1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin Ordered To Pay Baby Mama $258K A Month In Child Support

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Aug 2, 2018.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Remember this is the guy who slid his foot under a landing James Harden.

On a serius note, no, guys can't sleep with every woman and make babies without consequences.

rgw20014life, daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

First ballot Hall of Fame w****.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

but on the real, fukk blake. i will celebrate the next time he gets injured, that dirty bish. would be great if he injures himself flopping and hurts his next contract, hopefully a vet min until retirement. that's what he deserves for trying to injure and end other breh's careers.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That is not accurate. It will be adjusted when his income goes down. By a large Large amount. Unless he is going to be doing something I don't know to make large sums of money when he retires.

5. mingthething

mingthething Member

Beer goggles?

6. mingthething

mingthething Member

this story oughtta make some good redpillstories fodder

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree in concept, but it's hard to justify the 'price' here. Also, knowing that 'reward' is out there is precisely why some women seek to get pregnant in the first place. So, this doesn't actually inhibit this behavior, it encourages it. Lots of women out there can tell you EXACTLY how much they'd get in child support if xxxx got them pregnant.
    Then said judges are exceeding their charter. It's not their job to determine what's right for society. It is their job to adjudicate the laws as they are written. As the saying goes, you don't legislate from the bench. You adjudicate. Legislators should legislate. I am curious if you were the one being made an example of if you'd be so in favor of this. Sure, you might say 'but I'd never be in those situations!'....just like everyone else who then finds themselves in one sometime. Often through no fault of their own. A friend of mine had to go to court over a property dispute, which he was in the right on, and quickly found out that the other party was good friends (and a big contributor) of the judge, and that the judge didn't give a rats arse what he had to say about anything. So...be careful what you wish for, it may bite you in the arse sometimes. I would simply prefer our courts to be fair.

Space Ghost likes this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Homeboy better hope he keeps playing in the NBA forever or he's gonna go broke...

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not necessarily. Know many guys who have had their income change, or even disappear, whose child support payments didn't change. It is considered disruptive to the child. Neve rmind that it is ...reality. What happens when married people have their income drastically change? Well, they spend less on their kids, right? Another issue that our court system is out of synch on.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The mob can.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wilt Can.

12. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I love how the article introduces the reader to Blake Griffin as "Kendall Jenner‘s ex" :D

Sajan and Phillyrocket like this.
  13. Air Langhi

He should have got her pregnant. He could have probably got some child support money from her.

Invisible Fan, Remix and Sajan like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

Has Blake never seen Maury? Dude above might not even have 5K in his checking account.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I didn't realize that. I was told when mine was done the different factors that would cause the amount to change.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. Air Langhi

Even that number + Math Leinart money puts her in the top 1% of earners in cali.

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I imagine different states treat this differently, but in general, I think, you can petition the court to have it changed, but the court doesn't have to agree. I know people who lost their jobs, and had no income...and were still required to continue paying the same amount. 'you should have planned for that' is the typical comment from the court. They ALWAYS rule in whatever they think is the best interest of the CHILD, and it's hard to argue the child is better off getting less money.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, it's $32,000 per month.

As we previously reported, the $258k figure that's being reported is wrong -- but sources tell us the NBA star is still cutting a significant check to Brynn Cameron, the mother of his 2 kids.

The number, we're told, is $32,000 per month

That makes more sense, considering they were together for so long (8 years, albeit on/off) and were engaged (he called it off for Kendall Jenner), and Griffin had her quit her job and essentially become his personal secretary as well as GF. The suit really makes him out to be a dick. Sounds like he was trying to get away with just dumping her and the kids for nothing, with zero responsibility. http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/14/blake-griffin-brynn-cameron-kendall-jenner-palimony/

This is very likely what he'd spend anyhow on the two children and a keeper/wife, if he wants to give them schooling like his piers give their kids, CP3 and Lebron pay like $70-100k/yr per kid for private schools, right? School, medical, food, full-time top-notch nanny (Brynn), rent (to match the lifestyle he wants for them), college savings, vacations, etc.