1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Celtics approached the Rockets on interest in Gordon Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 13, 2018.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Morey was raised with those Wolves, I mean Celts. He knows the score.

BigShasta and malakas like this.
  2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

30M+ per year and playing worse than Ennis
    no thank you

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Inb4 _holic says we are looking to trade capela and our real interest is Justice Winslow

Deuce, DonKnock, BigShasta and 6 others like this.
  4. farhen

farhen Member

gordon 'coward' hayward? NO!

kubli9 likes this.
  5. BackdoorHarden

like everyone else, I say we offer them Chriss/Melo/Knight/Nene for Hayward and a 1st round Boston.

Just to take on Hayward's horrible contract.

We can play your game too, Danny boy O' Danny boy

Mazulis, hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

I am pretty sure this is considered a hate crime in Houston.

7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

When Ainge calls, you hang up.

Mazulis and Sajan like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

We’ve never made it to the WCF without a scrub white guy on the roster

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

It’s crazy how I was literally just thinking this today. My imagination was a bit more radical but it definitely involved Hayward.
    Let me first give you what i thought about at first (And yes I know the salaries wouldn’t allow us to do this) but hear me out.
    I pictured DM trading for Hayward and signing Dramond Green In the offseason.
    KD and Dramond will continue to have problems and GS is going to have to choose between he and KD.
    Anyways back to reality.....
    If HOU has even a chance at trading for Hayward they would definitely have to give up Gordon, Melo, and Knight to make salaries work.
    A lineup of:
    •Chris Paul
    •James Harden
    •Gordon Hayward
    •PJ Tucker
    •Clint Capela
    Looks pretty good but that leaves us with a very very slim bench of:
    •Gary Clark
    •Gearld Green
    •James Ennis
    •Marques Chriss
    •Isaiah Hartestein
    •Nene
    •MCW
    A lot of our bench players can’t create for themselves which is what makes Gotdon very valuable.
    Could you imagine pick and roll all day with CP and Harden when it’s not working? Yuk.
    We would definitely have to pick up someone like Nick Young and maybe PHO releases Ariza and he decided to come back.
    If that’s the case releasing MCW would be imminent.
    Thoughts?

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wanted hayword really bad last off-season before he signed with the Celtics.

Thought he was a great fit next to harden and cp3. Even better than PG13 only because Imo he was a better offensive player with pretty solid defense.

Now I don’t think I would give up Gordon for him.

He looks really bad. No confidence, which is expected but he has zero explosion and is just not the same athlete he was.

dude was a 6’8 230lb tank with elite athleticism and a really good handle and was a very good 3pt shooter that could get his own shots and run pnr.

If we were getting that dude I would do it in a heart beat and give up some picks.

I do think that any trade involving Gordon we almost have to keep Knight to play the Eric Gordon roll off the bench.

I feel we need a guy who can create his own offense and get buckets from the guard position behind harden and cp3. It’s what makes this team unique we have 3 guards who can all score 20+ points in a game together.

No team has this.

Knights not EG but he can get you 12-14 ppg and do a little more playmaking.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think you the only one on this board

amaru likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Gordon Hayward gets injured, he will eat up all the injury bad luck, leaving the other players healthy. It's called the Law of Averages. Maybe you have heard of it. :rolleyes:

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Marteen

Marteen Member

This would really stick it to the Jazz.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man give me terry rozier, I want that dude on our roster, real dog on offense and defense

This guy's potential is unbelievable and having him next to CP would benefit him so much and possibly take his spot when he retires, that would be the perfect scenario

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I know you wouldn't give up four picks for Winslow because he's not that good. I'm a fan of him too, but Brown is simply a much better version of what you want Winslow to be. The dude's ceiling is as high as PG13 or even Kawhi, and if you can't see that I'm sorry.

#176 BigggReddd, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure I would even do this for prime Hayward. I would if it were prime Hayward and CP3 was a couple years younger.

But at this point, no effin way (since there is no mathematical way to do it without including Gordon or Tucker). He's not a good defender and you cannot every in this NBA have two bad defenders at SG and SF. It just has not worked anywhere.

Jimmy Butler is/was a far better fit, this is not similar at all. Butler is a better defender, better passer, better scorer. Over the past 5-6 years, they are almost EXACTLY the same shooting wise on average, with Hayward being more inconsistent.

The closest I'd be willing to do is: Gordon + Knight + Nene + Chriss + Melo for Hayward + Morris AND Hayward agrees to come off the bench. I don't know why in the hell the Celtics would do that, and it would still be a huge risk for us despite getting rid of all our least desirable contracts, but that's pretty much where I draw the line.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Hayward, Rozier and Morris

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Intriguing dude but hell nope for now.

Marcus Morris is balling from 3 again like last year. The Kawhi Leonard substitute.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

When Celtics approach you just decline their deal. Their GM is too good and their coach is too good at hiding hot garbage. At this point Hayward is a process and we don't have time for that