1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Not a Dodge] Caravan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Oct 24, 2018.

?

What are your thoughts on the Honduran caravan?

1. Let them all in

3.4%
  2. Let the non criminals in

6.8%
  3. Let all but the middle easterners in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Thoughts and prayers

15.3%
  5. Case by case admittance

57.6%
  6. Turn them around at our border

15.3%
  7. Funded by the dems

6.8%
  8. Funded by the repugs

5.1%
  9. Hopefully our border agents dont catch diseases

6.8%
  10. Build a wall/call in national guard

23.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not what I think he behaves like that matters.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

So you've reviewed all the documents they are holding, interviewed everyone, denied their cases while web posting in Texas?
    What's is your day job? God?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When asked, most don't deny that they are economic migrants. Like I said, some might be legitimate, but even in normal situations only about half of all asylum requests are deemed legitimate and in recent years as the numbers of applicants have skyrocketed, the number of requests deemed legitimate have decreased.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What happens when the **** really hits the fan in Mexico? We won’t be seeing hundreds of thousands but millions of people fleeing the country.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean? I'm not sure I follow.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you dont need to be God to know the obvious, unless you just refused to accept the fact most of them are not refugees, or basically disguising as one. Or it could be you just dont know what asylum mean?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean it was reported even by MSNBC by one of their reporters on the ground there. He said that while there are some women and children, most of them are men and when you ask them they say that they are economic migrants looking for jobs, not refugees in need of asylum. I'm sure there are some in the caravan that are actually legitimately seeking asylum, but those on the ground report that they are a tiny minority of the group.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Add hundreds of thousands of Australian's too.

I'm in debt. I live with gang related crime in Sydney.

Based on this thread, I think that grants me asylum as much as the others in the caravan.

#308 Downtown Sniper, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Astrodome likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are more than welcome to apply.

10. Downtown Sniper

I'd be told no.

I'd much prefer to do what these guys are doing, cheat the system, break the law, then get pitied because that's how the news spins it.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They aren't breaking the law. They traveled to a legal point of entry to seek asylum. That is following the law. I don't know how that is cheating the system.

I've said from the beginning that Trump and the Republicans should have claimed the caravan as a victory because they forced immigrants to follow the law rather than sneaking in.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Breaking: man complains about others getting more favorable treatment than him on something he's too lazy to even do.

You'd fit in well here with the rest of the Americans who like to blame others for their own inaction.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Their intention was not to make their way to a point of entry, and wait in line to be processed one by one. You know that.

The immigrants are 'following the law', you act like that's a decision they've diligently made, and not as a direct result of a President who puts his people first instead of being politically correct behind a microphone.

Breaking: someone doesn't understand sarcasm and me making fun of the majority of people in this thread.

That's unfortunate for you.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That was their intent. If they were intending to enter illegally they wouldn't have marched here by the thousands with the media covering their every step.

15. Downtown Sniper

Yes. Yes. These thousands of people. At least 90% of which don't qualify for asylum, 'marched' here to wilfully sit in line, just to eventually be told no they don't qualify and they'll have to turn around and 'march' back home, something they already knew before they set off on this 'march'.

If you believe that, I've got some $50 notes to trade for your $100s, because mine are worth more.

It's so convenient the media have been covering their every step isn't it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's not entirely accurate now is it? They broke into Mexico illegally by bum rushing the gates and I'm pretty sure that's not legal however I know for a fact when they overwhelmed Mexican security and tried to do the same to get into the US that's a misdemeanor, just the attempt by itself, it doesn't have to be successful. That means the woman and children who are in the famous propaganda photo were actively committing a misdemeanor at the time.

I could point out that the front door of your home is how one would legally enter your house, but if someone then kicked that front door in and let themselves in without permission, that would not be the legal way to do it.

Also, the caravan took the longest possible path, heading to the furthest away possible port of entry because they knew that California is run by idiots who would do nothing to prevent them from overwhelming the point of entry, they just didn't account for such a large federal preparation for their arrival. IF they had gone the shorter path to Texas, the national guard would certainly be called out to ensure order.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Some of them broke the law after the rules were attempted to be changed on them after they already followed the rules up until that point.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If you believe they marched all this way in a large conspicuous group being filmed and photographed the whole time in an attempt to sneak inside the United States, then I will sell those back to you for thousand dollar bills.

jcf likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

You were the one who initially used the word 'sneak' my friend.

Breaking the law, is the term I used. AKA illegal. Throwing rocks at border guards. That doesn't equate to sneaking in my definition.

Now now, let's not go get confused with words you actually said first and I played along with.

You, you do know those things happened right? I know you wouldn't have seen it on the news. I mean I know it doesn't fit your narrative that they 'marched' here to stand in line and be processed one by one.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Pointing out the hypocrisy of migrant caravan invasions is a pretty good analogy.