1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BackdoorHarden

Harden's girlfriend???

[​IMG]

2. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Wait what? Your dog got hit by lightning??

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well...the defense was ok, I guess. Held the Thunder to below 100, although that partially had to do with OKC just missing shots after a hot 2nd quarter.

The offense isn't broken. It's the players' shots that are broken. Other than Harden and PJ, everyone else is struggling at the same time, which leads to godawful offense. The team still misses Ego, because regardless of how awful his shooting has been this year, he's always a threat and can create from nothing.

I'm not feeling some of the posters here though. I respect those who have been hard on the Rockets from the start (e.g. Reeko) because you can tell the frustration stems from love of the team. Others, however, seem to only pop up during a loss to throw **** around. I sure hope that when this team actually turns a corner, those weirdos will be gone for good.

Other than that, this loss sucks. Its still early, but each game like this means that the Rockets need to play catch-up later. Consistency is bad right now, and that has to do with both shuffling lineups and good players playing badly.

And one last little thing: the refs didn't do the Rockets any favors today either, they were pretty disruptive of what little rhythm the team had. Not why the Rox lost, though; just one factor of many.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this team can have a rebound game against the Spurs. If they do, I'll be pretty encouraged.

IvanLCPM, BigShasta, SORF and 3 others like this.
  4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

My NBA LP payment went thru today...

*hangs head*

BigShasta likes this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I've seen mistakes made in the off season but it seems as though EVERY move made has been a mistake. CP3 not worth $160 mil...should have never maxed him and Clint not worth what we paid him. Melo, for any amount, was a joke. Letting Luc and Trevor move on was a HUGE mistake.

Stormy1234 and BigShasta like this.
  6. LUK3

LUK3 Member

At least the GS-Milwaukee game will be better than the Houston Bums

7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Hope you took the monthly plan !

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I turned the game off at halftime. I spared myself the misery of watching a half-hearted near incompetent basketball team make a mockery of the game. No energy, no rhythm, no focus, no scheme, no nothing. What has happened to them? How can they go from the best record in the league to this?

9. riko

riko Member

At this rate making the playoffs Is a question mark.

Remlap and bro2044 like this.
  10. Homey the Clown

Elke The Stallion

11. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

When is the last time Harden had 5 times as many turnovers as points from the free throw line?

I think this is on him, and Melo (although Melo is just washed up - harden still has some years in the tank)

12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I am still at a loss as to how this team scored <20pts in 3 out of 4 quarters.

Thunder defense wasn't even that great, I saw dozens of open shots tonight and just all clanging all at the same time. I dont even understand how it's possible to be that bad at shooting.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

For real, half these guys never show up when we win, its ridiculous. I hope we win so I dont have to see Zboy post a dumb I told you so and then others who are never here when we win.

Roomba likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah @Reeko (he jinxed this game) and @YOLO, @JSizzle hate Melo, but it at least seems like they want the Rockets to succeed. @J.R. is too sarcastic for me to tell. @Zboy is loving the struggle.

come at me!

heypartner, Mazulis, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Bruh, we need some @hakeem94

Mazulis and DreamShook like this.
  16. SORF

SORF Member

No. the lightning strike and the dog's death were two separate things. House was hit on 8-11, and dog died on 10-4. The vet thinks an undiagnosed tumor ruptured and he died on route to emergency surgery. He went from an active and healthy dog to dead in less than 45 minutes.

17. farhen

farhen Member

Our scrubs take it to the next level lmao

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigShasta and Vivi like this.
  19. farhen

farhen Member

aye!

HP3 likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member