1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. theimpossibles1

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I feel like I need meds for mood swings once basketball season starts.

Lawlruschang, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I applaud the optimism... but I'm concerned based on how we followed our last WCF season...

I guess we'll see if MDA makes it past 11 games... lol

4. theimpossibles1

People are acting like the season is toast. It takes time to develop a team with so many new players. We lost to a really good N.O. and a really good Jazz team. The latter, and our other loss were without our most stabilizing player in CP3.

Melo looked better tonight. CP3 gets back for our revenge game against the Clippers on Friday. Let's have some faith.

#4 theimpossibles1, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everyone on Twitter tripped when I said that this group feels like that 41-41 team. Now do y’all see it? No defense, we are playing stupid basketball, suspect subs, short ass rotation, no chemistry, etc. You can’t tell me that 1 guy (CP3) is the missing piece bc we missed him for 17+ games and won.

payaso and High Vibrationz like this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Post deleted

#6 theimpossibles1, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've watched far too many seasons turn to crap to have faith any longer - but I always have hope, ;)

hakeem94 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  8. High Vibrationz

I feel like we need to make a big trade ,

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No matter how you feel about them, the record ain't going to be corrected by itself.

Stop digging yourself a hole!

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden was also injured

i like it that boys are taking it easy... its a marathon not a sprint... just stay healthy for the playoffs

SamFisher and fattz like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

So true. Coach should open the rotation and play some of the youth. Develop and stay healthy for the spring.

theimpossibles1 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

op AWESOME WORK
    You need to start more threads!
    You are nearing my top 20 posters status

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  14. theimpossibles1

Thanks @hakeem94 , the number of doom and gloom threads after a 1-3 start really shows the power of expectations.

In reality we lost game 1 due to a combination of facing a locked-in team and having several new pieces to gel.

Game 2 we took care of business, but lost our mental leader for two games.

Game 3 was a tough loss, but before it started it had a cloud over it due to CP3's absence.

Same for game 4, but we were facing a really solid team that was extremely hungry for revenge after getting beaten up by us in the playoffs.

Here's the good news. It is an 82 game season. I repeat, eighty two. We have not even played 5% of the season.

For inspiration, look at the Texans. They were viewed as a playoff team and possible dark-horse super bowl pick. After an 0-3 start the view changed to unmitigated disaster, no chance, etc. etc.
    Well, here they are now at 4-3 alone atop the division. They rattle off a couple more wins and all that pre-season hype comes right back.

Here's the difference between basketball and football season though -- 66 games. Sometimes a little early adversity is something that can be looked back on to fuel an entire season. The Rockets lost those 2 early games to the lowly Grizzlies last year and after that they flipped a switch.

If I was a betting man (and if Harden is healthy), I would bet we take care of the Clippers in rude fashion on Friday, and who knows, the season just may not be lost yet. ;)

fattz, FLASH21, Y2JT and 1 other person like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

16. theimpossibles1

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The whole “we lost without CP3” and “it’s just regular season, saving it for playoffs” arguments are BS.

First of all we have to win without CP3, or we run him into the ground in the regular season and we all know what’ll happen in the playoffs.

The Rockets are not the Warriors. We can’t turn the switch on whatever, let alone go through multiple playoff series on the road. Nor should we be hoping our role players figure it out by the end of season. They gotta get it together early.

Our season is not over but the whole cool calm outlook is asking for a disaster.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

calm down

ps we dont have to win all games without cp3 its only natural that we lose to strong opponents when he is not playing

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

What in the f**k is this ***** wearing!

upload_2018-10-25_15-31-40.png

He looks like Morty freakin Seinfeld.

[​IMG]

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its gold Jerry, gold!