1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to change Head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by b2bizchina, Dec 3, 2018.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#PromoteBzldik

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Has biglydick returned yet?

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

We should allow a more versatile offense. Incorporate midrange shots to become less predictable. Reason I wanted Melo.. Argued with someone on here because the shot is “inefficient”, but it opens the offense up. Makes the defense play more.. Getting a legit scoring and only limiting him to being a spot up shooter is what is inefficient.

Not saying Melo was the answer, but incorporating what he is good at could open the offense. I rather get Beasley back, he moves without the ball.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...are you watching the season so far? That is exactly what they’re doing, with no improvement in sight.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nothing pisses me off more than see someone convert a finger roll into a 3 pt brick

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Mid Range shot means a closer rebounded maybe

Rocket River

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The open shots were there. It was a brick house from Gordon, Tucker, and Paul in the 2nd half. Any analysis has to start with the missed open shots.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is like the 0-27 in game 7. How do you not change the gameplan when things aren't working? That's D'Antoni's job.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is truly that simple

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

What should Rockets do if the record is 26-27 after the trade deadline?

This season's trade deadline at Feb. 8, 10 days before the All-Star Game,

11. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Wolves made a lot of adjustments in the second half.

it always seems like a good idea to say this,

Coach did a perfect job, GM did a terrible job.

12. ApuN

ApuN Member

There is a reason D'Antoni is the only coach to have multiple 60+ win seasons and not make it to the finals

Mainly because he never develops the bench.

The red flags were there two seasons ago in the San Antonio series.

And now two seasons later, nothing has changed. Running 6 and 7 man rotations out there every night
    affects so many other areas of the game

bulkatron likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

How did the coach do a perfect job? Because Minnesota adjusted and we didn’t respond?

LabMouse likes this.
  14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Both coach and GM would be goners after their contracts expire. This team has no a good future because of big contracts, and lack of good young role players. I hate to say it, but it would be likely true.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You mean it was the players that watched a 19 point lead evaporate without calling a time out?
    You mean it was the players that watched a themselves be weak in the legs and short arm shot after shot and refuse to sub in some fresh legs?

Dan-And-Tony is not 100% the problem
    and changing coaches would be ridiculous
    that say
    HE IS *NOT* BLAMELESS

Rocket River

bulkatron likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Uh, McHale is ready !! ! Not serious (not sure if needed but just in case) Haha

Reeko likes this.
  17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What do you mean change the gameplan? Stop shooting threes altogether? You realize that during that time they also shot a bunch of two pointers and also a bunch of free throws? They missed some threes, so they took some twos, took some layups, got some free throws, then tried the threes again. Still weren't falling. Then they did it again, and then back to the open threes, and they still weren't falling. Are you suggesting they should have abandoned three point shots for the rest of the game? That's such a stupid idea.

You act like they shot 27 threes on 27 consecutive possessions. Or maybe that is what you think because you don't actually watch the games.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Ah, the argument that I am ignorant because I don’t watch the games.

I was AT that game. We hit a wall with isolation shots and never tried to run anything else.

Just like yesterday. Yes, we missed open shots. We also completely failed to adjust when they snuffed out the pick and roll actions. No off ball screens, minimal off ball movement.

But you watch all the games so you must know it all. Maybe you can coach.

19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess this is where we disagree, because in the game I watched we ran a lot of other stuff. And we were pretty successful with it, too. During our 0-27 stretch on 3s we actually scored pretty effectively on all our other plays. So I really just don't agree here.

20. DLX94

DLX94 Member

Our defensive rebounding is so pathetic that it allowed Minnesota to claw their way back into the game. Didn't help that our coach was too stubborn to call a timeout to stop the onslaught.

Little Bit and bulkatron like this.