1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

"Just believe her word with no strings attached..."

...said the angry Democrats who subsequently lynched Emmitt Till.

hat tip to C Owens for the powerful words

BruceAndre and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This is confusing...so...she believes Dr. Ford's account....she just doesn't remember any of it happening? Even though she's stated previously that she's never met BK.

[​IMG]

Bobbythegreat and cml750 like this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

I'm not sure the fact that several people do not remember a small get together 30 years ago is much evidence at all.

As for adding "I believe her", I think in these times some people believe (or feat that) they must announce belief for any accuser.

If you get on the twitter accounts of McGowan and Argento re: the Jimmy situation, it is interesting how twisted up the "always believe the accuser" can become.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why does this little bit of dumbassery keep coming up? Afraid to fly does not equate to inability to fly.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hear ya man. So strange how the politics have people completely changing their views on these subjects. We all know the usual posters in this forum would be on opposite sides of their arguments if the candidate was liberal.
    Heck, how many past men have been accuse of rape...RAPE...not over the clothes groping (whatever that means) for a few seconds...but actual rape by women that swears it was the man in the court room only to find out with DNA testing that, nope, not the dude.
    But this lady remembers BK and this Mike Judge fella after 36 years. I think it's a real possiblity that after 36 years, this lady isn't totally sure what happened that night but those 2 guys were known to her at some time in her life around there..and that makes it good enough for her to try to stop this man that she completely disagrees with, politically, from moving up to a position of power and influence decisions of this country in a way her and many other folks are extremely passionate about.

I think everyone wants justice to be done, if it should be. But her coming forward at this moment destroys any 'purity' of justice that she's claiming she's looking for. I guess it's just what politics is now a days?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They are friend. Like how you may believe your friend, she know her enough to believe her is my guess.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#BeWell

foh, DreamShook and arkoe like this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Like Ford did.

Oh wait sorry, let me declare I believe white women. Whew, close one.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

So what is the over/under for the amount of more preposterous accusations that cannot be proved to come out this week prior to the FBI deadline?

mick fry likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]
    I hear they are leaving no stone unturned.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Unbelieveable.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lol what did he lie about?

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’d set it at 2.

So far they are 0-3.

cml750 likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

People with a fear of flying (my mom has this phobia) have to build themselves up for a while just to get on a plane.

15. jcf

jcf Member

Let's at least be fair about judging credibility.

If Kavanaugh's apparent minimalising of his drinking during high school/college matters, then if Ford said she was too frightened to fly to DC to be interviewed would likewise be an overstatement that could go to credibility.

If she turned down the interview process on that basis, it's a little different than saying I'm a little afraid of flying but I have done it all my life and to remote locations when I want to.

It also fits the delay theme that the republicans are pushing.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kavanaugh's "minimalising" (more accurate word is lying but whatever) doesn't just go to his overall credibility, it is material to the question of whether this was possible for him to have done.

Also, Dr. Ford did not lie about her flying under oath. Judge Kavanaugh repeatedly lied about various issues under oath. I know the Senate is eager to confirm him so they won't hold it against him that he has no issue lying to them under oath, but it doesn't change the fact.

17. jcf

jcf Member

The question was "why does this fear of flying bs keep coming up"

Irrespective of whether she lied about it in her televised testimony, if she used it as a fake excuse to get out of going to DC for interview, it goes to her credibility.

I'm not arguing over which is worse (that wasn't the question), but if she said she couldn't fly given a crippling fear of flying -- and she actually could and has on many, many occasions, it should go to her credibility as well.

mick fry likes this.
  18. justtxyank

Did she say she couldn't fly? Or did her lawyers, as part of a negotiation over her interview/testimony, mention it as a delay tactic or negotiation leverage?

jcf likes this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

Great question. I don't know the answer. That's why I keep using "if".

And maybe if that is the case, it mitigates it somewhat, but one could also argue that if she was aware that her lawyers (her agents) were misleading the Senate on her behalf then I think it still goes to her credibility. It is clearly not dispositive but it is an item that should go into the overall mix.

20. justtxyank

I have no idea to be clear, didn’t know anything about the flying thing until the senate hearings