that we could get? that's the missing link right now.

11. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

i really like the energy from underdog/underrated guys like GreenHouse, Austin and maybe even Knight. That's some bad blood we boast last year with Trevor, Luc but sort of lacking start of this season. Glad we got the swag back.

RyanB likes this.
  12. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I really love the energy from underdog/underrated guys like GreenHouse, Austin and maybe even Knight. That's some bad blood we boast last year with Trevor-Luc-PJ (a few seasons back from Dekker, Harrell, Pat, Lou) but sort of lacking since start of this season. Glad we got the swag back.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ennis isn't great but I think he's a decent mentor to the younger players because he has more experience in the league.

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Truth is those players are expensive, so we are going to have to find one with a flaw and try to make it work.

Tilman imo will not dump Knight for anything but an expiring. It's hard enough finding one of those guys without tagging on the condition of them having an expiring contract. I feel like he is going to convince himself that things are fine and we would be fine with a 6'5 expiring guy instead (KCP/Lee/Shumpert). That would really suck as it would still leave us without a backup PF.

A happy realistic scenario for me would be moving Knight+Melo and our 2019 first to SAC, Randolph+filler and our future 2nd to Brooklyn, Demarre Carroll to Houston. I would be happy and so would Tilman. Don't know if Morey would do it. BKN gain a 2nd and lose nothing. As always, I could just totally be misunderstanding what these other teams are interested in.

Tucker, Carroll, House, Ennis is a solid group of workhorses that can shoot though with good variety in height/strength/speed. Clark can compete for minutes too.

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think it's possible he becomes bench-worthy next season, we just don't have that much time. He is clearly better than he's ever been in the G League and understands his strengths/weaknesses better. Shooting, switching and blocking shots very well. I just don't think he gets it yet in terms of what it takes to compete in the NBA. Put Hartenstein's mind in Caboclo's body and you would have a franchise player lol.

Roomba likes this.
  16. jboslett

jboslett Member

House is a dog who doesn’t seem to mind the big moments. This will be big in the playoffs. (Understandably) overshadowed by Harden as a reason for our turnaround, along with the Rivers signing and Green’s hot shooting.

RyanB likes this.
  17. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

House chill as hell. Love the smile on his face like he never gives a fk.

jboslett and RyanB like this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

House is giving you much of what Ariza gave you last year.

Rockets would be smart to ship Ennis and some first rounders for a great role player like Joe Harris of the Nets.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to worry that Ennis's problems with mobility, poise, and decision making are just too much.

jboslett and Rocket River like this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

Ennis is better when his minutes are limited and he can go all out to be disruptive. If he is trying to conserve energy to last longer in the game, he isn't anything other than an open body to hit open threes. It's clear we need a starting SF and that would solve a lot of our issues.

Sen89 likes this.