1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rumor) Anthony Davis to the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Dec 3, 2018.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Let's be realistic here everyone: Capela without a very good PnR point guard isn't worth as much. Adding 4 1st Rounders won't change that either.

Ingram's a b*tch for sure but, if New Orleans can get him, Ball and a year of Vooch PLUS picks...that at least gives them a decent team to work with for this year and the next few years. Basically putting themsleves in the 8-10 seed

Reeko likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@BigBum could make this work

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

You guys are underestimating how good Vuc is. He's gonna make an All NBA team this season. That said, is any trade really ever good enough for a player of AD's caliber? I don't think the haul is all that bad. Orlando seems to be getting a bit fleeced though.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Lakers young guns are garbage. Capela is worth more than Kuz, BI, and Ball combined.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's still interesting to note how in the last big trades actual players have been more considered than picks etc (pretty sure someone already mentioned this, not sure who, maybe Lowe...), Oladipo in the George trade, Derozan in the Kawhi trade, Covington and Saric in the Butler trade...wouldn't be shocked if Capela (with that contract) would be considered a pretty great piece in a trade for Davis. Capela can actually play with both Mirotic, Randle, and could give the Pelicans great flexibility with a chance to be players in free agency.

Not saying we would've a great chance of getting Davis, but an offer like Capela, multiple picks and maybe other assets (Gordon) is something i'm sure the Pelicans would at least like to talk about.

Vuc is just another Kanter/Monroe/Favors, he has talent, but you're not going to win **** with him as your starting center in 2018. I don't want to say he's an overrated player because in terms of talent he's good, but he's just not a good fit in today's NBA. Pelicans would be not dumb, more than dumb to rebuild around him. I just don't see him as a value piece in any trade as today, and he's also expiring...than again, you never know, Demps isn't exactly the smartest gm out there.

#26 Vivi, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  7. steddinotayto

I think if NO acquires Vucevic it's purely to try and get one of the final playoff seeds for this year and nothing more due to him being a FA next summer. Of course, like you said, Demps could double down on the stupidity and re-sign Vucevic to a $25 mill /year deal in the summer....

To me there's little reason for the Pelicans to take the Lakers offer because it's the Lakers. You should be able to get a team like Boston, Toronto, Portland, etc. to send offers your way that trumps Ingram/Ball/Vucevic/picks. A deal around Jaylen Brown, Rozier, fillers, and Boston's lotto stash is much more attractive.

8. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Lol remember when the pellies said they would only trade AD in a once in a lifetime deal.

Guess BBB is that deal. Lakers fams always excited when a team “has interest” in Lonzo.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i see no reason for the Pelicans to deal Davis now too, at least unless he already said he wants to go (which is very possible btw, at least for me), cause if that's the case, the Pelicans are taking a huge risk in keeping him another year. Sure, on paper the idea to delay this by one season looks good for them cause they could theoretically start a bidding war between Lakers and Celtics next summer, but what if Davis while expiring asks to get traded to one specific team? That could end up screwing NOLA.

10. hakeemthagreat

Lol. We all know if this were the Rockets the league would secretly step in, drag it out to the trade deadline, then nix it. Why is it so hard for us to land a 3rd star while the Lakers get the royal treatment

11. steddinotayto

The Lakers have the (name) assets that we don't. That's pretty much it.

12. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

I totally agree. Im tired of how much hype the Lakers young guys get just because of their youth and how high they were drafted.The guys simply arent that good. Daaron fox is better than Ball. While Ingram is nothing more than a third option at best. The dude ceiling is what a Tobias Harris or Kris Middleton. That shouldnt be enough to get AD.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys, if there is going to be any big Laker trades.....we are going to hear it first from @cyberx.

Remember he was the first to talk about Lakers/Kawhi interest way back last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but it would be fair to compare all those players when in their prime.

15. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Ok, if they were to put together those 3 players, it would be a good time to tear it down, or at least start accumulating assets for draft capital. Not a player in the league after that can help us compete with them. All three would be on that team already.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Actually Rockets would beat that team!

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But they have more leverage now. Teams always get completely hosed when it's either trade at the deadline or let them walk for nothing at the end of the season.

18. Nook

Nook Member

It has been known for awhile that Anthony Davis wanted to go to the Lakers and intends to sign there in 18 months.

It has also been known that the Lakers are interested.

The expectation has been that Davis would request a trade and try to force himself to the Lakers.

I have not heard anything about the Pelicans being motivated to deal him now, mostly have heard speculation that this summer he would try to force a move.

I am not quite sure what the motivation is for the Pelicans to deal him this season. The Lakers have some pieces but not enough to beat team this summer like the Celtics (who have learned they need a real star player) or the Sixers. The Lakers would have to really over pay and the offers I have seen haven't been very impressive.

I suppose the Pelicans could have decided they are not going to compete and will deal all their players for future assets and tank.... but I haven't heard that.

If Davis is dealt to the Lakers, I am not so sure it is that bad for the Rockets. I think it is a lot bigger problem for the Warriors. If the Lakers and Warriors play each other in the playoffs before the Rockets, then it is a very good deal for the Rockets. I think the Rockets have a decent shot of beating the Lakers with Davis, if the Rockets add pieces. Also, if Davis is dealt, then Mirotic and Moore and Holiday and Randall and Payton and Miller are all likely available and the Rockets may be able to add some pieces.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mirotic, Holiday, Randall and Moore would be quality pieces. All would do well in MDA's system.

Nook likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly, and assuming that the Pelicans decide to rebuild, they will likely move all of them and the market will be a bit saturated so the prices shouldn't be insane.