1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update: Minny Turns down Houston’s offer for 4. First rounders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 28, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Hoping Minny gets nothing for butler and ends up missing playoffs and he walking.

Hui, D-rock, shvedsucks and 1 other person like this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup Knight and Nene have negative trade value and Chriss is a filler. Swap Gordon for Knight and that trade probably gets done today rather than waiting until 10-15 games in like their owner said he wants to do now.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Thibs to the Rockets confirmed!

hakeem94 and sirjesse like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, what does even mean that "there was extension talks but nothing serious"? If there were talks they were obviously serious, at least from the Rockets side. You don't approach a player for an extension just to lose some time lol.

The fact that Gordon also said: "I would much rather be here as long as I can. Everything will work out. I'll be here another two years. We'll see what happens. I'll see how the next two years go, but I would definitely like to be here the rest of my career."...makes me think he's not exactly thrilled to resign as today, especially if you consider it comes from a potential starter that is coming off the bench and has the injury history he has, seems at least strange he turned down an extension if he loves to be here.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Gordon wouldn't even be available to be traded right now had he been offered an extension and signed it.

6. Nook

Nook Member

There is nothing to move on to or the Rockets already would have. It is annoying as a fan waiting for something to happen but for the Rockets organization it is part of the business.

FWIW I believe Minnesota leaked it. The Rockets front office doesn’t leak to Woj and they don’t want their players names included in public trade discussions. The Wolves leaked it.

Also I agree with Wolfson that the leaked offer doesn’t address what the Wolves hope to accomplish, which is to be competitive now. The reality is the Rockets would love to be out from Knight’s contract, keep their rotation in place AND add a top 15 player. The last two draft picks (of the 4) are wildcards and could be good but Thibs will be gone by then and most likely Taylor will be dead.

So there are no guarantees that the Wolves suddenly agree to Chris, Nene, Gordon and 2-3 draft picks. It is a competitive offer but doesn’t guarantee Butler.

D-rock, AroundTheWorld and DonKnock like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

From thibodeaux’s perspective that sucks. But from the twolves perspective its amazing. Thats so many 1st round picks. Its almost malpractice for thinodeaux to turn us down.

Im honestly happy thibodeaux is saving the rockets from themselves. We might suck for a really long time and be the new nets.

Im going to be a rockets fan for the rest of my life so i wanna stay competitive. Im the type of fan thatd rather be competitive every year rather than win the chip 1 year and be dog crap for the next 5-10 years after.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's good. There is no way Jimmy and KAT are going to co exist in Minny. We stay in their radar once they get desperate enough to offload him and we can lower our offer if they come crawling back.

Mazulis, hakeem94 and Little Bit like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, but that's another story ;)

10. txn

txn Member

Lol, it turns out this Minni trade is WIN-WIN for Rockets. Either we get a great 2 way player or we have a chance to get our-self a real defensive coordinator. I like that :D

hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Makes a lot of sense that the Rockets didn't leak this. Like @Nook said, rockets never leak stuff to Woj. I remember a few years ago, Woj was having a hard time knowing who the Rockets were picking in the draft. When Dwight signed here, it was Sam Amick that broke the story, not Woj. So historically, Rockets don't leak **** to Woj.

Vivi, Hui, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Reported. Its time that the bbs is done for you once and for all @FTW Rockets FTW

Only @J.R. wants to see you stick around because you financed yalls hooker and coke night after the astros won the fall classic.

Truth will out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

It would be funny if butler follows the isaiash thomas as a celtics player route.
    Screwing himself and the min pups as a whole.

Karma man its a biatch !!!

15. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Obviously Glenn Taylor’s Wolf-son.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is over by any means. DM had to throw out this phenomenal amount of 1sts hoping to mesmerize Layton and Taylor into jumping on the deal, but then they see Knight as another drag on their salary cap and Chriss as a bust, so they say no. DM can counter with Gordon, Nene, and 19/21 1sts. That's a much more positive outcome for them and should be close to getting the deal done.

Rudyc281, mikol13 and ROXTXIA like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, an offer was leaked, mollifies Gordon until D-Day, deal gets modified with EGO in it.

We do still need to deal with our height problem on the team. Just too darned short.

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not so sure this offer is all that bad for Minnesota. You never know when you can have a bad year.

Look at how we’re playing so far. The chances that our pick went from 26th-30th to 20th-25th increased dramatically.

One Harden injury can put us in the lottery one year.

On top of all that Minny have all their picks too. You can trade up, trade down, trade them as assets. They would be in a great position moving forward with a competent GM....sigh.

Either way, I can understand why they would insist on EG, and totally understand why Morey would not do that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You wanna talk about irony. Minnesota are turning down 4 1st round picks because they don’t think our picks will be that great and they want a Josh Richardson type now.....Josh Richardson was drafted in the 2nd round.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

What makes you believe the Rockets would not include Gordon in a deal for Butler?

D-rock likes this.