1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach agreement to sign Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

between silver rigging the wcf, mauri making bad offseason moves, the rox sucking, and now austin rivers... it's time to take a break from the team.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if only knight could get this act together we would have an awesome bench

Hmc415 and Game7 like this.
  3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Some of you guys are such wimps. Adversity can be a really good thing for a team. This is just one of many things the team will go through the course of a season. Some will be good, some bad.

sammy likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This system is the only reason a less talented team was able to get to and nearly win the western conference finals against the warriors.

I’ll never understand why everyone wants us to play more like the rest of the teams mess talened than the warriors that have zero chance

HP3 likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually think that it is the reason we lost game 7.

You go like what 0-27 at one point means to just stop chucking threes. There is no way that going 0-27 helped the Rockets in any shape or form.

I'm not asking for the Rockets to play Grit and Grind basketball...but realize when it is not falling and moving a little closer.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

tells you how much confidence the rockets have in Knight.... Knight just as bad as MCW

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhhh...., prolly not contested but i see what you are saying.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is exactly how I think about it.

I believe in momentum and flow...and when a guy is 0-7 from 3...I don't think launching 7 more threes is going to get him into a rhythm and I don't think it's good for team spirit to see brick after brick after brick.

I'm not asking for the Rockets to slow down the pace or even change the emphasis of their offense...just...realize when it is a cold shooting night and adjust. Don't continue chucking thinking it will magically turn around and go 0-27.

gfab-babyboi and smp like this.
  9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

His arm sleeve tat is sick

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

tells you how much confidence the rockets have in Knight.... Knight just as bad as MCW

11. riko

riko Member

Melo was clearly a CP3 and Harden orchestrated initiative
    I expect Knight to be rolling by late January . Expecting a guy after 6 games who blew out his knee and not played in 20 months to be rolling is unreastic.

#491 riko, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  12. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Sadly with a good amount of the league now doing a similar thing, the Rockets need to find another element to give them a boost, but Rockets have Harden, so that helps. It was a big part due to the the Rockets defense that got the team where they were vs GS, not as much the offensive system. I think the could have scored the 95 and 98 points to win game 4 and 5 with any old system.

Game 4 they held GS to 92 points / 102.4 Ortg. Rockets themselves shot 12/38 3PT (31.6%), Gordon went 1/8 3PT, team Ortg was 105.7
    Game 5 they held GS to 94 points / 102.2 Ortg. Rockets shot 13/43 3PT (30.2%), Harden went 0/11 3PT, team Ortg was 106.6
    Game 6 they shot well from 3PT, but the turnovers without Paul there was a big issue
    Of course there’s the infamous 0/27 game 7 with a total 7/44 3PT (15.9%) which is like 24% 2PT, so of course at that stage, three’s are no longer a good option, and if you miss 10 straight, that is probably a sign to start looking for other things a bit until you can maybe get some rythmn.

The system is the big picture plan, but you do have to have a plan for the outlier situations and be able to quickly adjust because sure, if there was a game 8, the Rockets could have been hot in that game, but you can’t necessarily play the law of averages in singles games and don’t have a large sample size to rely on in individual games. Now, one can argue that Chris Paul was that adjustment with his mid-range game, and his injury was a big factor, and you would not be wrong.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

One of my least favorite players in the entire NBA. Hope he is a baller.

14. MystikArkitect

He has like 30+ million reasons per year to not feel anything about it.

ThunderStruck likes this.
  15. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Disregarding his previous play, he is probably still another month or so away from getting back to form and rhythm after being out for so long, so year, makes sense. Rockets probably don’t have a month to just scrape by and wait, as every win is sorely needed

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey just signed our savior Austin Rivers.

*sorry Im drunk

sammy likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good post. The last couple of years we have done pretty damn well and yet people are complaining about lack of mid range game. The only reason we haven't gone further is because we haven't been as talented as the team we eventually get beat by in the playoffs. Even the year the Spurs beat us in the semis, the Spurs were arguably more talented than us and we still almost took that series from them. I'm happy about the way we play and would not have it any other way considering how well the team has done since Harden has been here.

The only thing I wish Morey would try to get is a dead eye shooter. One that is consistently good. We thought we had that with Ryno, but he went off the deep end last year.

18. biff17

biff17 Member

What about 20 to 23 feet which is actually the distance of the 3 point line.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Let’s say I were Kelly Oubre, I was bought out. I’d join rockets and demand 20 shot attempt a Game commitment.

In July,
    MY contract would be 80 million dollars.

RyanB likes this.
  20. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

It's not only closer, but if you're going to shoot so many 3s than get yourself open. Lots of 3s are contested.

We're very predictable.

hakeem94 and bmelo like this.