1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Giants @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We're so close, guys! All 3 of our losses have been by less than a touchdown!

Seriously, our defense is so overrated. Where is this devastating pass rush everyone has been talking about? Can't wait to have Watt, Clowney and Mercilus on the field at the same time! Clowney and Mercilus have combined for 0 sacks, 0 tackles for loss and 6 total tackles in 3 games.

Watt and Watson are the only 2 reasons I'm even paying attention to this team.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Our 1 & 2 WRs are pretty darn good also. Fuller looks like pro bowl material if he can stay healthy.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  3. HstnSprtsFan101

Our secondary is so bad that all three teams have killed us with the quick, short passes. A good pass rush can help the secondary but the secondary also has to help the pass rush. Still, Clowney and Mercilus nowhere to be found is very disappointing. Colvin is not an outside CB. Kareem continues to make plays..

If we could ever start the game with a lead I think you’d see the pass rush get going. It’s really tough to explain. McKinney and Cunningham have been awful as well. Our 1st pick in the 2019 draft has to be the best CB or OT available

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sht secondary, sht oline, overrated defense, pathetic play-calling, horrible game management, bad hc, nonexistent tight ends, yet we attack watson for throwing interceptions and not seeing the wide receivers receivers. I'm pretty sure no qb can thrive in this shtty mediocre team known as the Houston Texans. We look at least average on paper, but this team is lacking a lot of pieces = I say we start tanking.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  5. SuraGotMadHops

This is about all that is nice to look at on the field.

Uprising likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

oof....0-3...and that SOS. :(

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What happened to all that great motion we had behind the line last season prior to each play. It looked like a college offense. It was great.
    This year, he's a failed pocket passer.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He’s been average pocket passer I wouldn’t say failed but in the long haul it will do wonders for his development.

Uprising likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that was before they were trying to run BOB's offense because Savage was the QB that was his guy. Now that Watson is his guy, he's the QB BOB is setting up for failure.

10. Nook

Nook Member

This.

It is amazing to me that an organization worth almost $4,000,000,000 has this idiot making decisions on the field. In any other field of work his ass would have been fired. Instead, he gets an extension.

napalm06 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's Watson that got him that extension. There were so many people here going to bat for BOB as "the only coach that can keep Watson playing at a high level" and every time that was challenged, they'd fall back on how many points the Texans were scoring with Watson. It's clear that BS not only fooled the majority of the board here, but Bob McNair as well. My hope is that the extension won't stop McNair from firing his ass.

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

There is a lot at stake too. I believe Watson can be a very good QB but not if he is poorly coached, has bad habits reinforced.

I know Watson went to bat for BOB, but he was drafted by BOB and what is he supposed to do? That was his first NFL season.

That is where a good GM steps in and says "No" at least...... if not McNair just following his team and the NFL close enough to look at the product and say "Nope". In fairness, a lot of owners don't know what is going on, and some of those teams win..... so we just have to deal with ownership.

I just keep hoping we get an elite GM with power that can step in and guide McNair on what to do.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's what Rick Smith kept doing, he was the only guy willing to tell BOB "no" when he wanted to do stupid things and BOB managed to leverage Watson's success to get Smith fired and a puppet GM installed.....and to get himself an extension.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Unfortunately most fans were on board

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

That BS clearly fooled the people in the sport radio 610, one guy even picked the Texans to go to the Super bowl this year. Based on the history of McNair's the coach hiring, I do not think he is going to fire the coach BOB to cost his money. This owner is just stupid as the Cowboy one , they win nothing after Jimmy Johnson left.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Was that a typo?

[​IMG]

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Media soft on Houston teams?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they've always been really soft on Houston teams. Just getting around to asking BOB a question like that now that they are 1-12 in their last 13 games is soft. Pain in the ass media markets would have run his ass out on a rail by now. He'd have been tarred and feathered for that "not by job" bullshit.