1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo wants out...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Nov 12, 2018.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

King1, arabrocket, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I like how holic learned not to say stupid stuff like we not going to make playoffs w/ ________ anymore more likely to b wrong. He still getting sht on for being so wrong about capela (still shtting on capela idk y).

Anyone can say w/ _________ they will never win a championship and they will b right basically all the time since only one team wins and playoffs is a fk fest.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

That's exactly what it means...
    [​IMG]

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hakeem94, B-Bob and J.R. like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lakers would be a worse fit than here. They lead the league in pace. I don’t see how he could get minutes. Philly makes more sense.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. basketballholic

Capela is part of the limiting problem with this team. We're not going to win a championship with him in the top 6. It's foolish to think we can. We can beat all the Indiana's et al with him. But those aren't championship level teams. We need to trade Capela and improve our top 6 or we have no chance at a championship this season.

#26 basketballholic, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The only thing I agree with is that Clark is not a starting 5 on a championship team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i got you covered bro, as a side note @Pizza_Da_Hut should be aware that urin is not sterile, still that should not prevent him from indulging in his habit if it tastes well
    [​IMG]

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I dont know about you guys but I'm openly rooting for @basketballholic to get a job at a rival NBA front office. His delusions may be our board's greatest weapon if we can get him making decisions on a rival team.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

FWIW, waiving Melo would be a pretty awesome do-over if the Lakers want him because then we wouldn't have to pay the rest of his meager vet min contract. The only cost to Houston would be a month's worth of salary and 7 wins.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Nene? is that you?

arabrocket, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Melo is done - and worse he doesn't know it....kick his ass to the curb.

DD

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sauces or spread sheets?

arabrocket likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I disagree with most of what you post but I agree with your take here and the issue of what is going on sounds reasonable.

I think they should just start him.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who cares? Melo is washed, get him outta here. He does not want to buy in so

[​IMG]

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

How come?

17. BackdoorHarden

Is Thom Maker still better than Capela?

Madmanmetz, DonKnock and arabrocket like this.
  18. basketballholic

The blueprint has changed. We're without Ariza and Luc. Wet haven't effectively replaced them. And in that series that we could have possibly won.....The Warriors were without Iggy.

Now it's a new year. Warriors are all back with another year of experience and they've added a huge wild card in Boogie. And the top Eastern teams and some of the Western teams have all IMPROVED.

You have to understand context. This isn't last year. This is a different season. And you have to understand the dynamics at play here. Some very good teams watched us and the Warriors and they've adjusted with their rosters and their schemes. And also the emphasis on freedom of movement has ripped open a hotbed of offense across the league. Have you watched Milwaukee and Toronto play? You should. We're not beating those teams. We're not good enough. We're for sure not good enough to beat the Warriors. And frankly I don't think we could beat Celtics, Jazz, and Grizzlies in a 7 game series.

None of that is on Melo. We brought Melo here to score the ball. Yes, he took Anderson's roster spot....And I suppose Anderson's role. But to limit Melo to catch-and-shoot 3's is an insult. We don't limit CP3 that way. We bent the offense to accommodate CP3's floating, fading, 15-18 footer last season. But we don't want to allow Melo to pick his spots for a postup.....that's a more efficient possession than CP3's midrange fade aways????? And we don't want to get the right defenders around Melo to mitigate his bad defense when we do that for Harden??????

I mean.....if we weren't planning on Melo getting usage and scoring the ball....Then what did we being him here for?????

This is on MDA. MDA is a genius offensive coach. But he basically ran off his defensive coordinator after one season....And he's looking a gift horse in the mouth and saying no....basically because he doesn't like the postup. Geniuses make mistakes too. And MDA is pissing away a great opportunity here. It's not often you get a hall-of-famwr on a minimum salary....even if they are over the hill.

This is a mistake by MDA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

If you agree with his reasoning, why the hell would we start him and take the ball out of Harden's hands? That sounds like a plan to get the first pick...

20. rocketseagles07

Doesn’t like Clark’s slow feet, insists upon us keeping melo....

DonKnock, biff17 and hakeem94 like this.