1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat doesn’t want Ryno according to Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think all of these poster just miss Larry Bird and want a token white guy on the team.

There is no other logical reason why these people would keep defending their lord and savior Ryan Scrubberson. Keep in mind these same posters were bashing Dwight Howard when he still recorded a double double his last year here and they are defending Ryan Anderson who has 0 0 0 last year to the death.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

?
    Who is Paul George?

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Paul George is over-rated. Oladipo was clearly under-rated.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Any argument you make can’t be taken seriously if you’re going to say “Oladipo was traded for peanuts”

5. rocketseagles07

Exactly... the argument is immediately over. As good as dipo is he’s not pg and pg fits better next to Russ

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Sorry wasn’t clear but that’s my point. There are no plural forms that include the “s”. So adding a “s” on the end sounds strange since it doesn’t connotate plural form. The “s” on the end of either word infers passive verb tense instead of plural which is probably why it sounds misplaced.

7. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

No
    One
    Wants
    Ryno
    Must
    Give
    Up
    Assets
    To
    Dump
    40 million dollars worth of useless Ryno manure

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Exchange with kings zach Randolph 1 on 1. Houston pays the remaining salary for kings

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Right I gotcha, I'm not suggesting adding an "s" at the end of those team names, just referring to them correctly as plural. For example, the thread title should be "Heat don't want Ryno..."

Rox>Mavs likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

don't nobody want this cuck. we're stuck w/ his sorry ass till the end of time

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Sino rocketfan

His value in any possible trade would be rather low...... But he could still shoot some 3s in the regular season.....
    We should just give him some time. Maybe his performance next season could be good enough for us to trade him and get some useful assets, instead of giving out too many assets.....(Don't wake me up, plz)

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The cap spike in 2016 duped pretty much every team, and I realize the Rockets were trying to fix the "culture" after the 2015-2016 season, but I remain shocked at how badly Morey handled that offseason. The Gordon deal turned out to be good, but that contract and the Ryno contract go against everything that he believes in. Still can't believe he gave Ryno that contract. There was never a moment where that was a good idea.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With or without Ryno, we are going to be #2 seed in the West. No point rushing to use a FRP to dump him. His performance can't get worse, and his contract literally gets better/shorter every day.

You guys have to come to terms with the fact that we are unlikely to trade him till later on unless miraculously someone takes him without a first round pick (for anyone other than Joakim Noah).

We're going to see if Gerald Green makes a defensive improvement, whether PJ Tucker can handle quicker wings again and how Ennis does. Based on those things, we'll decide. Even then the options won't be stellar. People like Shumpert or Evan Turner. Maybe a Bazemore. If we're lucky a slumping Batum.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my initial reaction here was that morey thought he was going to get canned and was just trying to sabotage us w/ scorched earth policy

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why not #1? we were ahead of GS last season before their spate of injuries, and that's with multiple injuries on our side from day one. does anyone know when boogie will even be able to play for them? last i heard his camp said pre-season but others have said no way before january

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Just an estimate. My rationale:

1) Warriors are unchanged. They won't change anything to accommodate Cousins. They will be a well oiled machine from day 1.
    2) Our fatigue and injuries in the playoffs could have a lot to do with overexerting for the #1 seed. I get the impression the players are going to start slower this season.
    3) Losing 2 of our top 4 defenders + not finding adequate replacement + integrating Melo's sensitive psyche.
    4) When teams are this close in competition (7 game series), having a $20m demotivated asset matters. They are using 100% of their cap.

I still think we will win it all if we flip Ryno and a first for a mediocre 3&d wing.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly seems like that's the only rational answer.

Don't think we'll be #1 this year. Barring a trade, we lessened our overall talent, defense will undoubtedly regress, Paul will likely (and hopefully) rest more, and natural regression probably kicks in as well. Still 57+ wins, but I see the 2 seed. Golden State probably realizes we had them on the ropes last year and guns more for the 1 seed as well to secure home court. Steph probably doesn't miss half the regular season again.

We could still end up #1, just seems less likely. Could be wrong, though.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

It’s not so much defending, more just calling out the folks who use this issue like an emotional support animal.

Don’t be surprised folks call out that sort of weakness.

19. dmoneybangbang

Mostly agreed. It wouldn’t be smart to not play Anderson in the beginning of the season but I don’t think he can be counted on anything. There’s no point in not trying to get Anderson’s confidence up. However, it would be incorrect to say Anderson has no effectiveness in the regular season.

20. dmoneybangbang

Because Morey isn’t the owner and doesn’t have the final decision. Morey has said multiple times he presents his “moves” to Les/the owner who then decides how to proceed. This is pretty common throughout the league, people just assume the GM operates independent.

Morey makes moves based on the owner and Les historically doesn’t take intentional steps back.

J Sizzle likes this.