1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MDA] "The worst we're going to be is great."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jul 28, 2018.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

You just proved my point, Donovan says there were no issues, but Melo was not productive / at his best and it is obvious he had a bad year according to what he’s capable of. Donovan tried but failed to get the most out of Melo, which is definitely on the player as I’m sure his attitude about potential less touches or a different role was well established.

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

How did I prove your point?

Melo not excelling in the role has nothing to do with attitude. He committed to it for the team, it just didn't work out.

Of course he wanted more touches, think about where he came from. That's a huge adjustment but both Donovan and Presti both spoke highly of him all year. Just because fans and media want to make Melo out to be something he isn't doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and run with it.

You want to deal with lies then debate someone else. At least guys like YOLO and Reeko can have discussions without blatantly making up stuff.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

skroodup25 likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Media conspiracy.

Os Trigonum and JW86 like this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

DMo fan? Zhou Qi?

H-Town Melo likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I like MDA's swagger!

In order to beat the Worriers (farkers just got lucky last year), we got have plenty of confidence and belief that we got this!

D-rock, H-Town Melo and JuNx like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Really nothing? So 99% of the media are just making up stuff, over all these years of covering him are just putting lies out there even though most acknowledge they love him as a person? Come on now. How can we argue when you don’t acknowledge even one bit that Melo has ego issues.

Ashamed? Wow if there even someone who should be it’s you. So in denial of the reality of Melo even with all the things Melo says himself! He’s showing he has issues and an attitude problem. You don’t think it’s odd he comes and says he knows basketball and will accept a different role when he feels he’s ready. Even if he felt that way, it’s just not the mentality to have after all he went through right now. Melo allows his ego to run him and it’s actually sad to see, but I also feel sorry for you.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dear season, please start already. I'm getting sick of the same conversation day in and day out.

Richie_Rich, Mazulis, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We won 55 games 2 seasons ago with just Harden and a bunch of average role players. That is our floor with Harden and MDA. Add CP3, Melo and a mature Capela, you get at least GREAT regardless of losing Ariza and Luc.

#68 rockbox, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    hakeem94, D-rock, jordnnnn and 3 others like this.
  9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

LMAO you listen to the media LMAO...I'm laughing at you

I'll take Billy Donovan and Sam Presti's words over the media....I'm still laughing at you

Every basketball has an ego. If you want to hate Melo because of that then enjoy....and while you enjoy it I'll still be laughing at you for listening to the media

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys he listens to the media then comes on CF and makes up lies LMAOOOOOO

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

For MDA's sake I hope he is right..... would hate to see him get a pink slip!

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Never expected to like MDA as much as I do. Love that dude. Take us home coach!

Deuce, heypartner, Mazulis and 5 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mike conspiracy. Throw off media.

Easy likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Long months till the season.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL @ the media conspiracy. Good luck in the real world my friend.

15. riko

riko Member

I love mike. The last two seasons with him being our coach we’ve averaged 60 wins a season. That is insane. He took a 41 win team and got us 56 wins and then he took a 56 to 65 the very next season and had it not been for Chris missing a few games 70 wins was a real possibility.

topfive likes this.
  16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Another team's junk will be treasure elsewhere....3 Little Pigs are working to relocate the Wolf.

MDA is right...with new-mind Me7o, we're good.

But the Htown Union of 5-6 (bright stars, some dimming, but all crucial like EG in game 6) are not fully united...yet.

BIG is subjective. GS's BIG 4 isn't like Dream/Clyde/Chuck....they're "BIG" because they're complementary. KD/Steph are the bright...Klay, DonkeyTeeth and BrokeDownBoog are complementary pieces of that whole Hampton 5 nonsense.

The Rockets design may not be the flashy names, but the results will be...that's from a good ear. Beard/CP/Clint/ Melo (legit "big 4) + EG and Tuck and Morey will add some touch ups when the 3 little pigs agree.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ok, guys, time to decode "3 Little Pigs" and the "Wolf"

Go!

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe, just maybe, that's because Donovan is a sh!tty coach who has yet to prove he even belongs at this level.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because Westbrook is a stat-chasing d!ck who makes even Carmelo look like a model teammate.

OKC was a bad situation for Melo, and one he only agreed to because his team refused to play ball with his preferred destination. Now he's actually going to be wearing the uniform he wanted to last year. He's got an infinitely better coach, TWO infinitely better point guards, and he's likely to be pretty damn happy that he's here.

If you only look at the "couldn't make it work with 2 other stars in OKC" thing on a surface level, you might come away thinking that Melo was the big problem there. Things will be pretty much the same there this year, though, because the real problems are still around.

#78 topfive, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    slothy420, JW86 and Deuce like this.
  19. whozee

whozee Member

Wolf must be Butler

3 pigs? Morey , MDA and Tilman? Lol

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Feels like Timberwolves is too easy a guess. Doubt it is Butler. Much subtler move likely. role player level.