1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Mutombo coming out of retirement confirmed.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Or Dorsey.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe Cod is talking about Brendan Wright...

4. j@amc

j@amc Member

Sounds good. Clearly, Chriss has the length and athleticism to be a difference maker as a sub. He'd have get much better at not fouling as well.

D-rock likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Most obvious choice of remaining FA bigs who have been with Houston. Asik isn't a free agent.

With that being said.... Capela, Nene, Chriss, Qi, Hartenstein all being centers I don't see why we would need another big.

I think our biggest need is another defensive SF.

Elephant810 likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, and you could also consider adding PJ to that list since it's possible he's going to play some minutes at the 5.

Unless one or two of those guys are going to be moved i'm not sure about adding another center...even though, what if Zhou and Isaiah are not ready yet and Chriss is going to suck? I'm all for giving them a chance but they might end up being bad or just not good enough. Nene alone is not enough obviously.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Re: BK being flipped:

Definitely a possibility, but before that's an option, teams want to know how he plays after recovery time. He's , what, 26 and a former top 10 pick. So, yes, the injury makes him risky, but then again youth is on his side. He already has value, but consider if he comes in and plays incredibly well from the jump. His contract becomes that much more valuable as an expiring next season.

Fly Ry's money doesn't seem logical on paper. If the guy would just shoot the ball (I know it's not that simple, but still...), he could have been amazing in our offense. It's not as though the guy forgot how to shoot. It really was something else. His confidence, I don't know.

A small whisper mentioned a "lost step" he couldn't fully recover from. That makes some sense to me. All of the up-fakes, inability to rotate on defense, etc...

Anyway, I think MDA will take a guy who can shoot the 3, hit his layups, or in the least, will take the open shots from Harden and CP's penetration ANY DAY over the guy who hesitates to launch the 3's that make our offense flow.

To his defense, there became a point where we didn't put Ry in situations where he could do much. We had him camping out 4 feet from the 3 point line. I wish we set him a screen or two once in awhile to get him open, but we were successful in our revamped, iso style. Ry is a great guy either way.

I want him to well in Phoenix and thereafter. After all the ish he's been through in his personal life, yet still remains a decent person, I can't help but wish him the best.

eric.81, wesbound, Huricane and 30 others like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Did we get a TE in the trade?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

something like $2.6M

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Starting best 5 would mean adding EGo to first 5.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

We need a Melo Scapegoat thread now that anderson is gone...

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And a Positive Vibes to Melo thread will follow.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Of the two, I'd go for Joey D. He won't help much, but at least he won't destroy the team.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

To be fair, Nene is aging before our eyes, Chriss is an unknown commodity in an MDA system, and Qi and Hartenstein are both still a year away from being able to handle more than garbage time at the top level. So bringing in a proven backup center to training camp isn't a horrible idea.

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Were getting Bosh

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tarik Black?

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He signed overseas.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry if I missed it - has there been any public reaction from Ryno at all?

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Sucks to lose Ryno, but best of luck to him in PHX and on the rest of his NBA career.

Did expect PHX to be a trade choice for Houston, but felt Morey would have entered the season with the roster and make a roster at the trade deadline.

20. OpportunityCost