1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Jeremy Lin as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah all those coaches keep singing his praises thats why he is like on his 4rth or 5th team now lol.

Lin is a easy dude to like he is humble and respects authority because of his Asian culture (not saying other cultures dont but clearly the power distance of Asians are a lot higher than others who value individuality more). He got along fine with his coaches thats why they say nice things about him and dont embarrass him on tv. But if they really meant every word they said he wouldnt be bouncing on team after team they would keep him since his salary is pretty reasonable.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There has to be another Asian basketball star worthy of following up Yao Ming
    Like a real all star and legit starter

That way people can actually talk about basketball skills not these fans who just are idol worshipping average players

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

D'Antoni left the Knicks, so he had no say in whether or not to keep Lin. Charlotte already had a long-term contract commitment to Kemba Walker before Lin got there, so Lin preferred going somewhere to be a starter rather than take a smaller contract and role staying in Charlotte. Atkinson wanted to give Lin his chance and had him starting with the Nets, but unfortunately his injuries made it impossible to justify keeping him (they certainly did not trade him because he did not have a good Bball IQ).

His other NBA coaches (Mike Woodson, Kevin McHale, Byron Scott) are all either out of coaching or couldn't find a head coaching gig. The Knicks have been an obvious mess for years. The Rockets made the right move given what they had in Harden (All Star). And McHale has even said that Lin was an NBA-starter player that has improved with experience. And Byron Scott is perhaps the worst NBA head coach ever.

I know it's fun for some of you guys to say how bad you think Lin is, but the dude has proven himself over and over to be a quality NBA starting PG (or at a minimum a very good 6th man). Injuries are his biggest problem now, not Bball IQ or whatever else you guys want to come up with. He's not an all-star...never will be. But he's a player that has talent, works hard, and is a great teammate.

4. yoeddy

Lin is American.

Yeah, I wish you guys would talk more about basketball skills here...

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not fun for me I'm just sharing my observations as someone who has watched him extensively when he was a Rocket and now has very minimal interest in him and his career.

You have an excuse for everything, either the head coach sucks or was fired blah blah blah, look all that glitters is gold if Lin was as amazing as you are saying even head coaches who are extremely dumb would keep him around. Rox paid 40M to CP3 so he could play alongside Harden but other teams let him go since they have another starter? That doesn't make any sense Atlanta just drafted their pg of the future how come they signed Lin if another team let him go because they have a main pg?

I'm not denying that Lin as talent, works hard and is a great teammate but it is pretty clear he also had tunnel vision, all you have to do is watch his playoff performances and boneheaded plays as a Rocket to see that. If he had legendary court vision how come he didn't pass the ball and tried to drive it up ending in a TO?

6. yoeddy

I have never claimed Lin to be “amazing”. I’ve repeatedly said that he is an underdog who has overcome the odds to make it in the NBA. Even in the post you responded to, I said he is a “quality starting NBA PG or at a minimum a very good 6th man”. Do you consider that to be “amazing”? If so, we have very different standards...just like tinman comparing Lin to Kawhi Leonard...it makes not sense to me, but it appears that that is what you think he needs to be in order to be considered a quality player.

I watched almost every game Lin has played in the NBA. I agree that sometimes he makes bad decisions, and sometimes his skills are obviously limited. But he has also made some amazing plays (yes, I said amazing) and has played some amazing games...triple-double coming off the bench, 38pts against the Spurs and Lakers, 11 3ptrs in a single game vs the Sixers, and many others...all of which would indicate that he does not have “tunnel vision”.

And once again, who said anything about Lin having “legendary court vision”? Again, there you are putting him up to stratospheric standards. I am not the one claiming his court vision is “legendary” or his skills are “amazing”. There is a lot of space between “legendary court vision” and “tunnel vision”. Lin has good court vision according to D’Antoni...I am inclined to believe him over Byron Scott.

7. yoeddy

Regarding your point about Atlanta...obviously Lin is coming off major surgery and has only played 37 games in the last two years. His career is in question and he obviously is not currently a candidate to get a starting job now. And yes, you pay CP3 that kind of money to be a peer with Harden...and obviously, Lin is not at CP3’s level...did you ever see me claim the Lin was on par with CP3? No, you didn’t. Regarding Charlotte, I am certain that Charlotte would have loved to keep Lin as a backup pg...but Lin wanted to be a started as he entered the prime age of his career, so he let them know that and entered free agency with that as the goal.

And none of my commentary about Lin’s coaches was an excuse...it was completely factual. Can you honestly say that Byron Scott or Mike Woodson were good head coaches or didn’t have another agenda in mind? Were you in the minority of Rocket fans who thought Kevin McHale was an excellent head coach with his “play harder” clapping playbook? C’mon...

#147 yoeddy, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  8. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Sooooo D wight howard?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Airemy was a scrub even before his injuries.

Nets had better record when he missed the entire season compared to the season he played for them.

Airemy got them the worst record in the league and they didnt even have a pick lol...

Another L to Airemy LLLLLLLin.

#149 Zboy, Nov 3, 2018
  10. yoeddy

Yes, because nothing else changed on the Nets other than Jeremy being out with injury. They didn’t add players like Carroll, Crabbe, and Allen. Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie and Harris didn’t improve at all. The Nets’ coaching staff doesn’t have a reputation for developing players at all. The Nets got better simply because Lin was out of the lineup. Do you actually seriously believe that?

11. yoeddy

"Tunnel Vision":

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The biggest change by far on the Nets was Lin playing for them and earning them the worst record in the league and not playing for an entire season and improving.

That pretty much says it all.

It would have worked out well for the Nets except both the Nets and Airemy forgot that they dont even have picks. Dumb team, dumb player.

Even a scrub team like Nets figured out how much of a scrub Airemy was., which is why one day after he told the media Nets have not informed him that they are going to trade him, they traded his scrub ass lol...

Like I have always said, he is, and always has been a certified scrub.

Just not a good basketball player. That is all.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not this again..

o_O

Zboy likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yoeddy, the single LOF, still trying to convince us that AIremy the scrub is/was awesome sauce.

lulz...

Imagine being so insecure about your own race that you have to go back to ex-team site of a player, who is iof the same race as you are, to try to religiously defend him...especially after he has been proven as a scrub. Rejected by team after team and now just being used a s a salary dump. No one has been trading for this scrub unless it is for a pick or to dump salary. We literally had to give up our picks to get rid of this bum.

LOF Insecurity of the highest level.

Like I said, next time pick better role models, even if you are doing it for the sake of your race. lulz...

#154 Zboy, Nov 4, 2018
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"Tunnel Vision"

"....and he didnt have to shoot there.."

"..he has got to pull that out.."

"..he has got to understand the game..."

"...clock is your friend here..."

"...you just have to have a better understanding of whats going on..."

His own team announcers openly calling him out on his tunnel vision and low Bball IQ lol....

PS. This video has not been altered or doctored to purposely make Airemy look bad. Fake announcers were not planted. Neither were any voice overs done. Clutch can attest to its authenticity.

16. macan

macan Member

the legend jerry lin never die

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who else is sick of re-living this ****?

18. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I don't get how this scrub is still in the league but Bobby Brown isn't?

19. yoeddy

I was gone from this board for a while, but I somehow get tagged a lot in other people's posts, so I figured you guys like me to hang around.

20. yoeddy

Yup, he made a mistake. he's made many mistakes. Have I ever said he didn't? But he's made far more good plays than bad plays and has proven that he is a quality PG in the NBA. D'Antoni thinks he's got good Bball IQ and court vision, and I'll take his opinion way before I would take the opinion of a TV announcer.