1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bruh....you just won this thread and possible post of the month

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Would rather hold a team under 100 points, don't give a damn if we crack the 100 points or not because if you have someone like Harden and cp3 they'll always close out the game for you

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LOL dafaq did I just read....!!!!!
    Bruh you know MDA is a really good coach and has developed what is now known to be the new system of the NBA, the guy is one of the pioneers in the sport and his offensive schemes is now being implemented by most of the teams in the NBA, actually having someone like MDA complements Morey's vision.

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Litterally... after reading the thread title. Hah!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah sure but do you take the inventor who's had relative success with it or do you take the next guy who wins championships by implementing a modified version?

Some had more success with it, all I am saying.

Pioneer sounds great, I give you that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

this would be good news if defense was our problem.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

you're welcome? that was the reverse jinx i put on the game!

yes yes, SOMEONE has to miss the sarcasm around here....

pli777 and sammy like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean sure, I'd trade D'Antoni for Steve Kerr plus Durant, Curry, Klay, etc.

D'Antoni has had a ton of success with his system. Unfortunately for him he's just never had the best team. If he were the coach of the Warriors they'd be just as good as they are under Kerr.

HP3 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a Laissez-faire coach, a more competent players coach but he isn’t somebody who holds players accountable.

He is just too nice.

Give him two lesser PGs and his system is easily crushed.

He is just lucky to have 3 of the best PGs of alltime.

#329 daywalker02, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. kevtse

kevtse Member

Sorry Coach Lucas, back to the second row and cheer harder.

#330 kevtse, Nov 6, 2018
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

David Stern screwed him and his Suns. They would have won it all.

12. justtxyank

And Phil Jackson was lucky to have a string of top 20 players of all time...
    Steve Kerr has a 2 top 15 players of all time AT THE SAME TIME
    Greg Poppovich had two+ decades of a top 15 all time player combined with other hall of famers

D'Antoni has basically built his system around having ONE great player and a bunch of players to feed off of. His first time with two of the leagues best players and he dominated the league and went to the WCF and was a hamstring away from beating the best team of all time.

Both times he's had less than good results were situations where the team didn't want to play his system.

I'm honestly pretty shocked there is still pushback against D'Antoni, especially here.

You say hsi system falls apart without a great point guard and I laugh. Tell me a "great" coach who has produced great results without a great player. D'Antoni did have a great run in New York when Melo got hurt and he had Lin running his system. With the Suns he had Steve Nash, who as much as I love is not a top 10 player in league history.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Defense looked pretty great last game though, sorry bro gonna have to give him credit :p

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I do thank the Good Lord that McHale is not our coach. Now, the problems I've had with D'Antoni in the past are the short-rotation thing and the slave to the 3-pointer thing (Gerald Green keeps flinging from long distance with all the success of a carnival ring-toss). Thankfully, we have guys who'll simply take those occasional midrange shots (CP3 and Melo). And Hartenstein and Gary Clark have been pleasant surprises for their play, and HUGE surprises that they play at all, given D'Antoni's propensity to shuttle such youngsters down to RGV.

But overall I'm glad to have him.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Adam Silver screwed him and his Rockets. They would have won it all.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Except that one great player has to be point, so his options are limited. I think he isn’t that good with bigs if he cannot get his great point to run the p n r well enough.

No offense but throwing Phil Jax name out there is not helping as he has won a ton.

The Bulls did not have a great point guard, the Lakers did not have one either.

We will see what happens to MDA as this is probably his last big chance at a title, multiple titles are more questionable as there is no young superstar.

18. justtxyank

I don't get your point. Phil won a ton but he had MUCH better players than D'Antoni ever had. D'Antoni has basically been extremely successful everywhere he's gone where the team didn't refuse to play his way.

ryano2009 and Mathloom like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't have to be a "point". It just has to be a capable ball handler that has to not only create for themselves but others as well. JH wasn't a true pg and still isn't one if you're going by traditional ways. he became a "pg" bc this is what best fit mda's system. cp3 in a mda system is just a natural fit. mda's system has been way ahead of time in terms of offensive output. This has been a guards league for years now and its going to continue to be that way for the foreseeable future.

youre pointing out the bulls/lakers didn't have one and well if you haven't noticed this era has to have a backcourt that are both threats in multiple ways to be able to succeed and have a true chance to a championship. The ron harper/derek fisher types aren't starting caliber pg's in this era.

ryano2009 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You were eager to talk about him. For me he isn't a great or less flawed coach, he needs more help from his assistants.

You dun have to agree with me on this one, you know. I am not really interested in him.

He is not even in the same league. Please stop just there.

I gladly ate crow when he and Bzdelik achieved last season's record but obviously it wasn't him alone.

I have no problem with eating more.

#340 daywalker02, Nov 6, 2018