1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your New Harris County Judge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 6, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

Is she going to get rid of the astrodome?

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*shrug*
    We'll see

Rocket River

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

She better thank Beto and straight ticket balloting which idiot Republicans fought to keep for another election. Serves them right.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  5. ipaman

"Judge" Emmett never really had a "real" job either. Been a lifelong politician as far as I know.

6. ipaman

Wow didn't realize Judge Emmett was a god-like, storm and Hurricane annihilator. Hang on... he's not! In fact the worst storms we've ever had have been under his watch. Bad timing for him but I can tell you that he did very little to deal with disaster after disaster for his county brothers and sisters. Only thing he did was PR stunting, chasing screentime, etc..., during such disasters. Made sure to satisfy his ego but did nothing for flooding infrastructure. Good riddance to lifetime politicians.

pgabriel and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Thats crazy. Next thing you know a President with no experience will get voted into power.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has been a county admin for a long time. So he knows what to do at this point.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  9. ipaman

Yea, retire. Good riddance.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so lol. I can't believe Emmett lost though. Tons of experience going out the window.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

No way. Republicans and Democrats almost universally respected Judge Emmett. You want someone with experience in this working, administrative job. Beto being elected would not have fundamentally changed anybody's life in Houston, but having an inexperienced county "judge" next time we have storms will directly affect people.

I'm sure, however, that Judge Emmett will do everything he can to make sure the new person is successful. That's how he is. He's an across the aisle worker. Your nonchalance to this is disturbing and must show you don't really know how Harris County works.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is my question. For Emmot's ramming through the Astrodome project against the will of the people of the city and the county, he has gotten what he deserved here. Now as far as the person who has replaced him, I have no idea.

ipaman likes this.
  13. ipaman

Because last time we had storms under Emmett there was no direct impact to the people? Do you actually hear/read yourself?

I'm an independent and loathe both Emmett who is a lifetime, smug, egocentric "politician" and SJL. Can't stand any of the smug lifetimer types regardless of party.

You need to get a grip or move out of Harris county because storms 'aint gonna stop and Emmett did practically nothing to deal with the worse and worse storms when he had the chance. Never missed a live camera feed though, I give him that.

As for me, I'm hopeful that the newbie with no bad habits brings a new energy & perspective; will actually try do something to deal with flooding from storms that will continue.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. ipaman

I am pro save the dome but like I've been saying, he's a hardheaded, smug, lifetimer, who ignores the people and does what HE wants. Got what he deserved imo and again that's coming from someone who is pro save the dome. Can't go against the people even if the people disagree with me.

15. SuraGotMadHops

Emmit was incredible in his Harvey relief response and action, that alone should be enough for him to win the next 10 elections...we'll see how good this youngster is when she's put in crisis.

Astrodome likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

One, good for her.

Two, I liked Emmett (despite the aforementioned Astrodome stuff). I made two exceptions to my anti-Republican ballot -- a high school friend of mine, and him. If I'd thought about it for two seconds I might have realized he was at risk, but it completely surprised me that he lost.

And third, I hate that we elect judges. Voters don't have any information to make any of those choices.

RayRay10, King1 and pgabriel like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Met Emmitt this year after 4 years of trying to get him to come to our civic club meeting. He came to remind us he was running for re-election lol.

Emmitt was ok but the Dome thing cost him. He spend more time of that ****ing POS than on flood projects. Time for new blood.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Harris County currently has the nation's longest ballot

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Did you mention something about sunny Leone the other day?

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Sunny San Leon?