1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] If Carmelo ends up coming off the bench, there's gonna be a problem in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 25, 2018.

1. treeman

treeman Member

English. We speak English at this board.

2. MystikArkitect

I was getting groceries and got a sudden shudder for some reason. Get home and saw where it came from.

The creation of a SAS/Kellerman thread.

Killatron 2000 and heypartner like this.
  3. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Melo is different. We need to give me a great deal of encouragement, which means starter and 20 shots a game.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

We need to give vet min Melo a starting position and 20 shots a game? Nah, we don’t have to do that at all. Melo has no clout here. He either accepts whatever role he’s given, or he can kick rocks. The only person taking 20 shots a game here is MVP. Melo should be behind MVP, CP3, and Ego in shot attempts.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

also a masseuse during the game while they're at it

6. baubo

baubo Member

Yet he always contradicts himself from a week ago and then contradicts that contradiction the next week.

Either his connections are all bunch of emo teenagers who cant hold a single thought for more than few days at a time, or maybe, just maybe, he likes to speak BS for ratings regardless of what he hears.

7. BackdoorHarden

Didn't Melo just say he doesn't have a problem being a bench player???? What's going on???

Did some inside sauces feed something else to SAS?

Chanmarr likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

didn't watch... SAS is a troll that talks out his ass... doesn't have anything newsworthy? Let's throw out a theoretical view and make some drama around it... I'm betting 90%+ of guys who had been multiple all-star selctions would have an issue coming off the bench... unless they know they're full on breaking down and just trying to prolong their careers and keep the checks coming in as long as possible...

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Man if I could have a starting 5 of all Melo, I would.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Does SAS realize that Tarik was a center for the Rockets and he’s no longer under contract? He must’ve taken a look at the trade machine roster right before this debate. Also, MCW being ahead on Knight on that depth chart is pretty funny. Oh, BSPN with your constant Houston hate.

11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Did he do the neck crack thing before he dumped a pile of brown word salad on the table?

12. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Lmao, I noticed this too. Glad I'm not the only one.

13. amaru

amaru Member

He’s a shock jockey, not a reporter.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If melo comes off the bench.. the league is in trouble...

htownrocketman likes this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Kind of the same thing we've done with CP. We start him and then he comes out after a little bit to run the show
    when James needs a breather. Why not sit Melo with his buddy CP? He can't get too upset about that.
    That way, they can both wreak havoc on 2nd units.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen A Smith creating a rumor which isn't true, only about ratings. Carmelos hard work on his body, looking slim and quicker, he deserves to start because of the hard work, he has put in the offseason. Carmelo already had discussions with Mike on every scenario by playing Center late in games or Coming off the Bench.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Why are you still posting SAS videos? He just says stuff to generate clicks and start debates. It's not actually rooted in anything. We should be boycotting this kind of crap.

Remlap likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen A Smith has lied on TV before on the Topic of Phil Jackson and Carmelo Anthony fight, Stephen said Carmelo people told me Carmelo wanted to be traded which was untrue, Carmelo basically called him on the phone and basically got angry that You can't call me directly, you have my number, instead of lying on TV. Stephen Apologized to Carmelo. Stephen told this story on Air and Apologized on Air to Carmelo. So Stephen is a Habitual liar along with Max to get Millions of Dollars criticizing every player in the league. It seems they are sponsoring the Jordan Brand everyday saying who is the Goat nonsense everyday.

#58 rockets1995, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I trust Gerald Green opinion more than any analyst on TV, he said this Rockets bench is better than last year, the young guys 2nd team are making it tough against the First Team and making it close. To me that speaks a lot of this team is better. Brandon Knight coming back healthy is going to be huge.

Killatron 2000 and DonKnock like this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I wish ESPN would just go away, years ago like 20 or so (wow that's forever ago now :( ) , they were great, now it's tmz with little to no sports knowledge