1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. jcf

jcf Member

Whatever one thinks of the investigation, it would be self-destructive for Mueller to come out with it now, whether clearing or damning, because he would forever be accused of wrongfully influencing the elections.

Sometimes, individuals actually respect the process (and as it appears here, protect themselves from a lifetime of attack) by doing the right thing.

My two cents: it is smart to wait until after the mid-terms whatever the investiagtion shows. And Mueller is smart.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

I was separating you from the herd but mentioned both since I assumed you were lock step on Trump and Russian collusion. I actually hold your opinion in high regard for the most part. I do get frustrated with you as I see you having the ability to be a voice of reason when your side runs off the rails. Perfect example is the political smear job on Kavanaugh. I don't make any friends on my side with my stance in assault rifles but that's the price I pay to stand on my own principles.

Thanks for responding,

cml750 likes this.
  3. Granville

Granville Member

So your response is no.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll stop suspecting collusion. I'm not going to lay off of Trump though. He's still a terrible president. As for the herd, no doubt there will be some anti-Trumpers who will turn on Mueller if he doesn't deliver what they want to see. Conservative partisans will then seize on a couple of quotes from recalcitrants and say "Aha! I told you they never wanted the truth, they just wanted to get Trump!"

B-Bob, ryan_98 and juicystream like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No... the answer is yes I would trust that Mueller’s report is accurate. However it doesn’t change anything about the facts that should have already been damning to his presidency but given the curve he is graded by... and given a pass by with his cult followers. Just because he can shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you not care, doesn’t mean I have to just get over the fact that his campaign at least tried to collude which should universally be condemned, but people like you just don’t care because you think you are getting something from Trump for your loyalty.

Mueller can provide more facts and context hopefully. That’s all anyone should want. The more we know the better. Not sure why you’d think I would do what your tribe did with Benghazi. Benghazi was done and overwith but kept alive for partisan political gain. Election meddling continues to be a threat and the outcome of Mueller’s report shouldn’t go to Congress to then do two years worth of Benghazi hearings, but should then be turned into election security laws to protect our democracy moving forward.

Democrats should turn their Congressional investigative power towards money in politics. That includes Trump at the top who should be forced to prove to the American people that he is not compromised to foreign powers and not enriching himself on our dime.

If you just want to live in your alternate reality then go for it. Just don’t expect people like me to agree to live in a fact free world as well.

da_juice, JeffB and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

Sounds like a no... since both sides overlook stuff within their own party. Acting like the enlightened one instead of as a part of the problem isn't all that noble.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mueller is killing it, he has so many indictments and is the one clearly draining the swamp.

And He has the entire Trump family ready to be charged....

Can't wait.

DD

10. Granville

Granville Member

Don't go pissing your pants just yet....

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, there will soon be some really disappointed people around who are hanging their hat on Mueller delivering the goods.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Democrats most of all hope that Trump wasn't compromised or working with the Russians. That would be the best outcome.

Do you know what will be in Mueller's report? How do you know people will be disappointed?

No Worries likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You know this because???

I do not know what Mueller is goin to do. Mueller appears to be finding crimes/criminals where he looks. Anyone in Mueller's sights should be wary.

14. dobro1229

Again... Donald Trump has been named in court as an un-indicted co-conspirator to two crimes related to election fraud, and there has been an email released public BY DON JR. that shows clear intent to collude.

Anyone sitting around waiting for something in the report they don't already know to prove something is fooling themselves. The past year has produced enough evidence to destroy any presidency. The only reason it hasn't is because his cult fanatics think they are getting something from this president they wouldn't otherwise get from any other Republican hack.

Even if Mueller produced video evidence of Trump talking directly to Putin in a secret room going over the "collusion plan" and Putin handing a check to Trump in the end of the meeting.... you still wouldn't care. In fact, you'd love & adore him that much more.

The Mueller findings tell us more about YOU, and the other cult followers more than it tells us about Trump... who everyone objectively should know is a complete fraud, a con-man, and someone who is not working in the best interest of the USA, but instead looking out for his own survival as the most notorious celebrity in the world in his own little sad narcissistic world.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

Did you actually read what you typed before you hit reply? Your echo chamber has you twisted in knots.

16. dobro1229

Yes I did.

What about what I said is not true-

A, That Trump is an un-indicted co-conspirator to two crimes of election fraud?
    B. That Don Jr. did or did not release an email thread that shows clear intent to collude with the Russians?
    C. That Trump fanatics like yourself will or won't care regardless of what evidence is in the public domain, or will be presented in the final Mueller report?

What does any of those three topics have to do with my "Echo Chamber"?? Your response makes no sense, and doesn't address the primary questions asked. Seems like you are afraid to answer so your only response is to somehow attack me instead of answering the GDamn questions & speaking to facts & truth.

DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I can say for certain that both A&B are true. C is likely true as I've seen no evidence to contradict it.

Just my outsiders perspective and the known facts as they stand right now.

dobro1229 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

C. is easier to comprehend when you realize that someone like CML750 literally doesn't know or believe that A & B are true because there is a subset of our population that has been given a pass to believe whatever reality they want to live in & attack those who do not choose to live in the same alternate reality.

Pretty amazing world we live in.

DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That is sad. A&B are proven to be true with all the evidence available for public consumption.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh the Cheeto in charge will Pardon, but it will show where he stands.

Trump will face fraud charges once he is no longer Pres as well, in NY.

DD