1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's now apparently lost the Amnesty International vote

No Worries likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Grace and forgiveness?" If what that man allegedly did, the drunken attempted rape of a 15 year old girl with the "help" of a friend, it certainly doesn't deserve forgiveness, JV. I have a daughter who is an adult now, and if that had happened to her at 15 and I found out now, I would be hiring an investigator and an attorney to pursue whatever avenue was available to make him, and his pal, pay dearly for their actions. I certainly wouldn't feel one damn bit of "forgiveness." It wouldn't matter to me how long ago it was, and it sure as hell should disqualify him for a seat on the nation's highest court. In fact, if this is proven, he should be impeached and booted from his current lifetime gig as a federal judge. Forgiveness? Give me a break.

Nook and jcf like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Funny thing how one p***y grabber choses another p***y grabber. Like minds?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't heard of any false allegations that came out against Clarence Thomas.

Deckard and joshuaao like this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

Watched Kavanaugh and his wife. Clearly was given a script and stayed on it. But I have to say (acknowledging that discerning witness credibility is hardly reliable), he seemed credible.

Nook and Astrodome like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Indeed, yet he sits on the court clearly "taking his revenge" against those who attempted to expose the truth about the cretin, or supported that effort, and he is far from a friend to women. What a surprise. Kavanaugh, should he get confirmed, is very likely to do the same thing, in my opinion. Instead of scouring this man's background before giving him a seat on the nation's highest court for life, the Republican majority is trying to rush this confirmation though, holding back information from the public, instead of shining a light on his background. It is an abomination, in my opinion, and a huge disservice to the nation.

We deserve far better. There are numerous possibilities that could fill that seat. Conservatives with sterling character. Mr. trump and the extremists in the Republican majority have no interest in them. The fools who attack those who oppose this nomination don't understand that it isn't whether the next nominee is a conservative judge. Elections have consequences, something I've said dozens of times on this forum over the years. I said it several times before the 2016 election, when there were rabid attacks against Secretary Clinton here from members on the Left. I said this would happen. I wish I had been wrong, but I was not.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't view that as destroying the SCOTUS....but those on the left who would push women to lie about sexual assault to score political point would, and I'd be happy for them to freak out about it.

As to taking away rights, that's more of a left wing thing.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, you admit then that you want your party to go even further right? You just literally said that you hoped the GOP stuffs two EXTREME Right wing justices onto the court, yet, you always call yourself a moderate, kind of contradictory. I don't think a moderate would want extreme right or left wing justices on the court.

You think EXTREME Right Wing justices wouldn't look to take away rights of people? What would an extreme right wing justice advocate for, according to you? You really think having extreme wing nuts is good for the country? Why?

I think it would destroy the court, the moment you start messing with rights given to people the moment people lose faith in the court and from there it'll be a spiral. I'm not sure why you think having a SCOTUS filled with extreme right wingers is a good thing unless you are an extreme right winger yourself.

Amiga likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really have a party, but I'd fully support a move to the right in retaliation for scumbag tactics that are an assault on legitimate sexual assault victims everywhere. There needs to be a punishment for this kind of completely immoral actions. If ideology is all they care about, they should suffer ideologically.

I don't personally think that even an extreme right wing justice would take rights from people given that taking away rights is a big government thing....you know, what our friends on the left are so fond of.....but even if they did, Democrats would deserve it for their scumbag actions. Now a much better scenario would be that the Democrats stop talking women into lying to further their political agenda and just put Kavanaugh on the bench and move on with life....but if that's not acceptable, let's make it hurt them.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is strange even for you. Supreme court justices make decisions that would help or hurt the entire nation, not just one party.

Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He does strike me more as a 40 yr old virgin than a bloke that participates in gang bangs.

jcf likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, but only one party would view their actions as harmful....as evidenced by the fact that they are willing to convince women to come forward and lie about sexual assault just to prevent a SCOTUS nominee that they have no legitimate reason to oppose other than on ideological grounds. If that's the state of things, perhaps that ideology needs to take some hits.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, everybody who isn't extreme right would view their actions as harmful.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

It was a little odd when the interviewer was pushing him somewhat to reveal when he lost his virginity.

Nook likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree.....but I understand that on a board full of people who are fairly far to the left, they'd think the world was coming to an end.....which is why we should all speak out against the false allegation f*ckery coming from the DNC so that it won't be a problem.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christ, what is wrong with you people. "We are not talking about kidnapping women, forcefully raping them and throwing them in a ditch." You're really setting the bar high there.

I went to high school in the '80s. I graduated in '86. I had a lot of sex. You know what I never did. I never "got" a girl drunk to have sex. I never shoved my "junk" in a girls face. The fact that you think this constitutes "showing initiative" is profoundly disturbing. And I sure as **** never held a girl down, placed my hand over her mouth to muffle her screams, and tried to rip her clothes off. The fact that so many ****ing wingnuts are defending this sick **** is really an eye opener. I actually used to think that behavior was considered abhorrent across the political spectrum. Lesson learned.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Note what kavanaugh's roommate thought...

Newlin, Nook and No Worries like this.
  19. No Worries

Maybe when he was young and stupid and stumbling drunk ...

20. No Worries

#1800 No Worries, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018