1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ringer] The Rockets' Window Has Closed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Jul 13, 2018.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I have confidence Morey will throw a brick at the window.
    Once again opening up our opportunity at some hardware..

seclusion likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It blows my mind that media still doesn't realize 13+3 = 4 all stars. That's quick maths. The CP3 signing is still the most important signing of the off season.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're not wrong. Look at the roster. It's no better or worse than last year's Cavs team. They'll be fine, but not better than the Rockets.

However...the media is desperate for that to be the case, hence the offseason hyping.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I agree. I see a lot of hype converting Kuzma to the next Kobe. Seems like thats the move the media is hoping toward. Additionally, suddenly Ingram is the next best thing now that Randle has left.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nope!

65 wins and a 7 game WCF series against the Warriors was cool, but did you see the Lakers got Lebron THEN Lance Stephenson and Javale McGee?

Rockets window is closed.

6. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

The article says:

I don't think anyone that was already behind Houston as necessarily pushed past them, but the talent loss vs GSW is real.

The other article is pretty balanced! You know how "that's why they play the game"? That's why you have to read the article, and not just the headline :cool::

7. lurgar

lurgar Member

All of these outlets keep reminding me that free agency this year was like 7 days or something super short. It sucks that we have run out of time to actually do things. If only we still had more time to get stuff done.

And I swear most of these media outlets saw a tweet about Capela being offered 4/48, his "sad face" tweet and then said he was gone. They didn't see the offer was likely 5/85 or anything like that. Nope, nothing but super spicy hot takes about Lebron.

DreamShook and heypartner like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

As long as Harden is still a 28 year old MVP, I think our window will be just fine for the next couple of years .

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People who thought that the window wasn't open this time last year now thinks that the window is closed? I'm shocked.

fryjol7 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

As much as people NOW love to talk about how great our defense was last year, the key to us winning so many games was having elite PG play for 48 minutes a night. That hasn't changed. We'll be fine.

Lakers will be this year's Thunder. Lots of praise before the season begins, then lots of confusion once it does.

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Every off season the critics take a collective dump on Daryl Morey and question his moves but they always end up eating crow as we get closer to the playoffs. I wouldn't bet against him.

Little Bit, heypartner and topfive like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait, if the Rockets window is closed, that means none of us can get out. We're screwed.

heypartner likes this.
  13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My own view of the current roster as constructed (plus Melo) is a strict downgrade.

I feel like last year they had a legitimate punchers chance to beat the Warriors.

This year I feel like we're back to hoping for a major injury to one of the Warriors best players to have a chance.

Seriously.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

RIP Choke City.

Wait... I've seen this play before...

15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I don't get the premise of the article. It asks whether the Rockets are the 2nd best team in the West, and answers that "this lineup won't scare the Warriors." Along the way it lists a few other teams that have gotten better without even attempting to argue any of them have closed the 15+ game gap to the Rockets. Not everything they say is wrong, but it lacks any coherent conclusion about anything except that today the Warriors are better, which, well, thanks for the insight....

fryjol7 likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

wtf has the ringer done for Rockets fans lately?

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Welp, I guess that's it folks. Time to tank.

fryjol7 likes this.
  18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I don´t like our offseason so far, but I don´t hate it. I´ve learned to trust Morey.

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL in before another season of our rockets slapping these b****es around