1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Axis of Cohen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So was Clinton immoral?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What is he lying to his base about? He has given them exactly what he said

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes, when he cheated on his wife with Monica Lewinsky. And Clinton was tried for lies about that affair.

pgabriel, FranchiseBlade and bobrek like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He lied to his base about already having the remains of the American soldiers from North Korea.

He has lied to his base about has affairs and whether or not he was aware of hush money.

He has lied to his base quite often. Now if your argument is that most of his base doesn't care, then you are most likely correct.

Deckard likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

the wall mexico would gladly pay for.. that was a pretty yuge lie. But you have to give trump credit for going above and beyond to attempt getting it funded, including using children as political pawns. The 'base' was enjoying that. Conservative religious leaders, from all sides, not so much

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes these are insignificant issues no one cares about

He tried to get the wall He tried to ban Muslims. He has pulled out of trade agreements. Thats like his three main promises

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But he can promise that. He cant make Mexico do it. He can only try

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry if I misunderstood you on the comparison to other presidents. Interested to know what the difference is between immoral and repugnant. Is it not the immorality that causes the repugnance? I was thinking more broadly about his presidency, but re the campaign, I'd throw some of these things in the immoral basket: stirring up fear and hatred of Mexican immigrants, inner city blacks, and Muslims with lies as well as encouraging misogyny; encouraging violence at rallies; breaking campaign finance law; publicly encouraging Russia to hack his opponent; trivializing sexual assault (oh yeah, and sexually assaulting a lot of women); glorifying vigilantism; casting doubt on the integrity of our voting system when he thought he might lose; casting doubt on the professionalism of our national security agencies; at least an appearance of impropriety in regards to Russian intervention, as well as telling many, many lies about their relationships with Russians. I could probably do this all day if I took the time. Maybe those are merely repugnant, depending on your definitions.

I can't think of another national politician, though, who did those things, embraced them, and lived to tell the tale. The Clintons talked about superpredators but tried to make it out like it wasn't about race. Bush led a War on Terror but was careful to distinguish it from a War on Islam. Edwards broke campaign finance law to hide an affair, but left the race in shame when he was caught. There was legitimate concern over the integrity of the election between Bush and Gore with the hanging chad count, but Gore ultimately conceded. Clayton Williams (not national, of course) made a joke about rape and lost in a race he had been leading. Politicians don't easily feel shame, it seems, but Trump takes the cake on shamelessness.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Worth repeating. Kudos, JV. :cool:

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

11. dmoneybangbang

I just told you, the non union South has been the recipient of significant auto manufacturing. Trump created an issue and now we are bailing out farmers and manufacturing costs have risen because we put tariffs on steel and aluminum.

He lied to them about the root of the issue and now we are in a trade war despite out performing Japan, Korea, and the EU over the past 30 years.

12. dmoneybangbang

And his campaign promises were based on BS. Junk in equals junk out.

We use steel to make things now, like oil and gas equipment used in this energy boom that started under Obama. Apparently Trump and you don’t believe in personal responsibility to adapt to a new world.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JuanValdez

On Trump Republicans Hispanics GWB and Immorality

I personally love Hispanic immigrants. I love their drive work ethic and their appreciation for American opportunity. I think on appreciation for American opportunity, black people should take notice.

Catering to the Hispanic community is the one thing GWB was correct about and its ironic the one thing he was right about its the one thing Republicans didn't follow him on.

The Republican base does not like Hispanic immigrants. Most Republican politicians cater to this attitude but use code words. Trump is repugnant because he doesn't use code words to dance around the hatred and therefore i do respect his honesty. The other Republican politicians are immoral in using code words.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump didn't lie. Unfortunately he like them doesn't understand the complexity of international trade

#474 pgabriel, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Those are bigger issues than Trump

16. dmoneybangbang

Of course he lied, that’s how he won the Rustbelt.

17. dmoneybangbang

But nevertheless Trump talked the talk. Nevertheless we are in a global trade war with actual tariffs in place.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He didn't lie. He thought he could impose tarriffs willie nillie

You're saying he lied because what he promised backfired. Thats not lying, its just being wrong

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

He didn't deliver on his promises... some people say breaking a promise makes you a liar.

Oh gawd... I said I wouldn't respond to these anymore. Jeesh!

20. dmoneybangbang

What he promised was based off of dishonesty. Junk in equals junk out.