1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets want Melo off the bench, may sign with Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If he chooses to go to Miami than he doesn’t care about winning anything and we’ll have dodged that bullet again. No worries. If we actually had a conversation about his role and he’s bought in and accepted than great.

plutoblue11 and ramotadab like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Smart guy.

1Deep and malakas like this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I wanna see YOLO's face then he hears "At forward number 7 from Syracuse, Carmelooooooooo ANTHONY!!!!"

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rocket have to do the dumb stuff with the Monstars in GSW; have to get "stars". Plus, I think it is less like Rockets are being deceptive and more like the Rockets showing what is better for the team. They well try what Melo wants then show that it's better this way.. just like Dwight.

Dwight caused that drama because he is emotionally 10 years old. Rockets tried it his way then transitioned to the better way, with better results, but Dwight was too much of a dummy to see it.

I think it is just like when a corner stone player gets traded to a team with one year remaining on their contract (PG13 to OKC) the team is taking a gamble that the player will be sold on the product and stay. Not saying Melo is a cornerstone player, but he might be sold on the idea of a different role.

I think it's worth the Gamble..

Also CP3 will teach Melo to have heart.. maybe off the bench..

Reeko likes this.
  5. tobster

tobster Member

If he doesn't come on our terms then we move onto the next one. If he does come on our terms it could be a very exciting season.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. gotsis

gotsis Member

Good question. Tucker? With Ryno back to PF?

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I don't think LA has any money right now outside of the minimum.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He won't because Melo won't start if he comes here remember? They don't announce the bench names.

ramotadab and YOLO like this.
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Completely agree. The Rockets are about winning. Melo moving to the bench seems like a winning move. If Melo can see that, then it's best for everyone. If not then it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway.

The question remains though....who plays SF?

htxaf and Rockets FTW like this.
  10. alethios

alethios Member

If Melo is truly leaning towards Miami, it's because he knows we don't want/need him here that badly. Same as last year when we wouldn't trade EGo in the deal to bring him here. He took that as a message that we're just not that into him.

11. jb86

jb86 Member

If Melo comes here he will start but coach will have Melo and CP3 playing with the second unit while the MVP rest. Morey needs to find at least one more vet that can make 3s and play solid defense.

12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I'm implying if and when Melo starts.

13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

This is what really should happen.

jb86 likes this.
  14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

this is not true. melo wanted to goto houston. ny didn't like anything the rockets were offering so they went with okc

justtxyank likes this.
  15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Melo, not wanting to come off the bench, is as funny as @FLASH21 attempting to "know" a summer league player for the Rockets by the name of "Greg Williams" and then defending it. They are both jabronies.

17. malakas

malakas Member

The fact that he's even talking to Miami and seriously considering it proves what his priorities are.

One team is a bottom playoff team in the East with Whiteside as the second star the other is a championship contender with his good friend in the roster.

slothy420, ramotadab and Zboy like this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not only that but it’s more of a “I gotta keep showing my peers I’m an alpha equal to them” “ defenders will think I lost a step” “once a bench player always a bench player”

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

but he may end up having wade there to keep him company :D

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i'm ready....again

DonKnock likes this.