1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In their prime what musical band would you have love to seen perform?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Sep 21, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I got to see both those shows -- good times.

jo mama likes this.
  2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Queen and Guns & Roses

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Probably Kathy Ireland.

[​IMG]

4. body slam

body slam Member

I bet Willie Nelson 4th of July show in the 80s would have been pretty wild.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Purvis's shorts

forgot about the Sex Pistols. joy division and the fall were formed from attending a sex pistols show, which has to count for something.

joeson332 likes this.
  6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I still feel this way. Would do anything to see young Trent with David Bowie when they toured together.

Nook and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Probably The Velvet Underground.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The problem with Trent during that time is that he was a raging drunk and drug addict, so his concerts were far from technically sound. I've seen NIN 15 times or so, and Sober Trent puts on a hell of a lot better show than addict Trent.

joeson332 likes this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think that was the show where someone jumped up on stage and stole Les' hat and jumped back into the crowd. I always felt like he held a grudge in Houston after that show.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I can stream them all on Prime.

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Talking Heads early 80s...REM mid 80s...The Clash late 70s... Van Morrison mid 70s

Killatron 2000 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was there too. it was fall 1991 at the unicorn and les was leaning into the crowd while playing and a dude reached up and grabbed his hat...apparently it was his "signature" hat that he wore in videos and stuff. they stopped the show and he was asking for it back but didnt get it.

i cant remember if it was b/t primus and fishbone sets or after the show (EDIT: or was it the anthrax/PE show that was also fall 1991?), but i watched security catch the guy that took it...i remember he was a lanky skuzzy dude in a wife-beater. they had him surrounded in the middle of the room and he kept going "i dont have it...i dont have it" ...not sure if les got it back or not.

#152 jo mama, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  13. body slam

body slam Member

seeing Selena at the rodeo would have been pretty cool.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Gotta add Elvis Costello & the Attractions 77-80 to ma list..

15. Nook

Nook Member

Mikey is pathetic now. The teen angst only works when you REALLY are young and out of control. Now he is a Starbucks drinking, Nordictrack using wannabe operating on fumes. He has always been a spoiled, wealthy petulant ******* but at least 25 years ago it was real...

Some keep it as they age.... Bowie, BB King, Iggy.... others like Maynard and Reznor don’t...

16. Nook

Nook Member

I am fortunate to have avoided most of the garbage music in the 80’s and was a teenager in the 90’s and was able to see just about everyone I know wanted.... NIN, Nirvana, STP, Cure, PJ, BB King played 20 minutes for my mom for only $100 for me when I was 18.. etc..

Excluding musicians before my time... I would choose to listen to Mother Love Bone or in an intimate setting, Bowie.

I have seen LOTS of great performers and talents but there are a few that really standout where you know they are irreplaceable.... Bowie, BB King and 2PAC standout.... Andrew Wood is the last one... he was better than Cobain.

joeson332 likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

18. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Queen, Journey, Styx, Rush.

I got to see Journey/Def Leppard with in San Antonioa few weeks ago. Great show. Arnel can belt out the vocals.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a trip reading this thread again. B-Bob mentioned Brian Eno as someone he wished he had seen. While I missed Eno, I saw Roxy Music at the Coliseum with Robin Wright (when he was a solo act) on February 29th, Leap Year, 1976. That's why I remembered the gig. Most of the talent mentioned as groups or individuals that folks here wished they had seen in their prime? I saw them in their prime if it was from the very early '80's, back to around 1966-67, when I seriously got into going to concerts at clubs and the other local venues. I've said it before and have to say it again. I was lucky enough to be there, old enough to be there and enjoy it, my girlfriends loved music (it was a requirement - not kidding), and it was cheap. While I wish I were younger now, I wouldn't trade the experiences I had for anything.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't think he ever got it back. I was at both of those as well and they kind of blend together after all these years... I do remember the Anthrax PE show was right when Redd Foxx died because we had 30 seconds of noise for Redd during PE.

Funny how many of us were at a bunch of these old shows.

jo mama likes this.