1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. Don’t feel good about that.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds a lot like the D-MO situation and how Mike handled that.

The team is getting to the point where it cannot be fixed unless it is fixed soon. Anthony is a minimal signing, if he is a problem... WAIVE HIS ASS.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let me help Morey out over here.

If Melo actually went to him to discuss his "role", Morey should drop this scrub's ass on the spot.

You dont go to discuss YOUR role when the team is struggling.

Or EVER if you are scrub like he is.

When will Morey come to his senses?

whiskeyred, robbie380, macan and 2 others like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't understand this thinking. Why is it suddenly a huge risk? If we show him the door tonight we can go on bricking 3's and shooting 33% to our hearts content either way.

If you're going to gamble with Melo, minimum is the way to do it. Imagine if we had gotten him last season on 2 years of his max contract.

Melo isn't the root of this team's problems. He is just being scapegoated hardcore right now.

Go ahead and flame me, call me a "Melo defender", whatever. I could care less about the guy. I just don't get the level of animosity going on right now.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Melo is just like Dwight, they will never get it...a lot of players get their **** together at some point of their career once they get older, but some of them are just not able to do that...

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much says it all.

We know where this will end up.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ayyy... try to have a thought provoking conversation and get countered by a meme. I guess I should expect this from the internet.

But if we just paint each other with general stances this will just turn into a troll fight and I'll get labeled as a Melo defender.

It's hard trying to play peacekeeper when Clutchfans is hungry for blood.

What happened in tonight's Spurs game that was related to Melo? I saw the same Rockets team as I've seen in the Thunder game and plenty of others.

Hmc415, HP3 and BigShasta like this.
  10. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

I agree you a vet min contract player who already stated he would take a bench role so him complaining seems strange. Unless MDA just decided to take the bench role away and you are going to not see the floor? I could see Melo being upset about that but otherwise seems strange.

11. macan

macan Member

this

12. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

I don't see that on twitter. If it was real it would have been out there already.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't think he makes that much of a difference on this squad either way. Helped us win a game in Brooklyn, helped us lose on in OKC.

Rockets have a litany of issues which will still be present if/when Melo is waived.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

It was in his postgame interview. Not sure what to tell you?

15. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We let Melo, a proven defensive liability and inconsistent offensive player who has known chemistry issues, play 30 minutes a game. How many vet min players are getting 30 minutes a night despite actively playing badly and hurting the team? And now he's already wanting his role to change like 10 games into the year? Of course it was a huge risk, and it's proving to be a dumb risk.

I'm not saying he's the only problem on the team or anything, it's just that he was replaceable with hundreds of other players who A) would have fit better, B) would have accepted their role better, and C) provide skill sets that the team actually was needing, but instead we waited and waited for OKC to get rid of him so we could bring him in, and it has predictably been a stupid addition. Very easily avoidable mistake, but we went ahead and did it.

MrSabotage likes this.
  17. ktex

ktex Member

Pay attention, Astros! Championship windows can close faster than you think!!!!

Corrosion likes this.
  18. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

I would think all the media would have been tweeting that out? That is sort of a big comment.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

I don't think Melo wants his role to change I think MDA wants Melo's role to change a lot. Which lead to the situation we are in. Otherwise it makes no sense.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as bad as we played tonite, i think with melo in the game we get blown out. he's just a massive hole on D and it's not necessarily for a lack of effort. he just cannot defend