1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade for Roberto Osuna

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Jul 30, 2018.

1. mightybosstone

I'm really torn on this, because we ultimately don't know exactly what happened. The guy is pleading non guilty, and there are no public facts out there at this point that definitively say he did anything. At the same time, looking at the lesser suspension Chapman served for the heinous things he did, I've got to think the Jays did their homework.

I'm not going to stop watching Astros games or rooting for the team, but it is going to be very hard for me to watch Osuna in an Astros jersey and not hate that guy. And I won't judge or criticize any person who ultimately refuses to support the team or go to games while Osuna is a member of the team. There are some things that are more important than sports and rooting for your favorite team, and this is certainly one of them. I just wish Lunhow and the front office had shown a little more self-awareness when they thought about making this deal. It looks bad for the team, and it feels bad as a fan.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Bluster Only

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It's signed by "JEXAS." You can click on her profile: https://www.blogger.com/profile/12413703686440374166

Regardless, my view doesn't change for a male or female author.

4. Nook

Nook Member

This.

I cannot speak about the current Astros club because I am not and have not been around them.

What I can tell you, having worked for the Astros before, is that different groups are segregated from each other.

Starting players are separate...... pitchers are separate from hitters..... bullpen guys are separate..... in the past, hispanic guys were in their own group.... young players were separate from the veterans. As the players got married and had families, they tended to spend less time with their teammates.

Justin Verlander and Lance McCullers will not be around Osuna a whole lot. They will workout separate. They even have different coaches looking over them. They will pass each other in the locker room but in reality will be fairly separated as each group breaks into separate cliques.

If there is going to be any problems with Osuna, it will likely be with someone else in the bullpen because they will spend games together, and workouts together. Most of the guys down there are just happy to have a job. The only one in the bullpen that I know has shown his feelings in the past is McHugh. Even then he mostly just expressed his political opinions and never was aggressive about it.

5. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Olney just can't get enough of this situation

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I am against domestic violence as anyone, but what happened to getting all the facts before placing guilt on anyone. Seems that a lot of people are quick to pass judgement and get on social forums to pronounce their disgust and vitriol towards someone just to show other people how devoted they are to a cause. Facts will come out on the case, if he’s done something extremely heinous, then he deserves the backlash and so does the Astros organization. The facts haven’t came out yet, let it play out before demonizing anyone associated.
    If it was something simple (I don’t think any man should ever lay his hands on a woman) the guy still deserves a second chance imo.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Ive had enough of him.

Amshirvani likes this.
  8. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Buster's gonna keep pushing the issue until he's off the team! :D:rolleyes:

That's cool, as long as we pull Chapman off the Yankees, Wright off the Red Sox, Reyes off the Mets, Familia off the A's, no second chances for any of you! You're gone! You're done with!

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, you know Buster wouldn’t dare touch the Yanks or the Sox, they’re above reproach

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I also think it's a time thing. With the Me Too movement and all the social justice going around, maybe the higher ups are making more examples out of ppl who did something. Maybe 3-4 years ago, this was 30 games suspension, but now, with the public outrage, better make it 75 games.

The Beard and kaleidosky like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#572 J.R., Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

By all means, lets get Bluster F#ck off the ESPN team!

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Luhnow said that Osuna expressed remorse for what he did. He got 75 games and Chapman got 30 for choking a women and firing a gun in the air.

You do the math.

15. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

So we are basing everything off the suspension length?

Forrest Whitley must be a real piece of garbage, we probably should cut him.

kaleidosky likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Suspension time is entirely arbitrary.... See Forrest Whitley vs. Aroldis Chapman.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#577 J.R., Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Eh - the Astros brought that part on themselves with the stupid rationalization. Zero-tolerance only for our own guys doesn't make sense.

If Osuna beat up someone while an Astro, he wouldn't allowed on the team, but if he did the exact same thing while employed elsewhere, he's welcome? Regardless of whether the trade is fine or not, the Astros deserve to be endlessly mocked for trying to trot that nonsensical justification out there.

The Beard likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t think it’s as simple as that, every major sports association right now is very reactive and progressively getting harsher and harsher for any perceived threat to their image. The details haven’t been released. To me this is just the last person to get caught paying for others transgressions as much as their own. I could be totally wrong, he could’ve done some extremely bad things, I’m still going to wait to find out the facts before passing judgement on the dude or the organization.

My only issue with the organization is the price paid vs the risk associated.

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I hope everyone trolls him with this ****. Where was the outrage at the A’s getting Familia a week or two ago