1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm confused... are we liking Melo now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 2, 2018.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

9-12 FG, 6-9 3-pt, 28 points off the bench. He did miss 2 free throws and it was against the Nets

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no stupid midrange jabstep.... just post him up time and again .. give him ball in the paint

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

the haters will keep on hating....

realistically, its only 1 game - against the Nets... but good for him! :)

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw. Proximity to Gotham City giving Melo power of the night.. Question is can he keep it up when he is away from NY?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

No. Melo is still a cancer err I mean chicken smothered in barbecue sauce. :)

6. rockets13champs

Shut up. He’s a rocket I like the whole team except MCW

alethios, adw, Omihall23 and 12 others like this.
  7. StrawberryJamm

You're call, I'm just gonna flip from demanding he be cut to demanding he start every game.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm still not a fan of Melo, probably never will, but i also don't hate him so, i'm just going to judge what i see and hope he ends up being smarter than Dwight.

I just want him to do what's best for the team so, bust his ass on D, even if he's obviously not able to be a difference maker on that end, it's important for him to try and sacrifice for the team. And just catch & shoot/post up scrubs on offense instead of creating horrible shots like he's playing with his friends on the streets. That's all he needs to do and i'll be fine with him.

9. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

3rd best player on the team.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dude had one bad game so far and people are quick to call him the next Ty Lawson. ****ing stupid. All off season it was about taking time for Melo to gel and people are out here demanding he be cut a few games into the season and calling him a locker room cancer.

11. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Yes until he plays bad tomorrow on a back to back then we will need to cut him again

Lawlruschang, apollo33 and jayfree like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

I want to rename the title of this thread to "Nine reasons why we like Melo again... you won't BELIEVE #5!"

alethios, Deji McGever and RyanB like this.
  14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We didn't really need Melo. Unless, that is, CP or Harden had to sit out. Having a $2.5M guy who can step in and give you 28 on 12 shots ... That, my friends, is a luxury.

Also in the postgame clips his defensive effort and footwork looked much better. Playing with urgency. I can get used to this. Can he?

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Half the Rockets fans live to complain. I like all the Rockets. F the haters.

16. pli777

pli777 Member

It's more pleasing to see the collective DESIRE to want to play hard on both ends. Melo will continue to be up and down.

Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He isn’t any better or worse than he was yesterday.

He has his flaws but he is one of only 4 players on the roster realistically capable of dropping 25 points on any given night.

IvanLCPM, cbs1507, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Yep, I'll keep hating

19. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Let's just hope this becomes a regular occurrence and not just because he was in New York.

hakeem94 and Little Bit like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is not very smart and disciplined...he could still be a great offensive weapon if he choose to play mainly in the post instead of midrange plus jab step...he is also lethal when driving to the rim but rarely does it...