1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets] Brandon Knight Injury Update Status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets knew exactly what they were getting when they made the trade and nothing has changed. They never though Chriss or Knight would contribute to the team. The Rockets made the deal to break one large contract into two contracts and to get Chriss option to save money on the tax. The hope is Chriss can be moved for a productive player from a team wanting cap space or they can let him just become a free agent. To get that kind of flexibility they lost Melton.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would love to believe Knight could be a contributor. But seems iffy. I have already moved on from Chriss from what I saw. And I was already dubious from the start.

To get an idea of what the Rockets think of Knight & Chriss, remember that Morey NEVER posted a tweet welcoming them in like he does with every transaction. This clearly aligns with what @Nook is saying in terms of them being movable parts.

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

There were several things involved.

One of which was that MDA did not want Anderson back on the Rockets after last season. It isn't that Anderson is a terrible person, but it was clear to all involved that it just wasn't working. MDA wanted his players to all be on the same page and really didn't want a distraction going into the regular season. That mean't that Anderson went from being neutral (we can just not play him much and move him at our leisure) to a negative (just his presence upset the coaching staff). So Morey took the deal that got Anderson off of the Rockets for good.

Also Anderson wanted out as well, he agreed to less money to leave the Rockets. Chriss is the valuable piece the Rockets received because he is an expiring contract for a mid level amount. The Rockets hope to move that for a tangible piece to help them, be that as part of a trade for a starter type player or even for a back up wing or point guard.

Knight has shown the ability to shoot the ball in the past, but that was years and injuries ago. The Rockets never thought they were getting the pre-Phoenix version of Knight. If he gets healthy, he will get some run in practice with MDA and if he is an improvement over what we have, I am sure he will get a shot. However that isn't the realistic possibility.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looking forward to seeing what they can do here. And Oct 31st opens up more options.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Apparently the fate of the season rest on BKs shoulders...err knee
    From the update it’s not looking good.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I don't think it's a bad sign. There hasn't been any setbacks, and the Rox approved the trade despite the injury so I'm sure they expected this absence. I just don't think they expected CP3 to get suspended and miss games so early in the season. If he's back soon, he still has a great window to be healthy and fresh(er) for playoff time.

7. riko

riko Member

? Will this guy ever get healthy?

High Vibrationz likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine pinning your season's hopes on Brandon Knight.

9. riko

riko Member

Thanks to Gordon sucking badly we need his scoring off the benchright now.

ryano2009, amaru, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea Gordon is off even during warm ups. During the clippers game he was shooting before the second half started and was missing every shot. He is off

amaru, sammy and Lawlruschang like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still, no set timetable.

DonKnock, D-rock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Still better than Ryan Anderson

amaru likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Gordon's flick shot is like the most inconsistent thing of life.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Snow Villiers and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Knight might not be worth his contract but he's not trash. I'm eager to see what he looks like when he comes back. Can't be worse then MCW

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Eric Gordon is doing a great job of not getting traded to Minnesota.

cheke64, malakas, amaru and 4 others like this.
  17. Rocket_Man_2.0

We should've kept Ryan Anderson....this guy will never play for us!!!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I suspected. Morey and MDA wouldn't be that naive as to expect that Knight would be back to the kind of player pre his injuries.

Nook likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lucky for hou it won't take much to be an improvement over mcw. he's got that going for him

20. Nook

Nook Member

Hopefully Knight never suits up for the Rockets and is dealt for a player that can substantively help the Rockets..... be that Butler or someone else.

As for MCW, he doesn't need to be in the rotation. I understand his size and defensive versatility but he doesn't need consistent minutes.