1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

O

Oh, I disagree

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't really care whether you're sorry or not. Like you, I comment on what I read and your posts are like a broken record at this point. No more, no less. Also, idk who the rest of your post was directed to, given that I said nothing about your CP3/Melo predictions -- that was someone else, but cook though.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Really, strange.

I don't see even a 1% chance the Lakers this season beating Houston or the Warriors.

Kind of silly to think the Lakers are championship contenders actually when they're going to be outscored dramatically nearly every single game from downtown.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You are right about me not looking too deep into the holic thing. I did say I understand it’s not the same and “trade will go down in December” was brought up in both and that is what I found funny. But sure, I didn’t point out the whole nickname thing because I did not look too deep into the matter.

I’m glad you think I’m cute but I can’t say I feel the same about you. I don’t quote cyberx as I see fitting; I simply said thank you because I feel like anyone who believes Lakers were going for Butler doesn’t understand how trades work; He said they’re not going for him, which correlated with what I was saying so I said thank you. He’s not the only guy who’s comment I liked or thanked. There is no hypocrisy there. I don’t believe any of the sources here and that’s my choice.
    You’re trying just as hard as me but you’re simply wrong and I’m right.
    It’s quite simple.
    Codman said Lakers are offering a vet, a young player and a pick. I’m saying he’s wrong. If you believe he’s right then you are also wrong. If you don’t believe the Lakers are offering a vet, a young player and a pick, then my god why did you argue so much?

And don’t add stipulations or extend the argument. Codman never said the offer was in the past but rather it could be a 3 team trade. Answer the following.

Do you believe Lakers are offering a vet, a young player and a pick for Jimmy Butler?

5. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Ban Zoplicone

Little Bit likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If people with the power to do so feel that’s called for so be it. In the meantime please support the website and make a donation.

Corrosion and Game7 like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yeah he/she needs to go ASAP

8. Rocketsfan3422

Just want some of you to know, I just speed scroll through 90% of all posts in this thread sifting for actual relevant things to read. Sadly, 9% of what I actually read is still irrelevant.

xaos likes this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

It doesn't matter who the Rockets have eyes on. Because the Rockets always have eyes on everyone.

What's important is who has their eyes on the Rockets. THAT would be useful information.

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Says the guy who’s still a member himself. Am I missing something?

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really wonder if us talking Minnesota into waiting for Knight and Chriss to be available for a trade around the 31st had something to do with the Miami deal falling through.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Popped in to take my mind off the Astros, think I prefer that thread

eric.81, DonKnock and H-TOWNSFINEST like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Codman never said "trade will go down in December," much less, "last week." Apparently, you are only questioning why another poster would bring up December. Well, he did that -- like a meme --- because holic did, then immediately followed by saying the delivery of it is a bad trait to have.

You're too stuck on being right (your words), that you make common mistakes of reason, and misinterpretation. But I'm sure you are young enough to learn how that doesn't go over well in adult circles, and will get better. But, don't fret, it's still an adorable trait, nonetheless.

I've already answered this: I don't speculate. That is your argument with Codman, not me.

#6933 heypartner, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz..nice try.

Sorry, but when someone like you proclaims, "This will be “hating” I guess, but you still probably don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.", then spends the whole day telling us how he's right about what is or isn't going on behind the scenes, you clearly seek attention. You can't then say what attention is warranted and what isn't.

That's not the way this works. But it is a hallmark of Attention Whores to try to define limits of discussion, when things aren't going well.

D-rock and FLASH21 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the Rockets have made it clear to Minnesota and (at the time) NJ that if there is a trade for Butler, the Rockets are interested in making it a larger trade.

Doesn’t mean the Rockets have given up on Butler (yet) but are open minded about being involved in other ways.

D-rock, yixiixiy, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Am I the only one who wants to see @heypartner and @Zoplicone hash out their differences in a steel cage-match?? o_O

Added bonus: @basketballholic would referee the match ...;)

Love both these guys!! The two are sharp as razors!!

Go Rockets!!!

Zoplicone and malakas like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know he didn’t say that. He said they are offering for Jimmy.
    My god in all honesty you are such a coward. It’s a yes or no question. You’re right, it was between me and COD but you more than jumped in so answer the question. You argued how I don’t directly answer your questions, answer mine? Do you believe they have an offer on the table?
    I did spend a lot of time on this, seeing that 90% of my posts have been in response to you, so did you. So don’t coward away and say it’s not your argument.

Knowing what you know about matching salary and who is and isn’t tradable, do you believe the Lakers have an offer for Butler?

You’ve responded to me over 10 times, so don’t use the whole “that’s between you and cod”. I’ve repeatedly tried to explain my main argument is that they don’t. I won’t respond anymore if you just answer with a yes or no. I’ll know enough from you then.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He better be careful or he's going to get "badlee'd". Wait.......(sad face emoji)

19. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Anthony Davis is gone... and it isn’t a coincidence who his agent is.

D-rock, Deuce, DonKnock and 1 other person like this.
  20. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

H
    Hell, I can do that for you. Never say die. Morey is a terminator. Just keeps comming at you.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.