1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This is Melo from last summer all over again. Million posts how this will eventually happen or deciding whether to get add another piece and sources popping up from everywhere. And we won’t get him

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  2. KellyUnchained

haha nope. i heard something but I'm not allowed to discuss it publicly yet. which is why i chose the gif i used.

D-rock, luckyman76, Vivi and 14 others like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha, I guess.
    Thats not the argument, you think Melo can fill in for Tucker? Be my guest. Also yes Melo isnt good enough offensively to offset the defense.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

What graphic? Where? What did I miss?

hakeem94 and ElPigto like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

can you post the gif again? cant find the post you are reffering to

topfive likes this.
  7. lionaire

lionaire Member

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Feel free to discuss it with us in private message and we will leak it for you lol.

18pbr, DonKnock and Dacamel like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Eric Gordon for Tina Fey confirmed.

D-rock, mikol13, Bobsputin and 2 others like this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Probably not strong enough of an offer. Would probably lose Tucker also

DonKnock, topfive and seclusion like this.
  11. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Is the news good or bad for the Rockets? By the way I enjoyed the write up on your observation through the first day of training camp. Great read.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  12. bongman

bongman Member

TY for your kind words. From strawmans to ad hominem. Later.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Keep hope alive??

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Thank you. Have a nice day!

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its good news...obviously

18pbr and DonKnock like this.
  16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

1. The Butler "saga" is NOT all about money. In fact, those close to Jimmy will tell you that the money may be fifth or 7th on his mind. Recall Jimmy's history of homelessness. Check his interviews and how grateful he is for just having a "life". The life he lives now is something that the majority of us will never see, but Jimmy's trade demand is NOT about money. How do I know this?

Salary Context: Jimmy has made some good money. It's not like he's about to receive his first pay day.
    Easy Google Search: Butler, Jimmy CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $92,339,878 BONUS:$4,600,000 AVG. SALARY:$18,467,976

2. This trade is about his desire to be in a winning culture.
    He has followed Thibs out of loyalty, but he will also admit that he has been in 2 instances of "cultures of losing". Chicago was a disaster after Rose became less than an All-Star, Minnesota has been a losing culture because of poor coaching and team morale. Wiggs wants OUT or to be the Big Dog (and he's isn't talented enough). Wiggs won't share that role with Jim and it shows on the court. (Or, if you are social-media-savvy, Instagram comments are telling.)

Minnesota has drawn a line in the sand. They are investing in KAT until Kat says he wants out, too. (BTW, he already told his bud Ben Simmons something similar.) Basically, Minny is imploding behind the scenes and JIMMY KNOWS IT. Thibs is pretending, but when Jimmy and/or Ant, Wiggs and glue guys leave, Thibs will be done as a coach in the NBA. He's toxic.

Jimmy is going into his prime. He wants to WIN. Period. That leaves only a few teams:
    1. GS 2. Hou 3. SA. 4. LAL 5. Boston 6. Tor 7. OKC (Cancer made me miss someone, but the other teams aren't there yet.

Forget money again: This will come out AFTER wherever Jim is traded. Like Kawhii, he doesn't like how his injuries were handled and told many that Thibs/Minny Organization pushed him to play against us in the playoffs. WHY? One of your favorite terms: "Narrative." Minny had its first taste of the playoffs in God knows how long. Management wanted the city to be excited. And with that, they allowed their star player to clutch his wrist in pain for 5 games. Disgusting.

Jimmy was TOO hurt to play. It was obvious. But, he went out to play to give his team a chance because he knew:
    1. Minny was done as a locker room
    2. Thibs lost his players' respect (EXCEPT Jim). Jim will be loyal to Thibs for giving him a chance in 2 cities and seeing him as the hustler, the homeless talent who's work ethic may be the BEST in this league. But, Thibs didn't protect his "guy." He ran him into the ground, like he's done to nearly every top talent on his rosters. (**Rumor for another time: Thibs and JVG began losing their tightness over player practices and injuries due to practice)

4. You mention Obure often, strangely after Cyber and myself suggested that Morey had an eye on Kellz for awhile. Here's where you're missing it:

Any potential trade for Jimmy Butler has NOTHING to do with "Shhhhh." Rockets fans know this. Jim is a top-10 player, Kellz is developing into a beast. Jimmy pushes any team into contention. "Shhhh" improves a spot and has years to become a force. Simply stated, these two potential transactions are not related. EDIT/CLARIFICATION: In a three team deal,where Wash somehow gets involved and Shhh is moved, that still doesn't mean the Rockets were going after him all along. It meant his money made the trades work. Would I be thrilled to have him? Yes. Do we need him at the moment? Nah...Ennis, Melo, Tuck, Ego and _____ (fingers crossed)

Yes, my ears have said Rockets AND Suns have looked at Oubre for seasons. His salary is on it's first legs and he is a freebird. He is a Rockets target, but this is not new on the board. That doesn't mean he's coming here. As of today, he looks to be a HUGE part of Washington's minutes this season. I just want to make this clear.

****You don't do all of this maneuvering between 2-4 teams with the end goal to acquire a guy who is not yet an All-Star. Admittedly, Shhh and J.Green of Memphis are my favorite non-rockets ( with some Rox interest mentioned), but don't pair them with Jimmy.****

You don't need Jimmy in order to put yourself into position to get Shhhh and Winslow. Jimmy could arguably be a straight up trade talk for JWall/Beal/Etc.

4 (errrr...5): TO your "defense" Jimmy wants a bigger market. That doesn't necessarily mean money; That means exposure. Houston is a bigger market than Minny, as is, well damn, nearly everywhere. Jimmy just wants his respect based on his playing ability.

Jimmy may be one of THE FEW players who is not FIXATED on money. Why? Again...read up on his beginnings. He comes from nothing. The money doesn't legitimize him. He's got that. The respect and the ability to give back to a community, along with being a household name, for kids who grew up homeless or impoverished mean a great deal to him.

Jimmy is not like LeBron with the cash and he's certainly not like the former TWolve Spreewell with the money motives.

James has discussed Jimmy in an interview (look it up) where he explains how tough he is as a competitor, but he also describes his character as that guy who will give you the shirt off of his back because he comes from nothing. NOTHING.

/rant

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This needed to be clarified.

It's all love.

SideNote: It sounds like Jim is pushing to make TajMahal part of his own trade. Their brothers. If the Rockets can get both and not give up too much, we're deep. Taj is underrated, not only with finishing at the rim, but his PICKS and defense (weak side esp) is awesome.

XO

Cod

PS....sorry for the bolding lol, and if my tone seemed petty or inappropriate, my apologies. I just can't always ignore things that are beyond factual.

Speculation is cool...it just needs to come from a place of logic, tact and realism.

#3196 Codman, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This has been thinking the whole time.
    this guy doesn't know ****. just another burt steele looking for attention

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I never expected to get Jimmy Butler. EG plus Tucker and picks, can be easily trumped by better offers.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. rocketseagles07

Tell us which offers those are? I actually think that’s giving up too much

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Basically impossible to add Taj into any trade. We have one salary that matches with Brandon Knight and there is no reason why Minny would want that extra contract year. In theory yes he'd be great, but it's just too much salary to match in a trade.

D-rock likes this.