1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It does seem a bit odd that Richardson would hold up any deal. His contract is around market value and he doesn't seem like he has any major upside from where he is already at. He's a nice role player, but Gordon is better. Also, I don't see how they could possibly take on Dieng's contract without a 3rd team. They would have way too much money tied up in centers if they did.

ashleyem likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

While I would love to get Butler and lock him up for many years, I just don't think Tilman is willing to pay the repeater tax in the tens of millions of dollars. I mean it is a serious chunk of cash, but that is what it is going to take to beat the Warriors. I hope I am wrong. In general, this is why I was not a fan of Tilman buying the team, because he is rich, but he is not MEGA rich, like some of the other owners.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have no such shame and I am stealing your proposal.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol his net worth more than both Spurs and Mavs owner combined

ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow, that's nuts. What and odd adjustment to the CBA. Thanks for the info and you time to dig that out for me craigun.

I completely understand 2way players (Edwards, Clark) and camp/exhibit deals (Bruno/Gray) not being eligible for matching purposes...

On the other hand, Zhou Qi who was signed with our MLE last year to a 4 year deal not being counted towards matching purposes baffles me. Guess this means Nene would absolutely have to be included. This makes me wish we held on to Onuaku a bit longer now.

The soonest we'd be able to make a deal without including Nene or Tuck is OCT 31st (Knight/Chriss combinable in trades date), and it certainl doesn't seem Butler will last that long.

This makes any deal a tougher sale as Nene is 7 mill in deadweight that would likely ask for a buyout.

@larsv8, Cancel that realgm thread, that trade idea is a no go lol.

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

@ThatBoyNick Contracts can be guaranteed before the deal is executed. Think of it as the reverse of what we did when we traded for Ty Lawson (made last year of deal non-guaranteed).

HOU would want to guarantee the deal to have the minimum salary needed to execute the deal. MIN wouldn't mind if they see Qi as a prospect. And Qi would agree to this, since they now get their money for sure.

Keep me honest here @BimaThug

DonKnock and ThatBoyNick like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Interesting if possible... I wonder if this would effect him being tradeable for a certain period of time, or if it would require cap space like extensions.

@larsv8 Hold the phones, we just might have ourselfs a new development here... potentially.

hakeem94, joshuaao and DonKnock like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Problem is Jimmy's trade kicker had already been activated when he got traded by Chicago, is it even possible for him to waive it now?

#1628 ashleyem, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bruh...

[​IMG]

Rokman, Crashlanded19 and John Harvey like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nevermind everybody, I figured it out from an old Bima post.

Gordon and Qi for Butler with the trade kicker waived would not work, neither would it work if we added Hartenstein (who should be tradeable right now).

We would have to include Nene for salary matching purposes if we wanted to do a deal immediately.

malakas likes this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You could however include Nene.... Then turn right around and trade Chriss for Nene one on one ;)

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The team that gives up a little more than they should will get Butler.

Everyone is out there talking about no Tucker, no OG, no Siakam, no Covington, no Saric. The truth is someone will budge a little more, and of the teams who don't budge all their packages will be roughly similar. That's the only card Minny holds: you have to beat everyone else's offer.

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

14. RocksMillenium

Actually it is incorrect.

15. RocksMillenium

Ummm, ok. . . . .

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

LMFAO!!

17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

There's nothing to waive. Butler had a 5% trade kicker that was activated when he was traded to the T-Wolves. Trade kickers are a bonus that is only paid on the first trade after signing a contract. There would be no additional trade kicker if he's traded again.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how original tha homey be takin his talents to souf beach, all he do is win win win

Little Bit likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

LA was PG’s preferred destination...sent to OKC

LA was Kawhi’s preferred destination...sent to Toronto

Miami is Butler’s preferred destination...sent to Houston