1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

One understated part of moving EGo into the starting lineup is how it creates a natural bridge for Butler. Sure, Butler's game would have to adjust some, but everyone else would basically be in the same role they were before the trade.

Butler is not simply a plus 3&D player. A huge part of his value is his ability to drive and facilitate. Where CP3 and Harden took turns last year when they shared the floor, I think they would have to share 3 ways with Butler. When one of the 3 sits, then the other 2 take turns running the offense.

CP3 / MCW
    Harden / Knight
    Butler / Ennis
    Tucker / Melo
    Capela / Chriss

luckyman76 and topfive like this.
  2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Lets try Knight
    at backup PG and Gerald at SG, how dare you forget Gearld Green.

sage281 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I understand why u feel that way, I just think his potential affect on a locker room is overstated. I don’t see him coming here and causing any problems. The Bulls had Thibs fighting with ownership, and then brought in Hoiberg who was out of his league. The Wolves were bringing him in to help establish a culture, be a leader, and be the immediate face of the franchise. He clearly has no respect for young dudes like KAT and Wiggins. Here the culture is already established, and we have vets who command respect.

Ego and Tucker would be a steep price for him, but most here are wanting to do Ego+fillers. We’ll see if that can actually get it done. I’m willing to take the risk of Butler leaving because he elevates our team and increases our ceiling. He might be our best chance to acquire a 3rd star while CP3 is still elite.

Kyrie’s list was SA, NY, Mia, and the Wolves (not exactly full of contenders)...PG just wanted to be traded to LA even tho they were coming off a 26 win season...people were questioning their desire to win, but I think Bos and OKC are very happy with what they acquired

OKC kept George, and it’s looking more and more like Kyrie will stay in Boston

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rockets are in a good position and are still very much aggressive. Tibs may have to go first though.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I Know youve said as much before but does "aggressive" really mean Tucker? :eek:

matchesmalone and DonKnock like this.
  6. htownballa1622

"go" as in be fired or not be the pres over there?! :eek:

matchesmalone, DonKnock and saleem like this.
  7. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

I hear people keep saying he's going to get his superMAX anywhere next summer, but I think that's far from a sure thing.

He's a top 20 player for sure, but arguably peaked at the edge of the top 10, and is going to be 30 years old with some injury concern. Whether he is worth $40M/year or $25M/year next summer will really depend on how this year plays out. If he comes here, posting 16p/6r/3a while playing good D, seen as the 3rd-4th best player on a team that narrowly lost again in the WCF (I hope not but this is a quite realistic scenario), how many teams will line up to throw $40M/year at him?

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

I dont understand people not wanting to include Tucker. He is a good player, but you have to give up good players to get a great player. If the Rockets get JB, they are set. PJ is on the table. Do they want to include him, probably not - but you need to do what you need to do.

9. rockets13champs

Beverley was our heart and soul on defense and we traded him for Paul

SWTsig likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Thibs getting fired in preseason..is that some kind of record? What a mess.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

a handful will and all it takes is just one tbh

malakas likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

More likely resign position

DonKnock likes this.
  13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

After leading the team out of playoff draught...

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Reminds me of a certain deluded team from Portland last year.

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Houston loves blue collar guys. Bust your ass and perform and you will be loved. See Shane Battier, Scolera (wive's name for Scola), Pat Bev, etc.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I TOLD YOU GUYS!

DonKnock likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

Dantoni also said Gordon is starting. Meaning his replacement is starting at the 3

19. rockets13champs

Who on clutch fans good at video editing. We need to make a I’m coming home video for butler

20. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I’d give up Tucker if we could get a some what decent replacement in the Tucker trade. Maybe Taj or something.

jamisonrocket likes this.