1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo wants out...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Oh so he’s a quitter?

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

3. basketballholic

You're wrong
    You're wrong and you're trying to promote a false narrative.

4. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I honestly am still trying to understand how this all escalated so quickly. Like, the man played only 9 games, of which at least a handful were fairly good offensively. Atrocious on defense but hey, the whole team was stinking it up on that end. Had a couple good games in Brooklyn and Indiana and then one terrible one in OKC.

To me, this just seems like a pretty common, up-and-down stretch for a team that is still figuring out how everything fits over the course of a very long regular season. Not sure why he's jumping ship so soon, but hey, if he doesn't want to put the work in to fit with this team then it's better for everyone if he just leaves.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The PER drops like 20% when Melo is in so they have to cut his minutes. Melo said no thanks

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

that could be about who melo is on the floor with. there hasnt been enough games, and we havent even had a full roster for more than a couple of games to say something isnt working. what has ennis shown that he should be playing more minutes than melo ? green has been awful too. if the team is statisically better with clark, ok, then lets try clark/melo with ennis being 3rd string and see how it goes. it just seems silly if both sides want to end this this early. i think both sides may need each other more than they realize. the rockets have struggled to score and want to cut one of their more capable scorers? melo thinks he can easily get on another team after this ? and have a big role somewhere? there has to be more to this

Hmc415 likes this.
  7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

There is also the bigger issue that he has forgotten how to shoot a basketball

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he has had some good games. everyone seems to be so fixated on the OKC game. the entire team has forgotten how to shoot tbh. the offense has been worse than the defense

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There are actual objective numbers that can confirm or discredit the things that you say. You can't just make declarations based off your feelings and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that you're withholding from us? Publicly available data that I provided shows your claims to be false. If you can show that it is not I'd love to see it.

I'm not saying "I'm right and you're wrong - end of story"; I'm saying "give me a reason to believe that you're right" but you refuse.

When the day arrives that you're able to think logically and communicate like an adult I look forward to hearing your thoughtful input.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol I love that he started his thread as a Melo thread to get eyeballs and quickly pivoted to a capela bashing. Dude deserves a medal

Deuce, hakeem94, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  11. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Stephen Jackson saying the league is blackballing, Melo. What does that mean ?

12. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t care.

If both Morey and want to keep him... keep him.

If they are split or both want him gone... then trade or cut him.

I get it, Daryl wants an asset or matching salary for Melo, but don’t drag it out.

Deuce, DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It means Stephen Jackson consumed a lot of cocaine for a lot of years.

14. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Well hawt damn, lol

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Beat me to it :D

Nook likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

When you're a 10 time all-star and Ennis and MCW get starts ahead you... why stick around...

17. noppeper

noppeper Member

The way I see it, Melo should be used in a Gerald Green/JR Smith/spark off the bench kind of way. I think he can be used in a lot of matchups, in the post as bbholico is saying and it could probably work, but only when matchups are favorable. Thus, he is not somebody you can regularly count on, but somebody that can get hot and win you a game or two, here and there, but may also get a DNP CD some games. I think Dantoni has a similar idea and will have Melo's spot in the rotation taken over by an undrafted rookie.

Melo is butt-hurt, because he is a hall of famer and that Gary dude is just a chump, who is just like an asian Jeremy Lin invading his country. Now Melo wants out, cause thats not what he signed for.

I know, this is all pure speculation, and I believe, given Maury's reaction to all this and Dantoni's comments, that the front office is getting caught off guard as well. So I'm guessing they thought this was going to end well and that Dantanio was going to make it work, somehow. Three games under 500 later, and pringles was done with the experiment, as it was his neck on the line.

If something akin to this is what is going on, I really wish Melo reconsiders, as I believe he can help us in the role I outlined above. Given the reports of his actions and his history, this is doubtful, so looks like the dude is gone.

Regardless, back to the main topic of this thread...and as others have indicated, now that the Rockets made it to the WCF with Capela as center, the new shtick is that the Rockets won't win a championship with Clint and Gary Clark playing heavy minutes. Talk about casting a wide net to make oneself "right".

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA is wasting Melo's offense talent.

He always wants Melo to be another Ariza.

This is stupid.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i really hate agreeing with holic... it makes me question myself... lol

but I knew stubborn ass 'the rotations are what they are' MDA would screw this up...

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

He wants to play in LA with LeBron? LeBron turns everyone into spot up shooters. WTH does he think is going to happen? There's no where he fits and gets to play his losing style of bball at this point of his career.