1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 12/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, Cavs, Wizards come back...in a couple of games i thought it was about having a short rotation, and i still think that was definitely an issue in some of those games, after all, i think we played like 7 games in 12 days at some point, and for most of those games we had guys injured and a 7/8 men rotations so, yeah...but in other games just looked like team effort was not there, not enough desire to compete and win...i hate to say it, but it's also possible this group just gave everything they have last season in terms of motivation etc, and now they just don't have it as a group, i guess it can happen.

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

As I said, it's not just on Harden. Yeah, he's not got the greatest defense or shot selection, but we've known that for years. It's only when we lose people start bashing Harden, despite him having a good game.

The difference for Westbrook is that he's getting big help. His whole team is playing well this season.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well... If they are "hot trash" and they beat you, then what does that say about the Rockets?

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea and its just really frustrating, it it was one big problem I wouldnt be as concerned but there are multiple things that are wrong..and I think only a trade is going to help(if at all). We need a really good defender on this team, I dont care if he cant shoot or whatever, we need an impact defender like now.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Hotter trash :( , except its worse cause on paper we should be able to beat these teams every night cause we have the two best players(or least the best) on the floor, it doesnt make sense.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol....

oh noes...We lost melo! look at him tear it up elsewhere......in his personal gym...against nobody!

Melo is such a scrub that he didnt even need to be touched by a @DreamShook "Positive thread' to completely and permanently ruin his career. :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have a felling a role player ins't going to change much/enough unfortunately, and i have also a difficult time to find a very good 3&D available, but we'll see i guess.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Letting Donic go crazy has caused me to lose respect for Harden and CP3. You don't let a guy go nuts like that in the clutch and dare to mention the word championship. Just don't deserve one at this point.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. what

what Member

Luka won't be denied greatness. The kid is the next drazen petrovic, and that's high praise. He's filthy and he don't give a ****. How did atlanta and sactown and frankly phoenix (although phoenix is more understandable) screw this up.

Losing that first round pick next year isn't nothing to sneeze at, but you don't find too many doncic's in the draft. Filthy

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You have to ask yourself, if your "switching defense" is so good, why is Donic wide open for a corner 3, and then get matched up with Capela 2 times at the top of the arc.

Why isn't the Rockets best defender (PJ Tucker) attached to Donic? Can we address this scheme?

These are the kinds of things Bzdelik needs to figure out.

11. smp

smp Member

Exactly. Switching allows the other team to dictate the matchup. The Mavs decided who would be guarding Donic, not the Rockets. That's a huge flaw in switching defense. Especially during the last 2 minutes of a tight game.

ak99999 likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For the record, I am not saying ditch switching....but something needs to be tweaked here.

smp likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Melo wasn't a Rocket long enough to get a positive thread.

J Sizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rubio and jazz torched golden state warriors curry and durant by winning by 30 points twice last year

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think Luka might be better than Drazen
    Drazen was more of a scorer Luka seems to facilitates as much and in a ways Drazen couldnt facilitate, he is also bigger and probably better rebounder and defender

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is too slow footed to be that good, he is more like Galiani - but a better version, a good player will be an all star, but not an all time great.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. The Rockets were so close to knocking out GS and teams took notice. That’s why so many teams are improved this year. They are mimicking what the Rockets did last year and have been doing under MDA but they are doing it better. They are faster, younger, more athletic and they shoot better to make the system work. They’ve caught up while the Rockets have regressed and been left behind.

ak99999, pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA has no clue regarding proper minute management... he runs his starters into the ground - as he's always done...

Us and Dallas both went 9 players deep...
    diff is they had 1 guy above above 32 minutes (26 yo Barnes @ 37)...
    we had 33 yo Tucker @ 39 mins, 33 yo CP3 @ 38 and 29 yo Harden @37... and we're missing free throws and throwing up airballs down the stretch.... cant imagine why... lol

I dgaf who he 'trusts' and 'doesnt trust'... you gotta play the hand yer dealt... play a deeper rotation and/or disburse the minutes better...

If guys suck - put em on the floor anyway... Force Morey to make moves... hiding guys on the bench (at the detriment to our starters) isn't benefiting our old ass team... lol

Clark is good enough to sign to a multi year deal - but not good enough to make it on the floor while we're runnin 33 yo dudes for 38 or 39 minutes? WTF... smh...

PS - all our bench players had a positive +/- and all our starters were at a minus.... so take that for statistics! lol! ;)

#659 kjayp, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    j3i and Little Bit like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he reminds me of hedo turkoglu with a better shot (and more clutch of course)