1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

California failed at electing Beto.

BigggReddd and Dark Rhino like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was it 2004 that you declared them a regional party? I can't really remember which year. But since Obama's first mid term the Republicans have basically controlled the country, either through effective obstruction or outright control.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The electoral college!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

pwn3d yet again, Sammy!

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m a Texan. Voted Beto. But he did lose, that is correct. Canada won I guess

RasaqBoi and Nook like this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

Seriously?, majority of population vote came from New York and California. If your born in a certain state odds are you will be that majority’s favored party. I don’t think two states should determine the out come of an entire nation its conducted of states for a reason, they are essentially separate countries in a sense but United.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yes - that was the year Sam proclaimed the "cell phone voters" were going to change everything. 14 years later, he's still on here babbling nonsense and getting things wrong. Poor guy.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I’m laughing at those blustering at the Cruz victory.....

Cruz was a nationally known political figure that was the runner up for the Republican Presidential nomination two years ago... is the incumbent in a state where a Democrat hasn’t held state office in 25 years.... and Cruz wins by 2% points. Either Beto is the second coming of Kennedy of Cruz is a highly unlikeable untrustworthy politician to barely win with virtually every foreseeable advantage.

joshuaao, MrBear1, DonnyMost and 7 others like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, you have a MLK sig....and LOL, unbelievable.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

leroy and HP3 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Bobbythegreat has to be at home just looking at this with no outlet.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Harris is like 85% Houston, so of course it falls blue. Urban areas = blue. Not a big surprise there.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He predicted a much bigger victory for Cruz and he was wrong on that.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

As far as Beto goes, keep that California bullshit out of Texas. We don't need flocks of Californians fleeing Cali due to how they elected & how the state is ending up only to elect the same kind here.

14. HTM

HTM Member

Uh running in the midterm after the election of a Republican president is a huge and decided disadvantage

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Looks at all of those liberal fools who believed Beto had a shot!
    @No Worries

No Worries likes this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am under no delusions about who or what I believe Ted Cruz is. I just hope that our conservative friends realize that they should perhaps put up a different candidate in the primary if they genuinely care about being represented instead of used.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Bobby was here he would say you're an idiot.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol he's gotta have alts right?

DreamShook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Ted Cruz’ wife is a vegan from California....

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't disagree with you on Cruz at all …. I cant stand him.

There was a time , early in the GOP presidential primaries that I thought he might be my candidate - then he went on social media claiming another candidate , I believe it was Kasich had dropped out when that wasn't the case - it was a douchebag move trying to improve his position at the expense of another. There were other things too but that seemingly insignificant act showed me he who he was.

(off topic kinda - Its things like that where people show us who they really are - this plays into my thought process on that Trump add that was pulled for being racist - Don't pull it , let them show us who they are. By pulling that add you are shielding him from his own asshattery. I don't need the media to do that , I need them to let me make my own decision on their character - in the case of Cruz - He's a douchbag of the highest order).

BUT as much as I cant stand the guy , I am diametrically opposed to Beto on policy. I really wish I had a 3rd option so I could vote for someone rather than for the lesser of two evils.

Seems like that's been the case more often than not in recent elections , I find myself voting against someone rather than for their opponent.

Bottom line , they all suck for someone like me - the social liberal / fiscal conservative (more libertarian than anything) independent voter.