1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea but I preface that by saying "and if we lose" most of the things that have been reported about Jimmy shows that he most likely would not resign with us, that is just the truth.

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

3. malakas

malakas Member

It's sad to me to see such yellow journo trash as Kennedy start getting more famous and start posing as "credible" analysts.

Deuce, D-rock, Swiss Roll and 4 others like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Going from 6th to 25th is unacceptable. That kind of drop has nothing to do with personnel. I'd expect a slight drop but top 10 should be achievable.

I'm open to other moves but Butler right now is the best available player. Lots of people hated trading Beverley but obviously that worked out well. As I said many times I'm in "wait and see" right now with respect to the proposed Butler trade.

D-rock likes this.
  5. basketballholic

In our system, James Johnson can do that.

6. basketballholic

That's your foolish idea because you think Capela is necessary for us to win.

7. basketballholic

Tyson is a mediocre replacement for a mediocre center who would be on a minimum salary instead of a $15 million salary. No he won't be on the floor to help us beat the Warriors. But he could possibly eat some regular season and playoffplayoffs minutes against inferior teams. I only suggested him to give you guys that think somehow Capela's non-essential 25 minutes a game isn't replaceable. We could name others....including Qi if Qi gets healthy.

Capela is easily replaceable with a minimum salary minute eating seven footer.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We have no other Center on the roster that’s healthy and replacement level:confused:

Reeko likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Was Capela not really useful against the Wolves and Jazz in the playoffs? Yeah, blah blah blah GS, but u gotta beat these other teams 1st

Capela has started off this year looking pretty sluggish tho. People like to joke about Harden, but Capela is the one looking like he’s hungover and been at the club. He’s gotten blocked so many times, and he’s being real soft at the rim. It seems like guys don’t fear his rim protection at all and have no problem getting off shots in the paint over him. I remember CF complaining about him early last season too tho, and he came around to finish 2nd in MIP.

10. basketballholic

There plenty of available big men that we can add to the roster.

You simply don't get it. And you're going you're right. But you're not. Capela is not some stud star player. This is 2018. We're not in the Shaq era anymore.

Capela is just another mediocre seven footer with a long contract. He went be on the floor when we're trying to beat the Warriors. Everybody knows that. You do too. Capela is simply a minute eater because there aren't enough small ball 5's around.......yet. But they're coming. Bam. JJJ. Others. And they will continue to marginalize players like Capela unless he either learns to shoot a great 3-ball or he flips a switch that ain't there and becomes a Draymond/AD/Gobert level defender.

He COULD conceivably become a solid 3-point shooter. But he's in his fifth season now and we ain't seen hide nor hair of a 3-ball from him yet, save a few seconds video clip of him hoisting up the corner 3 in a shoot around or something.

It's also obvious he didn't improve this summer. Apparently he spent all summer fiddle farting around about his contract and then after he signed the deal he went joy riding around enjoying his cash. He didn't work on his game though. That much is obvious.

Once again this is 2018. There is plenty of Javale's, Zaza's, Tyson's out there that can run up and down, grab a few boards, throw down a few dunks, and play mediocre defense. Capela, with his current skill set, isn't a special commodity. He's another overpaid big that can't play in winning time against the cream of the NBA.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh look another derailed thread with the exact same blah blah blah blah with everyone knows who.

year after year its the same claims. he has to do this he has to do that. rockets wont do this rockets wont do that. year after year its proven wrong

#7211 YOLO, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Invisible Fan, Swiss Roll and topfive like this.
  12. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

"Scares" you to "death"? Really? Some of you REALLY need to step away from the computer to get a little perspective. THIS IS A GAME, PEOPLE! I'm all about a lively fandom. But no one should be scared to death over anything that happens with the Rockets this season, or any season.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's called an "expression." You know (OK, apparently, you don't), like when someone who got sick from eating at Taco Bell might say, "I'd die before I'd eat at that damn place again!" Calm down, or grab some more education, with all due respect.

mikol13, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  14. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I think this is all wrong and reactionary. Capela is a very good big and will get better over time. That's why his contract was extended.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Tyson Chandler is 35 and getting burned on switches on this defensive scheme.

JaVale McGee hasn't averaged over 12 minutes per game for 5 years now because he has asthma.

Zaza is almost 35 and hasn't averaged over 9 points per game since 2006.

[​IMG]
    Code:

Rk           Player  Season Age  G GS   MP  FG FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
    1      Clint Capela 2017-18  23 74 74 27.5 6.0 9.1 .652 0.0 0.0 .000 6.0 9.1 .653 .652 1.9 3.5 .560 3.3 7.6 10.8 0.9 0.8 1.9 1.4 2.5 13.9
    2    Tyson Chandler 2017-18  35 46 46 25.0 2.6 4.1 .647 0.0      0.0 2.6 4.1 .647 .647 1.3 2.0 .624 2.9 6.2  9.1 1.2 0.3 0.6 1.3 2.3  6.5
    3      JaVale McGee 2017-18  30 65 17  9.5 2.1 3.4 .621 0.0 0.1 .000 2.1 3.3 .638 .621 0.6 0.8 .731 0.9 1.7  2.6 0.5 0.3 0.9 0.4 1.4  4.8
    4     Zaza Pachulia 2017-18  33 69 57 14.1 2.2 3.8 .564 0.0 0.0 .000 2.2 3.8 .567 .564 1.1 1.3 .806 1.3 3.4  4.7 1.6 0.6 0.2 1.0 1.8  5.4

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 10/23/2018.

How are these viable options? How are these viable options MIDSEASON?
    You don't know what you're talking about.

#7215 DonKnock, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  16. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Well, I am trying to reasonably evaluate the comments on this Board. Problem is, there is so much "chicken little" and "freaking out" going on over three games, its hard to assess and differentiate comments that are reasonable, unreasonable, satirical, sarcastic, etc. But fortunately, I am having no problem discerning those comments that are just plain rude. Telling someone to get more education because they post something critical is certainly rude.

Thanks for the help.

17. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

I hear that the Timberwolves are trying to move Dieng in any deal with Buler(Salary dump according to websites.)

The trade works if you give The Timberwolves Knight for Dieng straight up.

Then Trade PJ Tucker and EG for Butler.

This will give us the backup center that we need but will leave us thin behind Melo.

It appears Derrick Williams is still available. And looking at his stats he appears to be a better 3 shooter the more he shoots(33% when shooting over 2 a game his 2nd year, and close to 40% when shooting over 2 a game with the Cavs 2 Years ago.)

Would this help with the loss of PJ enough to justify the Bulter move?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are welcome. I hope you take it to heart.

Zoplicone likes this.
  19. mockster

mockster Member

Oddly enough this trade is being drawn out. Getting close to 30th when Knight and Chriss can be traded with others. Suspect....

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Since Capela was drafted, he has started every season slow because he is getting used to adding muscle, and then people talk ****, and then he humiliates doubters again. 4 years in a row now, and those cockroaches still come out at the beginning of every season.

Richie_Rich, Rashmon, HP3 and 3 others like this.