1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Women Accuse Louis C.K. Of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Louie used his power to humiliate women at the workplace. Not only that, he knew he had the influence to silence them if they complained. He had a lot of friends who would vigorously defend him when the accusations first came out. Stewart comes first in mind.

The man doesn't belong in jail. Like others, he used Hollywood pretty well to get his rocks off and got away with it for a long time.

That said, I liked his old work and wouldn't care about this if his act was new and awesome again.

#KobeRules

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

wow, you're using one case, where a 17 year old boy was "abused" by a hot, older actress, to dismiss countless cases of powerful men making young, impressionable girls to submit sexually as part of their jobs.

unless you can prove you wouldn't allow asia argento to abuse you when you were 17, then youre not one to talk about hypocrisy.

3. omgTHEpotential

Just saying, Louie picked a nice timing to come back. Very strategic.

P.S. What Louie did was way less horrible than what she did.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is CK supposed to do to redeem himself? If people dislike him attempting to resume his career, I wish they’d be more forthcoming on what exactly they think he should do. If the answer is just “he needs to go away, forever” now they’ve turned him into the victim. If the answer is “We shouldn’t be talking about CK, we should be focusing on the victims” then they shouldn’t concern themselves with him trying to get his career going again.

5. fba34

lol I dont want to argue about the Louie-Asia thing you pointed out, I'll just let you pretend your statement as "fact". If the 18-year old cutoff age is more important to you than consent.

I remember being a 17-year old boy. No hypocrite here.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Louie had consent for what he did, he asked permission, got it, then acted. Honestly he did nothing wrong but in the ridiculous world we now live in, consent is not consent.

Now sure, what he did was weird and creepy, but not wrong.

jcf likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is a pretty good article on Louis CK and the potential problem with his comeback:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...redemption-20180828-story.html?outputType=amp

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I like how you put abused in quotation marks.

Kind of discredits everything you have to say on the topic.

I'd be laughing if it wasn't so damn embarrassing for you that you then try to lecture someone on hypocrisy.

Be quiet.[/

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

10. fba34

Yes I put abused in quotation marks especially when its a 17 year old boy accusing a known actress while she's getting press for accusing a powerful film producer. We talk about gold digging whores trying to save up condoms with semen in it in this forum and can't call out a guy trying to get money off of a hottie who bed him when he was 17?

I dont see how I should be embarrassed or feel like im being a hypocrite. Would your 17 year old self pass sex from a hot older woman?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Look...

Almost every 17 year old boy, left alone with an older sexy actress would let her sit on his face. As a man I don’t consider that abuse. I saw his smiling selfie right after he was drained. I think it was a money grab... but whatever, she put herself in that position as a nearly 40 year old adult screwing some stupid 17 year old. She can deal with the fallout... especially after bringing her dead boyfriend into it.

The MeToo movement has been very successful overall.

Aziz or whatever his name is, has ZERO game and is just really really stupid. He came across as a hungry homeless dog begging for a bone. If he wants to bone THAT bad, then have a FWB or a prostitute. What he did was wreckless but not criminal. If he wasn’t so pathetic he wouldn’t be trolling for pudding to begin with.

Louis CK is just a freaking deviant. His ex wife alluded to it a long time ago and Louis CK has in his stand up basically said he is disgusting. I expect my comedians to be very messed up people and my understanding is that the women involved were not happy about it but don’t want his career ruined. The court of public opinion will decide if the creepy little red headed weirdo can save his career or will need to go into permanent exile.

macho GRANDE and fba34 like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I love the "rape isn't rape if she's hot" comments. Have a 37 year old man get a 17 year old girl drunk in order to get her to sleep with him and you'd have these same people out to cut his balls off no matter how attractive he was.

Downtown Sniper and jcf like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe. I was a 17 year old boy and remember sleeping with older women and how that all went down.

Asia got herself into the situation and has to deal with the consequences. She knew she could have to pay for her decision and now has to deal with it.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point was that you do women a disservice when you don't hold them to the same standards you'd hold men to. You might have liked it if an older woman raped you when you were a minor, many girls might like it if they were raped by older men when they are minors.....it doesn't really matter though. If you are under 18 you don't have the ability to consent and that makes it rape.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I completely understand your point. The reality is that there is a double standard. You can say it isn’t fair... but many people feel It is different.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to make it seem like I don't understand the double standard, I completely do. I personally don't find it as bad when an old woman rapes a boy as when an old man rapes a girl, but I think equal treatment under the law is important despite those feelings.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(With their confirmed consent)

I wish women would use this power on me...

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: If Harvey was HOT would it make it less than what it is?

Basically

I think that is kind of the point . . . .. . the double standard undermines 'the movement'

I don't think anyone think that CK was wrongly accused
    I think people feel that his transgressions were exagerated and overhyped

Rocket River

Steve_Francis_rules and jcf like this.
  19. fba34

@Rocket River if he was still using his position to put leverage on his actresses to satisfy him or risk losing their jobs and opportunities, then no, makes no difference. Maybe the girls would be able to stomach it better.

The difference between Asia and Harvey was she was wrong simply because of the age limit, which puts the 17 year old at an age where he supposedly couldn't make a proper adult decision, hence she "abused" him. Harvey on the other hand made girls sleep with him to get ahead. I know which victim I'd prefer to be.

I play devil's advocate with a group of females as well. They get caught up trying to detend their kind too much as well. But generally, we men are worse

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I guess you quoted yourself with an article with some suggestions.

I was going to quote your original post. Because, no, "stay out of the public eye forever" doesn't turn Louis into the victim. If that's the "punishment" that fits the "crime" then it is what it is and he did it to himself.

But sure, that may be too harsh.

Without reading the article, I immediately thought of a bunch of things along the lines of what the article suggests. Like go to the victims and help them advance their careers meaningfully, since what he did effectively did the opposite (either directly or indirectly). Like as the victims what kind of restitution they want. Like ask experts. Like do the work the article notes about setting up charities, helping women in comedy, etc.

That anyone would think he served an appropriate "punishment" because he apologized, and has been vacationing in private for a year, is crazy, to me, given that the career that he's returning to is one that is so in the public eye.