1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

No chance of ever happening, but my proposal would be:

I would require a license (with rigorous background check, in class and continuing education requirements) and mandatory liability insurance. Confiscation of all guns without proper tags after a certain pre-determined time period.
    Legal purchase of single shot rifles/handguns only, with immediate cessation of guns capable of multiple firings without reload.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is the worst mass murder shooting we've had in weeks.

Surfguy, mdrowe00, CCorn and 4 others like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Your whole post is speculative nonsense.

TRUMP OVERTURNS A MENTAL HEALTH REGULATION ON GUN PURCHASES

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its a mental illness but not a disability. It can be improved upon. The more i think about it, i definitely don't believe it should be an automatic disqualification

5. conquistador#11

easy solution: Good bar tender with guns!

CCorn likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

7. MystikArkitect

If you have a history of epilepsy then you probably shouldn’t drive. Yes that’s right, if you have PTSD or a mental health disorder, you shouldn’t have access to weapons. So we should endanger people here because they chose to be in the armed forces?

Tell me, if every mass shooting that has happened were committed by a Muslim or undocumented immigrant, would the laws change?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There are plenty of people with ptsd. Every mass shooter doesnt have it.

Its not enough to justify banning them from a fundamental right

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Yet you have no issue with changing the 14th amendment.

hypocrite much?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont know what or care about what you're talking about cause you just made that up.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

American Exceptionalism!!!

12. Senator

Senator Member

I disregard anything said for the sake of being PC. That being said, toxic masculinity is a real issue and not the good ol boy just bubba bein bubba kind.

Testosterone gets those things done, some thing men naturally have. When it morphs into toxic forms of testosterone like beating a woman to put her in her place , needing to out drink your buddies in college to the point of blacking out, feeling entitled to violence when things dont go your way ... that's called toxic masculinity. And these were mainstream narratives when a lot of middle aged men grew up. It's better now, but still contributes to mentally Ill or just miserable dudes taking a gun to innocent people.

Killer always have slanted narratives in their head. Educate kids on toxicity.. a real human behavior class.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Actually you are right , my bad got you mixed up with another poster.

So how do feel about the 14th amendment?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I don't disagree with a lot of this. I just dislike the term, because there are those who want to paint an entire gender with it. To me, it's become too loaded to be useful.

And you tapped into another truth, which I was suggesting: testosterone gets things done -- and it can go out of control too.

It's just that there are those want to use that term to tamp down that natural inclination in men which society depends upon. If those critics keep up their misandry, watch how things go when men begin to check out. Actually, all this is happening already. Why should a man risk his neck for a society that despises and disparages him? These are the things I'm concerned about.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

What are babbling about.

women can do any of those jobs you listed, society depends on women and men equally.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think borders are obsolete

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We'll have a moment of silence (Thursday)," Kerr said according to Anthony Slater of The Athletic. "We had a moment of silence last week. We'll probably have a moment of silence next week. That's the reality until we do something about it."

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Newtown is still the mass shooting that my thoughts continue to go back to even to this day. It's so fu*king awful.

Amiga likes this.
  19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...once nothing was done (in any way) after what happened to those children...I kind of had the feeling that we would all be doomed to relive it...

Amiga likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member