1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza said Morey told him before free agency he wouldn't be back with the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I miss Ariza, but I'm happy we didn't re-sign him because we need to think about the future and frankly, were going to need to start developing some youth.

That being said, if Melton was a good youth prospect, I do not like us trading him just to get out of Ryan Anderson's contract. Hopefully Knight can come good and make me forget about him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. caneks

caneks Rookie

Where are these bullshlt from? wasn't it reported before that season ended that Ariza would look for multipleyear contract @ 15m/year?

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Made a looooot of money betting unders on Ariza 2.5 made threes yesterday.

Easy money.

Thanks Trev for being so consistent.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

His defense is sorely missed. He was a liability on offense as far as his shot. But I would have kept him if we could have.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

If this is the way you act when anyone makes any sort of comment then good luck ever finding anyone in life. You take me saying I think he should have told Ariza the reason and been upfront to this level. It blows my mind. Then again from your attitude I can tell you are probably a snake in the grass type of person.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This isn't an isolated incident, spitting on players' faces has happened many times over the years.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think its pretty damn obvious that the motive was not paying the tax.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ariza has more trade value than Eric Gordon.

If you deal Ariza for Kelly Oubre, easy yes.
    If you deal Ariza for KCP, easy yes

If you deal Gordon for Kelly Oubre, Wizards give you a middle finger.
    If you deal Gordon for KCP, Lakers give you a middle finger.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - his back was fine, this was a procedure error by the front office..

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Man, I'm going to miss Ariza. Great guy, great role player.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

What are you, the ethics police? Babbling on about how 'concerning' it is that Morey communicated to Ariza at a level that Ariza himself implied was appropriate? Really? Thats the most concerning thing that Morey has ever done in your mind? Get over yourself white knight.

I'm not going to claim I'm some sort of saint or anything. However, I can definitely say I'm far from being a 'snake in the grass'. Going personal I see. I've already hit that jackpot of 'finding anyone in life'. I'm more than happy with the 'supporting cast' I've been blessed with. I own a local business that has literally offered jobs and temporarily hired members from this very message board who were in desperate need of temporary work. I'm also a M.D., though with my successful business I mostly only offer my services now during volunteered events. For better or for worse, I say I'm not a snake in the grass because like it or hate it I'm upfront about who I am and what I'm thinking. What is that? A elephant in an open field? A chimp in an open field? A lion? A donkey/jackass. A beaver? Whatever, I put myself out there.

#151 Realjad, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Cool story, you seem upset. Try not to whine too much. ;)

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think it was just a money thing. I think it was morey watching Ariza shoot brick after brick. Morey wanted to get a younger 3. Ariza probably told morey i want to get paid. Morey then probably said I dont think it is going to happen.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One of mah faves.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey and D'antoni doesnt believe in defense. That's why they let him walk.

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You need to sit back, take a deep breath, and take a good hard introspective look at yourself before constantly pointing fingers anymore. It's apparent you look too far into things. That is not a productive or successful quality for an individual to have. In your case, you seem to just presume inferences based on that.. and that is a truly terrible and unhealthy quality to have.

Whether it's Moreys communication, or presuming I'm a snake in the grass, or presuming I'm angry. Ew.. I don't even want to see what your post history must be like.. .. . how many other wrongful inferences are you coming to a conclusion on that is completely based on nothing but what you believe you're reading into?

btw you were wrong. I'm not upset at all, at this point I'm more concerned for your wellbeing.

#156 Realjad, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Aw thank you, that's cute. I appreciate your concern.

18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I really don't think it was his shot at all. He was fine before that final game. His drives were kinda cringey most the time and that's where I would put my money as a reason. That and his age.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

To be fair Ariza has been garbage all year and is not worth what he’s getting paid.

20. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

ariza would have cost us 30-40 million with luxury tax factored in. anybody that thinks retaining him was even possible is a moron