1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 12/17/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what happened to donovan mitchel?
    he used to be good ....were he CP3 s age ppl would claim hes old and declined

juanm34, BigShasta, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

In his quest to shoot 50%, 40%, 90%....last 5 games....done.

Deckard, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

First of all. A double step back, seriously, most of us would trip trying that. But hey, explore the rules to their limit. Ref are dumb. And Harden is one step ahead of everyone. When you change the game, you enter legendary status. It's that simple. Everybody will hate on you. Jordan was no different. Chamberlain. Lebron. When u push the limits everybody will try to reel you back in. I watch the xmen films.

RocketTheory, ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  4. jboslett

jboslett Member

Anyone who knows anything knows he didn’t do that on purpose.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I would hope that the team refusing to give him up in rumored trade talks for Jimmy Butler would lift up his spirits a bit. It won't matter if he keeps playing this way though, no team will want him.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

we did give him up tho...Wolves just didn’t want him and didn’t want to trade Jimmy to Houston

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden having these monster game is certainly covering up some really poor play by the rest of the squad. Not happy with a lot of what I saw but Harden saved the day. How long can he keep it up?

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Is it me or is James dunking ALOT more than prior years? Especially posters

Plowman, amaru, vlaurelio and 4 others like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah the ppl only care about the total pts in the box score. that's the only thing that matters. doesn't matter what else you're contributing

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

He usually has a couple a year but I think you’re right... definitely more than years past.

Any website or way to see how many dunks in general a player has per year and be able to compare?

BigShasta and ramotadab like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not looking pretty right now... that contract

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that contract is never going to look pretty not matter what. itll probably have to be an actual championship before people stop whining

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Usually Harden has these extended lulls during January/February, this is when I feel the team will struggle, unless moves are made or CP3 and Gordon get out of their funk.

amaru likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

starting from the 14-15 season: 33, 16, 21, 19, and 10 so far this year (about half of them in the past like 3 games lol)

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If you are not taking the time to enjoy the greatness of James Harden you are doing yourself a disservice.

Rockets are LUCKY to have Harden. There are A LOT of NBA teams that would love to have a player of his caliber.

These kinds of players don't grow on trees. Just be thankful.

And Morey, PLEASE stay vigilant in surrounding Harden with quality role players so we don't waste his greatness.

D-rock, hakeem94, BigShasta and 6 others like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul: James Harden Is 'Best Offensive Player I've Ever Seen'

After James Harden's 47-point performance in the Houston Rockets 102-97 win over the Utah Jazz, Chris Paul said that James Harden was the best offensive player he's "ever seen".

Paul added "I mean, seriously. He can drive. He can shoot. He’s got ball-handling. It’s going to be a tough night for whoever it is. I don’t care what you’re doing".

Harden has averaged 38.6 points, 7.6 assists, and 6.6 rebounds in his last five games.

Harden said he knows the reason for his scoring tear, but added that he "can’t tell you, though.”

SF3isBack!!, Deuce and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Right on! Agree with everything you said about James, and we desperately need those "quality role players." While we may be in the process of growing one or two, and Nene's return is a welcome sight, we still need veteran role players in a couple of positions beyond what we have already. The jury is out on Brandon Knight and if he will be useful as he gets in better shape. I'd rather not wait indefinitely to see if he's a difference maker off the bench. Major question mark there. We don't want Friar Tuck or CP3 getting worn out as the season progresses, much less Harden.

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so when will NBA release the 2 minute report and confirm Harden walked??

19. noppeper

noppeper Member

Lots of positives to take from this game (and the recent winning streak):

-Harden is playing with a force that is making him unstoppable. He is relying less on gimmicks and ref baiting, and instead, is just playing stronger, faster and smarter than his opponents. This also includes him on the defensive end. If he plays this way in the playoffs, the Rockets have a legit chance...
    -CP3 seems to be pacing himself, which I'm cool with, as long as we continue winning. But at least on the defensive end, he is bringing it, and his presence is certainly felt in a positive way. It's obvious the Rockets need CP3 to be healthy when it counts, so being a lower seed is reasonable...but lets at least try to get home court in first round, k?
    -Knight looked very nimble and quick on his feet, especially on the defensive end. He also seems to have the potential to be a contributor offensively. I wonder if he will stick around, and if so, whether he will actually be an asset later on in the year when he rounds into form. I think he was a positive in this game and a reason for optimism.
    -Capela helped Harden in this game by having the Jazz's bigs stick to him on his drives. Having Gordon in the starting lineup is also opening up the paint for Harden, and he is taking advantage.
    -the Rockets still need another wing defender, in the Ariza mold, that can knock down some jumpers. Against the Jazz, just CP3 and PJ can hold the fort, since all they have is Mitchell. But more athletic teams will call for at least one more quality defender that is not a complete black hole on offense.
    -Having Nene back is huge - I hope he stays healthy and sticks around. I like Hartenstein, but a championship team generally cannot play a second rate rookie in such a critical position when it counts, let alone with our flimsy thin bench.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

File this under "where have you been", but when did Denver become the best team in the West?