1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Isaiah Hartenstein playing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Hardenstein.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Winslow hasn't played on this team ..... yet.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My goal on thanksgiving was to have 3 servings of turkey and stuffing and mash potatoes, and still be able to have a slice of pumpkin pie and whipped cream afterwards. It was tough, I had to work hard, and I have practiced at this every thanksgiving to be sure, and did some research on how much one's stomach can expand - I succeeded, and afterwards even though i could hardly move, I achieved that goal and definitely was very happy.

That doesn't make me an NBA GM though.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised sarcastic comment

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahhaha!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Must admit ... Thread is Humming now ...

More than half way to reaching the size of the Capela is Making Dwight Obsolete thread....--> here

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the numbers are clear

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Ok so I'm glad you agree then since you didn't state his supposed offensive tools that would fit here... LOL

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Clint Capela DOMINATING

mockster likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Do we still have that Brazillian kid in RGV?

DD

11. basketballholic

Yeah that's about the same context as thinking posters on a fan mesage board are trying to be NBA GM's.

12. basketballholic

His offensive tools will fit great. Third distributor, corner shooter, defend everywhere.

Winslow is Andre Iguodala but about ten years younger. And several million cheaper. Iggy fits great in Golden State. Winslow only going to get better once he escapes Miami.

#332 basketballholic, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  13. Fantasma Negro

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hartenstink is too weak.

DD

15. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I noticed this thread wasn’t really brought up after the wizards game.

I thought in the time he played he did well, I know he isn’t the most offensive or defensive gifted players, but he hustles and bustles every play like it’s his last. In the time he played is when I thought the rockets looked most in control of the game.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I couldn't see why Chriss played minutes over him in the Wiz game except to 'showcase' him....

Weird.

17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Your avatar got me thinking, the Rockets used to be able to get guys like Francisco Garcia, Carlos delfino, any point guard, so many point guards that 2 of them are max starting points on other teams.

All for cheap via signings or trade. Now we have to rely on late picks and undrafted players because teams are smarter and more hesitent to get fleeced by morey. It used to be those players like Garcia and DelFino we’re not valued because they were only good at shooting for example, and morey made them valuable players by making them play to their strengths and focusing on defense. Other teams are copying the rockets model of surrounding a playmaker with shooters. Also, when you win 65 games and take the chaps to 7 you get noticed

roslolian likes this.
  18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

It was weird, considering Chriss had not shown anything in previous playing time so far. For a guy like Hartenstein, you just gotta keep giving him his minutes, he will make his rookie mistakes, but he will also give you all the energy he has got. I think that second quarter may not have been as bad if Hartenstein was in there. Its a big thing to say considering he is just a rookie, but stats have shown so far Hartenstein lineups aren't too bad.

roslolian likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its crazy how this thread went from why he is playing to why he is not playing :)

20. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

haha, if this was a normal team with depth at the pf and c positions then he wouldn't get as much or if any time on the court, but unfortunately mr morey forgot to add some depth there, so all we got is him and chriss. I would rather see him and not chriss.