1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love the Stros response to this girl getting told to ‘hush’.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by WhoDatStrosfan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. WhoDatStrosfan

Houstunna and theimpossibles1 like this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My bad dawg. I’ll stop telling developmentally delayed little girls to quit screaming their heads off during the seventh inning stretch. But hey at least she got some free tickets out of it.

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

TBF, some fans are extremely obnoxious. I would never speak to a little girl like that and I just generally avoid confronting people about their obnoxiousness at sporting events but who you sit next to definitely can impact the quality of your experience (both positive and negative).

4. theimpossibles1

What a jaded old c**t. Video is sad af.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

In Buffalo, the opening monday night after the music city miracle, I wore my Frank Wychek jersey. I was pelted with penny's and you don't want to know what was said to me while waiting in the long urinal lines. But the best part was that the game came down to the final kickoff again, and Derrick Mason made it all the way across the 50 and people we're about to kill me. I think I owe my life to his being tackled.

In the Orange Bowl, I was like 8, and I was chanting "Let's go Buffalo" surrounded by Dolphin fans, and I came home drenched in alcohol. I was 8.

That's all I got.

Kim, WhoDatStrosfan and UTSA2step like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And everybody who goes to a sporting event should be completely aware of that.

Comes with the territory.

Like flying on an airplane.

7. HTM

HTM Member

It's a risk and it sucks when it happens. I can understand that. I wouldn't do what that person did but I'm not going to act like obnoxious fans can't ruin an experience.

pantherheat32 and WhoDatStrosfan like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its an 8 year old girl, not your run of the mill obnoxious drunk sports fan... I don't care how annoying a kid is, anybody that put off by it needs to either shut up and move or talk politely to the parents. The worst thing this fan could do (directly address and scold the child) is the crux of this controversy.

Nobody is acting like there aren't elements that would ruin a sports game experience... its how this person particularly handled it, in light of it being a child. I don't even care about the behavioral disorder... but that certainly doesn't make it any better.

DudeWah, arkoe, kaleidosky and 4 others like this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I can't get over somebody telling a little kid to stop.

10. HTM

HTM Member

Ok? Why are you quoting and even addressing anything towards me.

I said I didn't agree with what this person did.

All I added was there are obnoxious people who go to sporting events and ruin things. I appreciate that can happen to people.

I think those are things we both agree on.

Feels like you're trying to twist this around against me somehow... and it's not there.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You can **** right off dude. Seriously, go to hell.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because you're still equating an 8 year old girl to an "obnoxious person who goes to sporting events and ruins things."

13. HTM

HTM Member

Wow, love your attempt to construe what I said in the most negative way possible.

All I was attempting to relay was that obnoxious fans can ruin your time at a sporting event. That sucks. I wouldn't have handled it the way the person in the video did but it does suck when you go to your seats to enjoy a game and someone nearby ruins it.

Like you said about airplanes, having a baby scream and cry on your plane for 3 hours sucks. That doesn't mean the baby is a terrible person and you should tell it to stfu but it still sucks to experience it.

All I was getting at is that that experience sucks.

You attempting to twist it into anything else is disingenuous and wrong.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Agreed! I think pretty much everyone reading this thread understands exactly what you are saying. Don’t let Mr. I think I know everything get ya upset.

CheezeyBoy22 and Houstunna like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

8 year olds can most definitely be obnoxious people.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I just don’t get any sort of attempt to rationalize this situation in favor of the person who directly scolded the 8 year old.

Yes, everybody gets your point that some situations suck... but it’s really not that applicable to this specific scenario and again, you comparing an 8 year old girl with an obnoxious person is not really twisting anything around.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not intentionally

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lulz. Clinching the division title must have given "some" people nothing else to talk/argue about until the playoffs.

19. HTM

HTM Member

I'm not... I clearly stated that person shouldn't have done that. I'm just saying obnoxious fans are no fun.

Yes, babies on planes that cry for 3 hours are obnoxious.

Yes, fans who scream in your ear for 3 hours at a baseball game are obnoxious.

I'm not saying babies or 8 year olds are bad people but they can certainly be obnoxious. There is nothing wrong with saying that.

But I love the attempt, "OMG everyone look at HTM he hates 8 year olds with disabilities and is evil, I'm Nick and I'm a saint."

CheezeyBoy22, Harrisment and Tomstro like this.
  20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I apologize for not knowing anything about this girl's diagnosis earlier. Turns out it was even worse than I feared.

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl...er_in_dsm_5_criticism_of_a_new_diagnosis.html

Saying your child has DMDD means that she has bad temper tantrums to the point that you want to put her on a long term medication like a mood stabilizer, antipsychotic, or amphetamine just to get her to fall in line. And now her parents will be rewarded even more by getting Astros tickets.

Always be careful ganging up on one side in any story you read about.