1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bold prediction: CP3 will be traded by the deadline.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers gonna forfeit their cap space for this upcoming summer to add aging CP3 on an albatross deal?

Richie_Rich, Mazulis, tc0330 and 4 others like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe not. Maybe so. Depends on their intel.

It would be tantalizing to pair Paul/Lebron/Kuzma.

For the record, I think If we trade CP3, we never ever win a championship in the Beard era. When he is right, he can be the best player in the world.

No deal. IMO

HP3 likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Who would you rather have Leonard who wants to return to La or rapidly declining Paul? I think the answer is obvious

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Only if Chris asks or tells the Rockets he would be ok with that first, otherwise there's no chance they trade him imo.

And eventually i can only see the Lakers take Chris with that contract, and only if Lebron pushes for it. No way in hell the Pelicans trade Davis for a package built around Paul lol, be real.

Mathloom and HP3 like this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The LeBrakers will do whatever Lebron and Maverick want them to do.

Regardless, We would never send CP3 for their trash players.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No certainty Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers after this season with the Raptors.

The answer isn’t obvious.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nope

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

How about Paul/Clint and 4 first round picks? ;)

9. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Hell no... no player worth Harden...let get Kembo for Paul.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

and Lebron isn’t stupid...Lebron doesn’t have as much clout in LA like he did Cleveland since he isn’t on a 1 year deal...Magic Johnson won’t allow himself to get forced into doing something as dumb as trading for CP3 before even getting to see what their cap space can do

New Orleans as a trade destination is far more realistic

11. riko

riko Member

They will save the cash for Durant or Davis in 2020 unfortunately Chris has little value in the trade market with that albatross deal to go with his ever declining game.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't disagree with your initial point.

CP3 would have A LOT of suitors, but I think it would be more from teams looking to get relevant and build their brand. Like the Magic, who are hanging around in playoff contention and have been tanking for years now. Teams like this, the owner may just do it with the goal of simply making the playoffs to get relevant, fill seats, and maybe build some excitement for FAs.

Teams that are tired of tanking will do it and have the young players to maybe get it done.

But I can't see the Lakers forfeiting their cap space for it, not only that, but also gutting their depth for it.

Exactly. Lakers are going to try to get KD or Kawhi, getting CP3 ruins that. Can't see it happening. Lebron would likely want to do it, especially if the Warriors look vulnerable...but I think the Lakers FO is a lot stronger than the Cavs FO which basically let him run the entire franchise.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Let's say i was just talking about Paul and picks :oops::D

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

It wouldn't be for Davis. I think the Pelicans are our likely suitors because they desperately need to do something to resign Davis to a new contract.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

I’m the biggest nba fan and I hate the nba now

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Lebron was stupid enough to get JR and Tristan fat deals. You don’t think he would pull strings for his boy? I disagree...

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Meh. If CP3 gets traded it’ll be at his own behind the scenes request to go play with his pal LeBron and more than likely Melo too. I can totally see him ask for that unfortunately(I love CP3 and want him to retire here). Without that request. Morey won’t trade him. Especially not any deal that ships cp3 out to some middle of the road team or a small market even if it’s the best deal.

But if we did, the lakers would give us nothing but those 1 year expirings. If you did that move, you tank hard. Even with the cap next summer, would we have enough for KD? Likelihood of getting KD or a significant star next to the turning 30 year old Harden would be slim so what’s the point of any of it? You’d might as well trade harden too and start over.

Nah. All we can do is make minor trades and/or fire MDA if he’s lost the players. But we can’t do anything about it if CP3 himself requests the trade. Healthy and motivated CP3 with Bron and the young energy they got and Warriors in house problems- I think the Lakers could win it all this year.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Only way we can save the season is to get a reliable second scoring option since Chris can’t be relied anymore on a consistent basis. Beal would be amazing but not sure how we can get him to be honest. With Beal we could conserve CP a bit more and not work him so hard as well.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think you make some great points, but I think it’s also possible that LA gets left hanging in FA, like they have before. If they have intel that leads them to that conclusion, CP3 looks interesting.

Lebron is getting older too.

I wouldn’t put it out of the realm of logic.

hakeem94 likes this.