1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I watched the first half. Butler didn't do a damn thing for the first 6 mins of the game seemingly lol. Was basically standing around watching Rose, Wiggins, KAT play. You can tell that Taj and him are the only friends on the court.

BigMaloe, Deuce and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should show more empathy toward someone who lived through beating capela gave him in the 1st round

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I watched the first half. Ariza didn't do a damn thing for the first 6 mins of the game seemingly lol. Was basically standing around watching Booker, Jackson, Ayton play. You can tell that Anderson and him are the only friends on the court.

BigMaloe, D-rock and sammy like this.
  4. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Jimmy B isn't even trying and is still filling up the boxscore lol

jb86, Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy Butler on a dysfunctional team with a coach who’s clueless offensively and surrounded with very little shooting is averaging 22, 5, and 4 on 49/40/80 shooting splits to go along with 2.4 steals a game

[​IMG]

6. Sanity2disChaos

Saw Butler last night and scratched my head trying to figure out why we still have Gordon,4 first and Chris’s still on the team.

Get this thing done already.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Why you ask... Because this stubborn ahole is in charge.
    [​IMG]

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

And start discussions with other teams for the 4 first rounders to see if Minny blinks.

Side note: Would love to somehow get WCS if trading with SAC.

fattz likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree. My proposed revision of Deuce's trade is to go ahead and include Gordon, but only give up 2 firsts (to the Kings) and 2 seconds (to Minny). We keep Knight. That convinces Minny to do it, since they're getting two starter-caliber players and a couple of picks. Thibs gets a team that might actually make the playoffs this year. Sacramento gets our 2019 and 2021 picks, which gives them near-future picks to justify taking on Dieng's contract.

Why it still might not work: The Kings would surely realize those will be late 1st-round picks and not worth it. And 2 starters and 2 2nd-round picks might still not be enough to make the T-Wolves bite.

Plowman likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

TWolves are the opposite of a Spurs, Jazz, Grizzlies, Thunder, A's, Brewers, Royals, i.e..., small market teams that are able to reach high level of success despite being small market due to great leadership, smart braintrust, etc... They are stupid and that's why KG never won and left. Their owner is an idiot, they have a long history of hiring stupid and stubborn coaches and gms. Terribly run franchise with really great fan support up until this year.

luckyman76 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There can be sticking points for sure. To be frank a FOUR team deal seems super unlikely. But I needed 4 teams to "accomplish" the Wolves goals.

The Wolves want to accomplish 3 things. But there needs to be COMPROMISE in doing that. The more they want to accomplish, the more compromise they have to accept.

So yeah, there are details. But they are not realistically going to accomplish ALL of their goals without a compromise in the details.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He was coasting. But he wasn't hurting the team so to speak.

They put up a stat late in the game and it said that Butler LEADS THE NBA in scoring in the 4th quarter at around 10ppg. I thought that was interesting.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, also cause the Kings are out of the rebuilding process, i'd say...they don't have their pick this season, and by the next year i think they'll continue to get better so, Fox, Hield, Bagley/Giles, Stein is a solid core for them, they may want to get someone into cap space next summer to play the 3 (unless they think Bogdanovic is good enough to fill that role) and they're set so, taking back Dieng is not exactly ideal for them, and they won't do that unless it's really worth it.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wolves will not settle for Gordon and Lee plus 2 seconds. Even with taking Dieng off their books.

Will need 1 first, if not 2.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Because that's a ton to give up on a potential rental. Butler could end up being hard to predict when free agency hits.

17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Agree with you, did you understand why was he playing with one hand on his shorts? I think I saw him bleeding a few moments before.

I was impressed by Butler last night, skills on every area. Also you can see his attitude, if he gets here and we can have him engaged wow, but is a difficult task.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, when he put his hand in his pants,I think it was because the bleeding started up again.

Jon mentions the same

D-rock, BigMaloe and fryjol7 like this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This and Deuce's point is really where it's at. Minny wants 3 things that compete with each other and they won't be happy with it. Sac was pliable earlier but they had to get the recent picks. Minny wanted picks but you cannot have picks and get rid of Dieng. I think the original trade was something akin to picks to Sac to take Dieng and Gordon or Knight to Minny. Minny wanted both so Morey came back with Knight + 4 ones and basically said here you go, you figure it out. I think there is still leverage here with Sac and Atl to take Dieng. Maybe this is time to fold the Wiggins deal in if they want to as well to Sac. They would be down for anything then. I think we have to stick with Morey's latest offer or at best move Dieng to Sac or Atl with Minny only getting 2023/2025 1sts with fewer protections. I applaud Morey for trying to save Gordon. With how this has played out I think he was right because I don't think Minny was serious about trading Butler until now that they have screwed over their deals. General Soreness and losing has caused more instability. I think reality will settle in eventually no matter how stupid they are.

Vivi and Deuce like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

IF (a big IF) Minny was smart they would try to move on from Wiggins if they could find a taker. And yeah, Sacramento is the type of team that might be desperate enough to bite. But considering where we are with the Butler situation.....this concept is probably too big for them.