1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Yes. It is.

Bobsputin and cerophilik like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Dude, it's very obvious we need Joel Embiid but how do we get him?

3. basketballholic

They picked on him constantly. And he had to go sit down. And our best defensive 5 was PJ. Dance around it all you want. But those are the facts. He.had.to sit.down.

Why not? likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Well what was the context? I've seen it in various member's sigs. Don't be mad at me because your boy Trump had a bad day.

Clearly you've underestimated Capela.

5. basketballholic

Richaun Holmes

6. dmoneybangbang

Not at all. Capela is a good, not great, center.

7. dmoneybangbang

A decent back up center, but Holmes isn't going to stone Towns or Gobert like Capela did.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  8. basketballholic

No we don't need an injury waiting to happen. Love Embiid's game. But his health sucks. He's got chronic foot issues. He's slow up and down. And we simply aren't built for his style of play. Pass!

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  9. basketballholic

Not going to repeat it again for you. Look.it.up. Out of context.

10. basketballholic

And Richaun Holmes is better than Capela.

11. basketballholic

Holmes will run those guys out of the building playing with us. Don't kid yourself.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep the politics out of the GARM. We have a forum for that and it isn't here. I suggest that you edit that post and conform to the rules laid out by @Clutch. Thanks in advance.

Deuce, mikol13, lurgar and 2 others like this.
  13. basketballholic

I'll take the slap for that one. Couldn't come up with a better analogy.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would rather spend the money on Capella than on Carmelo. Carmelo gave his heart. He was able to guard guards on the permiter as well as protect the basket. He knows how to play with CP3 and Harden. He's a great fit for us. I think he's worth it.

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

+/- is not a very good stat. I’m sure you know that with your BB IQ. I’m disappointed you even used it

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I know PJ was a beast, in fact I remember specifically telling you I thought PJ was going to be our best C against Draymond a year back.

Clint couldn't handle Curry at all, he wasn't that effective against the Warriors, but Clint did a great job on Durant, and that's all I said.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Most of the work is done by Harden not Capela. Capela scored on towns and Rudy because of a couple of factors. In fact whenever Capela tried to score on his own or do all the work he usually fails. He turns it over or takes a bad shot. Capela scores because of all the attention Harden gets. Who’s the bigger threat Harden or Capela? Ofc Harden, he creates space for Capela to just wait and get the pass usually with no center near him. Capela and Harden have worked on their pnr so Harden usually gives perfect open passes so Capela can put it in. Also he beats them because of our offense’s pace. So what Capela has is getting there before his man or jumping high to get the alley oop.

18. hakeemthagreat

What trade suggestion was it? Because all we did is plug PJ in at center & the problem was solved. We won 65 games with Capela & you wanna trade him? Foolishness

19. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

To @basketballholic

With all sincerity

You are the 1st and only person on my ignore list. I look forward to the day that all CF has you on ignore so no one sees your jiberish.

bratna8 likes this.
  20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Same here, my one and only on ignore. It's been a lot better the last 2 weeks.